Can cancel True contract because of low speed

rideride

Has anybody ever tried to cancel a contract because the provider does hardly ever deliver the promised connection speed?
It's never been consistent, but lately it got quite ridiculous and I donot feel like paying for this anymore.
It is supposed to be 12 mps, but too many times it gets damn slow or comes to a complete halt :(

cheers

You've probably gone over your "allowed" limit .... that they don't tell about.... bah.gif

I got my True cancelled and went for 3BB which has no problems (900 baht +- plan>>.. the lesser priced 3 BB plan there is a limit, but at least they tell you on your screen when it is used up before they slow it down! wink.png

• Like 1

Interesting. I've been thinking about switching from 3bb to True as 3bb sometimes is a little slow, and I also am fed up with their technical service. Thought True might be better. I'm on the darkside, but don't know anyone else here who has True, so have no reference points.

Did not know 3bb had limits. In two and a half years I have never come across this. What limits does True have on its basic 12mb account?

Hm, my condo complex is restricted to True so 3BB is not really an option.
If there is a limit then it would be rather random as it tends to slow down at certain times.
Like 6-8pm (people coming home i guess) or 3-4am (for some reason).

Just wondering if this might be a legal way to get out of the contract (would not mind switching condos either).

If there is a limit then it would be rather random as it tends to slow down at certain times.

Just wondering if this might be a legal way to get out of the contract (would not mind switching condos either).

Have the same problem with True. Do you need a reason to cancel a contract?

Am only looking for a better alternative and will just cancel. End of.

Has anybody ever tried to cancel a contract because the provider does hardly ever deliver the promised connection speed?

It's never been consistent, but lately it got quite ridiculous and I donot feel like paying for this anymore.

It is supposed to be 12 mps, but too many times it gets damn slow or comes to a complete halt :(

cheers

I suspect the contract does not promise you 12 Mb/s but maximum 12 Mb or up to 12 Mb, which means that even 50 kb would be within the promised speed. They are clever in writing these contracts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It is supposed to be 12 mps, but too many times it gets damn slow or comes to a complete halt sad.png

cheers

I suspect the contract does not promise you 12 Mb/s but maximum 12 Mb or up to 12 Mb, which means that even 50 kb would be within the promised speed. They are clever in writing these contracts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I was suspecting something like that :(

Speed is your connection to there server - modem speed - not flow of traffic or speed to anywhere else. If you stay connected at paid speed they are legal. If not they need to fix or charge for speed they can provide.

Interesting. I've been thinking about switching from 3bb to True as 3bb sometimes is a little slow, and I also am fed up with their technical service. Thought True might be better. I'm on the darkside, but don't know anyone else here who has True, so have no reference points.

Did not know 3bb had limits. In two and a half years I have never come across this. What limits does True have on its basic 12mb account?

yeah I did not know that until the other day, on their(3BB) 590 plus tax baht plan, one of my neighbours (another TV member) told me that...... that is the only reason I know!

As for service from 3BB I have had to call them out twice in the last few weeks... to sort out damaged line, which dropped my speed. The lines were not on my property.... First fix within 2 hours of calling, the second the next day... but is was after 5 pm when I called! I was very impressed! and first time any problems with connection in over two years of service! thumbsup.gif.... that is on Samui, it may vary around the country....

It does get to be a problem with those who are in apartments etc to be able to switch service suppliers... as seems to be the case with the OP.....sad.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Like someone else already noted, 99% of the time you are paying for "Up to xxMb download speed", so canceling the contract will likely not be an option.

Have you tried contacting True about your bad speeds? I made a complaint through True´s website a couple of months back because the speed and reliability had been really bad for a few weeks. The very next day someone from True called me and asked me to perform a new speed test, as a technician was at that moment in my apartment building to check what was wrong. The speed was then optimal, and I haven´t had any problems since.

It may be worth checking your own wiring. If you've bought cheap (crap) wire to connect to your router and/or computer, that may be what's limiting your speed rather than any issue with your ISP.

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

I Myself had to cancel with true 8 months ago,and was told if contract cancelled before the due date they would require the return of the modem and all fees to be paid until contract expires,however once contract completed then no return of modem or monies to be paid except for the monthly sum if cancelled after the payment period on the bill '

The latter i did,not because of low speed but i did have the same issue with speed, the modems were exhausting at a rate of every 6 months.

Cancel more and switch to TOT, so we can share True online with less people, good for us biggrin.png

Seriously, you haven't given much information regarding your 12mbit connection. Is it cable (Docsis) ?

Do you live in Farang populated area? Cable internet is not good idea in condo in a farang area as connection is shared not dedicated.

I was told verbally by 3BB staff it is between 100-200GB a month, depending on your plan. That's a lot unless you DL allot of torrents..

if you want to vent your frustration...

Go to Trues speed test page and do a test - then take a screen shot of the poor test

http://speedtest.trueinternet.co.th

Then create a nice polite email with your account number and a brief statement that you are experiencing slow service (see attached screen shot of you own speed test)...

Email it to them their own speed test a couple times a day for a few weeks

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/contact_us/cm?ln=en

[email protected]

post-23568-0-54566700-1406561782_thumb.p

Edited by sfokevin

if you want to vent your frustration...

