Helping prisoner

stevoboy

When I lived on Samui I used to go to the prison there once a month or so and take a few roast chickens, some fruit, some Thai food that was swapped to the Katoeys for laundry, some books and old DVD's for the Farang inside. I didn't know any of them personally but I was told that the food etc was well received. It didn't cost a lot and it is good to be nice. As said I wouldn't like to be inside and here you don't even have to be guilty to end up inside just upset the wrong person. 

Where drugs are concerned they are sick and not bad. They need to be treated as such. Sadly jails around the world are filled with people who for me shouldn't be inside but that is just my opinion.

The guy is only trying to help an old GF who is now his friend and needs to be thanked for doing so wink.png

Well said totally agree with you, to many people are always on a downer with posters.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What moron would want to make stupid, insensitive remarks about trying to help somebody in prison.  Things are bad enough...many come from good families, like my wife's daughter, and got caught up  in drugs at an early age.  She is a very nice person.

Low life posting here is a disgrace.  period.

• Like 1

What moron would want to make stupid, insensitive remarks about trying to help somebody in prison.  Things are bad enough...many come from good families, like my wife's daughter, and got caught up  in drugs at an early age.  She is a very nice person.

Low life posting here

Oh, so drug dealers and junkies are mot low life?

• Like 2

Refuse to be drawn into a negative contest on those who have fallen off the path.  I have met too many alcoholics who were not worth a single baht, and some drug users who have tried to reform, and would like some help.

Enough.

So it's ok if this girl sold drugs to your kid? You'd forgive her?

• Like 2

Drugs is an evil business slippery, you might see it as a norm having a junkie in the family but for others they might find it hard to understand why anyone would want to help anyone in prison, afterall they're in there for punishment.

Help a soi dog would be my advice. Every junkie I've ever dealt with was a theiving low life, certainly not worth trusting. The normally hurt their families, friends and love ones the most.

ND, not trying to bring up your past (as that is your personal business) but given your past employment, would you say that you have had more contact with drug pushers and junkies than most people have in a lifetime?
I would presume that your strong views are a result of the effects that you have seen of drugs, both to the junkie and their families.

That's it.

I've seen some crap junkies, some less crap but never the less the best of them were high levels asssholes, no doubt about that.

Seen a junkie starve her own kid to death and I was stabbed by a junkie who was robbing old age pensioners.

Never met a decent junkie or should I say the only good junkie is a dead one. They nearly always bring the most grief to those they are closest to.

I have no sympathy for them, they are first class fools the first time they use, a highly unintelligent thing to do IMHO.

Why don't you send your junkie convict a package instead. Then she can't buy drugs.

insensitive post....weirdo

When did the truth become 'insensitive'? Prisoner is a junkie drug dealer, or was, no friends and family willing to help. No Thai female prisoner ever died of starvation so it's not a matter of life and death. There's a high probability she is still using inside and that anything sent will only be used to further her habit, sorry if that's 'insensitive'.

• Like 1

Refuse to be drawn into a negative contest on those who have fallen off the path.  I have met too many alcoholics who were not worth a single baht, and some drug users who have tried to reform, and would like some help.

Enough.

Everybody deserves a second chance , or a chance to reform, you won't find me arguing onthat, but you have to appreciate that people have strong views on drug dealing in particular. Some people here have probably seen the devastation that drug addiction has on people or their loved ones, so don't expect all posters to be so sympathetic around it.

Everybody sure deserves a 2nd chance. Problem with drug addicts, they seem to need a 3rd chance and then a 4th chance and a 5th,6th,7th etc... 

Dealers don't deserve anything, full stop...

I admire the OPs commitment but there are limits..

• Like 1

Drugs is an evil business slippery, you might see it as a norm having a junkie in the family but for others they might find it hard to understand why anyone would want to help anyone in prison, afterall they're in there for punishment.

Help a soi dog would be my advice. Every junkie I've ever dealt with was a theiving low life, certainly not worth trusting. The normally hurt their families, friends and love ones the most.

ND, not trying to bring up your past (as that is your personal business) but given your past employment, would you say that you have had more contact with drug pushers and junkies than most people have in a lifetime?

I would presume that your strong views are a result of the effects that you have seen of drugs, both to the junkie and their families.

I had the house burgled by junkie a holes.

I had the house burgled by junkie a holes.

Yep, so were we. Bunch of tossers. Even stole my daughters laptop, tablet and camera. The other stuff they stole such as Mrs TS Jewelry and watches couldn't be replaced.

When did the truth become 'insensitive'? Prisoner is a junkie drug dealer, or was, no friends and family willing to help. No Thai female prisoner ever died of starvation so it's not a matter of life and death. There's a high probability she is still using inside and that anything sent will only be used to further her habit, sorry if that's 'insensitive'.

The only thing cons have got is time. Time to write sob story letters to bleeding hearts and gullible fools to send them money.

Despite what a lot of people here believe it's not a simple affair jailing someone. Jails here are not a business.

^ yep that's what they do Mosha, they screw with the good people to feed their filthy habit.

Vermin.

LOL.

You mean the same good people that pay them 500 baht barfine and leave 100 baht tip after screwing their brains out all night.

^ yep that's what they do Mosha, they screw with the good people to feed their filthy habit.

Vermin.

LOL.

You mean the same good people that pay them 500 baht barfine and leave 100 baht tip after screwing their brains out all night.

Well & then there's that lol indeed.

Why don't you send your junkie convict a package instead. Then she can't buy drugs.

so you want to hang her, grow up and realise everybody cannot be as perfect as you.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so you want to hang her, grow up and realise everybody cannot be as perfect as you.

I don't recall ATF saying that the she should be hung, maybe you are privy to more information than the rest of the members of this board.

By the way, a quick Google search shows that amongst other things BAFC can mean Burton Albion Football Club or Bay Area Family Church, wheras The Urban Dictionary lists BAFC as Below Average Frustrated Chump.

So, are you a church goer or a football fan? biggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't recall mentioning hanging or any type of execution. I am an open minded person and if people want to destroy their life with drugs it's their choice but they need to understand the consequences. Is that being too perfect for you?