Half Moon and Black Moon Parties banned (for 5 months)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that this will help send some pervert farangs back home, there are many foreigners think money could buy anything while they visit countries like Thailand, the best place for swindlers and the Most Wanted convicts from around the world to stay. laugh.png

I truly hope they { The Army } start to Clean up Samui.... Please

I just saw a group of Marines to "Hin Lat Waterfall", Nathon.

They were investigating the illegally occupied land.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

This is great! Many lands in the rural area are actually forced to be sold to or given to the local governors/counsellors, which many of them have mafia background.

• Like 1

Hope that this will help send some pervert farangs back home, there are many foreigners think money could buy anything while they visit countries like Thailand, the best place for swindlers and the Most Wanted convicts from around the world to stay. laugh.png

The pervert farangs and genuine on-the-lam criminals aren't hanging out at Half/Black Moon Parties, more like in go-go bars or the like. Still no sympathy for closing these parties down as it is primarily idiots coming for the explicit purpose of getting intoxicated (whether on legal booze or otherwise), always seemed like a trashy purpose for visiting a country.

Edited by squarethecircle

The pervert farangs and genuine on-the-lam criminals aren't hanging out at Half/Black Moon Parties, more like in go-go bars or the like. Still no sympathy for closing these parties down as it is primarily idiots coming for the explicit purpose of getting intoxicated (whether on legal booze or otherwise), always seemed like a trashy purpose for visiting a country.

Well, I doubt many visit Thailand specifically for the parties, but most definitely visiting the islands while in the country is a must to most. The HM/BM parties serve to offer a taste of the FM party for those visiting out of FM week.

I repeat I do not support the parties with my attendance, but at least I have been. You condemn them with no clue what you are talking about. The 'idiots' as you call them are not harming anyone (except themselves maybe), so why trash them? You must be loads of fun to be around...

• Like 2

"I repeat I do not support the parties with my attendance, but at least I have been. You condemn them with no clue what you are talking about. The 'idiots' as you call them are not harming anyone (except themselves maybe), so why trash them? You must be loads of fun to be around..."

I just condemn them based on how they act in Vang Vieng, kinda dick-ish and disrespectful to locals, never been to those party islands and no plans to go either. I get the impression that in the early days the FMP's were good, just backpackers and respectful world travellers who came upon some beautiful islands with friendly locals and spread the tradition, then some jacka------ heard about it and started coming for the "wrong" reasons, either to binge drink etc. or just be wolves or leeches in general. I worked event security for music festivals in home country before and it is a familiar pattern.

We don't like rules. We don't like regulations. One of many reasons why i prefer to live here, rather than the nanny state west.

Until someone bops us on the head, or steals our wallet, or runs smack into us when we're sitting still at a red light, or electrocutes a loved one, or sells us fake medicine, or cheats us out of our home, or...or...

Then, all of a sudden, those nanny state protections look pretty good, don't they?

What you're really saying is that you don't like the regulations that you don't like.

• Like 2

Yep.. Yep. I think a newbie would have a haphazard time understand this amazing place. Sometimes the harsh reality makes us all blush. How can we, from such high moral diverse, religious or not background, be here? Fight denial and you will see reality. If you know Buddhism as it really is verses Thai Buddhism that mixes Astrology, Fortune telling, Superstition, Mysticism, Pagan Worship, Black and White Magic, and Lucky Luck. Place all these in a man or woman, who believes a happy job at 9000 baht is better than a mai sanook 20,000 baht job and give it a good capitalist looking over, then you will quickly surmise that you ain't in Kansas any more Toto and gladly run towards the tornado that swept your ass over here in the first place. Sabai Sabai and jai yen yen had to be beaten into my hectic brain until finally understood. We all have came from so-called civilization. Nevertheless, Keep my beer ice cold, my girl hot and younger than me, flights cheap to exotic and interesting places and Thai people Thai people and them happy!

• Like 1

So instead of targeting the thai drug dealers on the island who supply the drugs, better to just ban all the parties all together, damaging all the legitimate businesses and targeting the vast majority of tourists which will never touch any of the thai peddled drugs. Typical Thailand, always foreigners fault somehow

Well the shiva moon party went ahead last night and black moon party is still on on the 26 .........whistling.gif

ah the junta, stepping on toes, one at a time.

lets just wait and see how readily they relinquish power.

they are just getting started.

Which is better, a benevolent junta or a malevolent democracy?

we will be finding out, just you wait

• Like 1

In my opinion the parties are not the main source of the drug problem, shutting them down just removes a popular feature of this - party - island. Some people travel here for the smaller parties too.