Go to Trues speed test page and do a test - then take a screen shot of the poor test

Then create a nice polite email with your account number and a brief statement that you are experiencing slow service (see attached screen shot of you own speed test)...

Email it to them their own speed test a couple times a day for a few weeks

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/contact_us/cm?ln=en

743ms ping <deleted>??

Thats almost impossible within Thailand. You entered a usa proxy or what?

Pay as fast as you get the juice. I stopped paying and they called me and I said that the service does not correspond to the service. The blocked the signal, collected the box and sent me three reminders until they gave up. Do it as the Thais .......

One of the best things I ever did in Thailand was to cancel TOT, their speeds were pathetic, How I got out of my 12 month contract was I called them daily, insisted on them coming out to repair, after a month of them coming out I was informed that the 12 mb I was promised was not available in my street this giving me a "get out" option. I then moved over to 3 BBB bought an unlimited 12 mth plan and paid 5400thb for a year upfront, in the 4 months I have had it they have been out once and that was due to rain effecting their equipment, one phone call and within 2 hrs problems fixed. The plan I have is unlimited and I download torrents daily my use averages around 200 gig per month and speed is constant..EXCELLENT service

Edited by supaprik

Their promised speeds ONLY apply within Thailand, i.e. if you do a speed test, they'll do it from Bangkok to Bangkok which is quick and will show nearly the speed you are actually paying for. The reality is however that 99.99% of your internet usage will be from overseas and they do NOT guarantee anything.

For us, 3BB, True, ToT, CAT etc are ALL terrible in the area we are in currently, we've tried them all, all the same, same problems, same terrible service, same bullshit tech support that achieves nothing . . . so time for us to move :)

Well the contract will last for 6 more month.

So my guess is, since there is a minimum 1 year duration and they provide the box etc, I might need to pull some clause.

After having TOT for a number of years I switched to some new service of theirs in a fruitless attempt to get better service. The new service (termed a "promotion" of course) meant signing a new contract for one year, but I seem to recall there being a "termination due to poor performance clause." A contract is, after all, a two-way agreement. Anyway I went in and told them I was terminating because of continued poor service. The lady I dealt with didn't take it well, but they did terminate without any fuss. I seem to recall having paid for the modem, so never returned that.

" I'm on the darkside,"

I assume that means you're in Pattaya. I have 3BB in Pattaya and find their service, both in terms of my connection and in terms of them coming out to quickly solve any problems to be great (at least relatively speaking).

The quality of connections seems to be highly variable dependent on your location. Even in my building some people think TOT is great, while I found it horrible and others are not impressed by 3BB, although I find it pretty good.

Probably best not to jump from one service provider to another too quickly. It might result in an improvement, but it's equally likely to make things even worse.

Edited by Suradit69

There's something wrong with your connection. This is what I get consistently by FTP from a True ADSL 13/1.5 connection in BKK (I guess they've upgraded it to 15/1.5 and haven't told me).

h5lO7mT.png

This is direct to my dedi in France, so it's not a local connection.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is your sign...living in a condo...signal may be split among several rooms...common practice in condos...I had True in a rented house and received outstanding speed...usually in the 20 -30 mps range...lived in a condo and stayed continually frustrated at the low speed...

Two weeks ago I had true come and install where I live. As he installed I was checking connection and the PC got about 10mbs. My ipad got .64mbs download. I insisted this was unacceptable. He explained i could go the building people downstairs and they could adjust the through bandwidth of something. I asked him to follow me downstairs to do this. Okay. I only signed for the router. When we went downstairs, and i went into the lobby, he got on his bike and left. The building people explained they can do nothing at all. they had no idea what he was talking about. I asked them to immediately disconnect the line to the room. Overall use of the router that day, and only time, was about 5-10 minutes.

We called True immediately and explained. They said there would be a 2,000 baht disconnect fee. I told them I would not pay it. They said I must. I then asked them to please mail me a copy of my signed contract and the bill for the disconnect. The man said he could not. Of course, I pointed out- "there is no contract." I had only signed for the box and in signing it did not implicate a contract. After a few days of this on the phone they told me to drop the box off at true. We did drop the box off at true and a similar exchange began. I know its not acceptable to raise the voice in Thailand but sometimes it is the last resort- and it worked. They simply would not provide any proof that I owed money for a service they could/did not provide. It seemed like strong-arm to me. In conclusion, the issue apparently continues. They said there would be a first bill generated and we were to return with the first bill and they would strike it off. I am skeptical. It has been a very frustrating experience. At no point would they even tell me when, if, how a contract was to be made committing to service.

Apparently all I got is some technical paper from the cable guy, no real contract.
It does not seem to specify any speeds, except that at installation all speed tests were successful.
Yes it is "Docsis". Big complex with relatively well off Thais living here, as well as some falang.

True is the only option (they got a deal with them apparently. Asked 3BB back then, but they could not get around it).

This gave me 22mb, but right now it is fast, so should check again later

Overall I donot want to get into troubles with them as I donot want to get problems when re-entering Thailand or something like that, due to owing them what is basically "pocket-money" ( I know).