Re entry issue. . .

I quit my job a few months back but my visa and work permit expire in october 2014. Having a re entry permit I have been out of Thailand and back in with no problem. No questions asked at the airport. . . stamp me through as normal. I arrived back in bangkok about 2 months ago and I am scheduled to return to my home country next month i.e. before both the 90 day report and before the non immigrant b expiry date. However, I am slightly concerned after reading about the visa rules on this website. I have a few questions about my status.

1. Am I here legally?

2. If not how could the immigration police at the aiport know?

3. What course of action would u advise for someone in my position?

4. Could I be black listed?

Thanks in advance

1. Your extension of stay and the re-entry permit based on it became invalid the the your employment ended.

2. Unless your employer cancelled you work permit and the Department of Employment informed your immigration office and your immigration office entered this information in a database accessible to immigration officers at exit points and the immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi checks this database, you should have no problem.

3. Don't know.

4. Don't know.

If you have a visa then you are fine, but if you are on an extension of stay based on employment, then you are on overstay from the day your employment ended. That is not to say that all the relevant authorities are linked, and that you would have any problems leaving one final time.

as stated above, your visa expired the moment you quit your job technically speaking but if your ex-employer hasn't officially cancelled said work permit then nobody will be any the wiser - the key is checking with your employer to see if they have done anything yet

"as stated above, your visa expired the moment you quit your job technically speaking..."

That wasn't stated above.

Those posts that you are probably referring to clearly said that an extension would have expired. A visa would remain valid.

• Like 1

"as stated above, your visa expired the moment you quit your job technically speaking..."

That wasn't stated above.

Those posts that you are probably referring to clearly said that an extension would have expired. A visa would remain valid.

Spanked lol

yes I was going to correct that but it amounts to the same thing - permission to stay expired whether visa or otherwise when employment ended

sometimes stating the wrong thing might actually be easier to understand

Thanks for your contribution TerryLH