People seem to be obsessed with hating the parties and party people, making them out to be drug fueled orgies - if only... tongue.png

To the haters - it is not as if drugs are sold over the counter at parties! Stop the parties and the same dealers will merely sell more on the beaches and in resorts. Same people, same drugs.

I must admit I do not go to the parties much as I feel my age; the times I have gone I have had a good time and never did I see, nor was I offered drugs. There were many spaced out zombies dancing to the techno music, but they more than likely arrived with their own supply, or bought off the same dealers mentioned earlier.

If the army wants to make a huge improvement here then concentrate on Yabba usage amongst local Thai/Burmese youngsters...

Agree with you regarding the yaba, it's for sure a bigger issue than some tourists taking drugs. However, there are (or were?) enough party's on KPG were you could buy drugs over the counter. Some places even have signs.

So instead of targeting the thai drug dealers on the island who supply the drugs, better to just ban all the parties all together, damaging all the legitimate businesses and targeting the vast majority of tourists which will never touch any of the thai peddled drugs. Typical Thailand, always foreigners fault somehow

Well the shiva moon party went ahead last night and black moon party is still on on the 26 .........whistling.gif

I hope I am wrong and the parties do go ahead, but perhaps the new rules all come into effect on the 1st?

Soon it will be pristine clean and boring like Singapore.

That is what worries me, Thailand wants to be more like Singapore, that seems to be were their heading. I guess we all wait to see what type of environment the changes create.

Some of the changes I’m sure will be an improvement, it seems to me they focus a lot on trying to curtail the parting that goes on in Thailand. It’s interesting how as soon as these old guys get past there parting years and have lost their interest in the girls they start trying to stop younger people from having that type of fun and pontificate to everyone about its deleterious effect on society.

It really is not a problem if you don't care for the changes you can relocate to a place that resembles what you like, I’m not going to stress over it. If they change too much they create a demand for new place like the old Thailand, and the demand will be filled possibly in Myanmar or Cambodia. Personally I’m skeptical, I’m hoping for the best but I won’t want to live or vacation in a country run by a heavy handed military system of out of touch senior citizens.

We don't like rules. We don't like regulations. One of many reasons why i prefer to live here, rather than the nanny state west.

Ah yes, then please feel free to revel in the clean waters of Thailand's lakes and rivers and take a deep breath of all that clean air in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, all courtesy of the lack of regulation. Of course you must feel sad not to have children who are benefitting from the steller Thai education system so wonderfully funded by the lack of regulation in financing. And here in the US, I just can't tell you how good life has been since the removal of those pesky regulations contained in the Glass-Stegall act. Yep, as long as there are few regulation, we Americans (and we are #1, in something I think) are all free to gulp down our FOX flavored Kool-Aid and spread the dogma worldwide.

So let's all hail Karl Marx who predicted that capitalism would self-destruct, as the quickest way to achieve that final lofty goal is by not having regulations upon capitalists. Let the free market sing to it glorious and divine invisible hand thaty has nothing better to do than stroke itself.

• Like 2

That is what worries me, Thailand wants to be more like Singapore, that seems to be were their heading. I guess we all wait to see what type of environment the changes create.

Some of the changes I’m sure will be an improvement, it seems to me they focus a lot on trying to curtail the parting that goes on in Thailand. It’s interesting how as soon as these old guys get past there parting years and have lost their interest in the girls they start trying to stop younger people from having that type of fun and pontificate to everyone about its deleterious effect on society.

It really is not a problem if you don't care for the changes you can relocate to a place that resembles what you like, I’m not going to stress over it. If they change too much they create a demand for new place like the old Thailand, and the demand will be filled possibly in Myanmar or Cambodia. Personally I’m skeptical, I’m hoping for the best but I won’t want to live or vacation in a country run by a heavy handed military system of out of touch senior citizens.

Singaprore 2013 tourist arrivals 15.5 million visitors

Thailand 2013 arrivals 26 million.

Compare size and population and who is more popular?

Personally I’m a fan of Thailand; Singapore is a beautiful country and according to your information more popular that Thailand but it’s not for me, I have no interest and I will never live or vacation there.

Thailand has some issues but it’s always been a fun place for me, Singapore is boring and if Thailand adopts the Singaporean ways I won’t be able to get out fast enough.

I don’t know because I don’t pay attention but is Singapore governed by a large number of seniors that physically can’t have sex anymore or handle the effects of a hangover? Because the lifestyle there seems perfect for that demographic.

• Like 1

Some of the changes Im sure will be an improvement, it seems to me they focus a lot on trying to curtail the parting that goes on in Thailand. Its interesting how as soon as these old guys get past there parting years and have lost their interest in the girls they start trying to stop younger people from having that type of fun and pontificate to everyone about its deleterious effect on society.

It really is not a problem if you don't care for the changes you can relocate to a place that resembles what you like, Im not going to stress over it. If they change too much they create a demand for new place like the old Thailand, and the demand will be filled possibly in Myanmar or Cambodia. Personally Im skeptical, Im hoping for the best but I wont want to live or vacation in a country run by a heavy handed military system of out of touch senior citizens.

Personally Im a fan of Thailand; Singapore is a beautiful country and according to your information more popular that Thailand but its not for me, I have no interest and I will never live or vacation there.

Thailand has some issues but its always been a fun place for me, Singapore is boring and if Thailand adopts the Singaporean ways I wont be able to get out fast enough.

I dont know because I dont pay attention but is Singapore governed by a large number of seniors that physically cant have sex anymore or handle the effects of a hangover? Because the lifestyle there seems perfect for that demographic.

I think you sir are a Liar. You've never even been to Singapore and just seen the pictures of clean roads and saw a list of hotel prices you simply couldn't afford

Singapore has more 'whores' than Bangkok and it's a similar size. And guess what, prostitution is legal, Singapore even has visas and work permits specifically for 'prostitutes'. In some bars you can pay for the girl by adding her services to your bill and pay on your credit card.

Just because Singapore has a clean and well maintained infrastructure, ample public transport, regulations to prevent traffic and pollution (high taxes on pointless cars), high quality social housing, regulation to keep the mosquito population at its lowest, clean parks and public spaces.. It is some how 'boring'

You've never been and clearly you can't afford the privilege. I love Thailand and I love Singapore as well but don't try and kid yourself that Bangkok can hold a candle to Singapore. If you are one of those guys on a £500 a month budget then I can understand why you would not choose to live in Singapore, but please keep your bullshit to yourself sir

• Like 2

I think you sir are a Liar. You've never even been to Singapore and just seen the pictures of clean roads and saw a list of hotel prices you simply couldn't afford

Singapore has more 'whores' than Bangkok and it's a similar size. And guess what, prostitution is legal, Singapore even has visas and work permits specifically for 'prostitutes'. In some bars you can pay for the girl by adding her services to your bill and pay on your credit card.

Just because Singapore has a clean and well maintained infrastructure, ample public transport, regulations to prevent traffic and pollution (high taxes on pointless cars), high quality social housing, regulation to keep the mosquito population at its lowest, clean parks and public spaces.. It is some how 'boring'

You've never been and clearly you can't afford the privilege. I love Thailand and I love Singapore as well but don't try and kid yourself that Bangkok can hold a candle to Singapore. If you are one of those guys on a £500 a month budget then I can understand why you would not choose to live in Singapore, but please keep your bullshit to yourself sir

Calling people with an opinion a liar. Nice... I guess it's true that the most miserable people are in Singapore; http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/21/world/asia/singapore-least-happy/
At least Thais are generally a happy bunch. Edited by PoorSucker
removed tangled quotes
  • Like 1

ah the junta, stepping on toes, one at a time.

lets just wait and see how readily they relinquish power.

they are just getting started.

Which is better, a benevolent junta or a malevolent democracy?

Pointless question as neither apply to Thailand.

Grindting

You think I’m a liar, that’s the problem with you, don’t think, you’re not very good at it. You make a lot of assumptions about me that you can’t possibly know are true, that’s foolish. Big deal you like Singapore, well I prefer Thailand 100% to Singapore, does that irritate you? You say you think I prefer Thailand because I desire poor infrastructure, pollution, high taxes, dirty parks and so on, there you go thinking again, you have to stop that it just ends up producing more pointless unsubstantiated babble.

My economic position is my personal business but a can assure you it is not constrained to the point that I have never been to or cannot afford to call Singapore home. You seem to know a lot about the prostitutes in Singapore and Thailand you’ve demonstrated by your words the person you are, why don’t you take your own suggestion and keep your bullshit to yourself, its desperate babbling.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the party scheduled for 26th (today) will still happen? And does anyone know how I can become a Whatchamacallit? Hehe. Good Ole military rule. Scary eye too Toto. Frankly I like the Black moon and Half moon parties. Hella.. I can count on my big toe how many parties I have been too that didn't have drugs in the States.. I think that was my 12th birthday.

I truly hope they { The Army } start to Clean up Samui.... Please

Me too, and they should start with foreigners illegally controlling property.

Confiscation and a life time ban from entering Thailand.

Just you wait and see.

does this include all the 5 star hotels "controlled" by foreigners?

Edited by ColdSingha