New bicycles.

malt25

G'day all.

I read in a post some weeks back about a mum & dad bike shop somewhere close to the old city I think. It got lots of good comments & a few bad. Apparently the service is very good.

I've had a quick look back through old threads but unfortunately can't find. Probably passed over it a couple of times.

Can anyone give me the name or address of the shop please.

Thanks all in advance.

Cheers..... Mal.

Be careful if you go cheap and buy from Song (big yellow LA Bikes sign), north east corner of moat. They sell some really poor quality bikes that need checking before purchase. Brakes and gears may not work properly and pedals may snap off easily too.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Be careful if you go cheap and buy from Song (big yellow LA Bikes sign), north east corner of moat. They sell some really poor quality bikes that need checking before purchase. Brakes and gears may not work properly and pedals may snap off easily too.

Rubbish.

• Like 2

I called in LA bikes today just to see what the negativity was.

Well impressed with their stock level. And never seen a bike being sold for 150k, spectacular, didn't touch it as it was a 2k bt fine!

A few good bargains for sure.

I called in LA bikes today just to see what the negativity was.

Well impressed with their stock level. And never seen a bike being sold for 150k, spectacular, didn't touch it as it was a 2k bt fine!

A few good bargains for sure.

They have been around for ages and are a very nice and honorable family. All bikes are checked very carefully before a customer leaves their shop. And if something went wrong as one troll suggested, they would immediately send someone to pick up the bike and rectify the problem. But the chance of a pedal breaking off or brakes not working, etc. are close to nil. Just another troll trying to tarnish the reputation of a fine business.

If for some reason someone wants a LA Bike and doesn't want to shop at the store on the moat, as I did as I didn't like their customer service, there is another one on the road from the moat going towards Airport Plaza who were much more friendly to me. I would not really recommend the brand but also I don't know what the other choices are in the same price range.

Hey eyecatcher what kind of ride were they selling for 150K? Funny as a bike that cost that much should be able to handle being handled, this is the kind of attitude, a police state like customer service policy, which I disliked there, fining customers?? why not just keep it out of reach. All the better quality bike shops sell bikes in this price range and can some can easily go for double as much.

Tesco's and the big supermarkets sell bikes at 999 baht. The pedals do fall off the pedal axle. The wheels bend , brakes aren't much good, chain will break etc. very low quality. LA bicycle are always better quality than the supermarket cheap bikes but you can come across these low quality bikes in thai bike shops around town also. They are a waste of money.

• Like 1

Agreed I bought a 900 bht bike for a kid and it falls apart almost as fast as I put it back together. I bought 2 LA bikes for around 3000 bht ea. for my kids and they have adult handlebar gear changers which are to difficult to move for a child. Also the bikes are so heavy that a little kid, whom is correctly sized for the frame, legs will tire (the expected pun for my post) after just a short ride.

• Like 1

Just to clarify as some idiots seem to think i have an agenda/trolling... Song sold me a bike where gears wouldn't all work properly (easy fix for them) but they certainly didn't check the bike before selling it to me. One of the brakes was useless too. The pads wouldn't even touch the wheels even after trying to fix it for a while. They quickly admitted the bike was rubbish and didn't even offer me a different version of same model. I had to choose a different bike. I made sure to test that one thoroughly and they had to make adjustments to the gears and brakes as they weren't working properly. The guy doing the repairs wasn't pleasant, i felt like i was imposing, sales staff never apologized for messing me around either.

Anyway the bike was a cheap deal, but the chain came off regularly and both pedals broke within a month. Song will help but they need some cajoling, they let me struggle with a peddle by myself for 10 minutes after lending me a spanner. I had a broken rib and was pouring with sweat, they didn't care until i forcefully said they promised me 3 months free servicing. If you need repairs there is an amazing bike shop in the center of the moat but i won't mention name in case the idiots think i have an agenda to promote it.

Just to clarify as some idiots seem to think i have an agenda/trolling... Song sold me a bike where gears wouldn't all work properly (easy fix for them) but they certainly didn't check the bike before selling it to me. One of the brakes was useless too. The pads wouldn't even touch the wheels even after trying to fix it for a while. They quickly admitted the bike was rubbish and didn't even offer me a different version of same model. I had to choose a different bike. I made sure to test that one thoroughly and they had to make adjustments to the gears and brakes as they weren't working properly. The guy doing the repairs wasn't pleasant, i felt like i was imposing, sales staff never apologized for messing me around either.

Anyway the bike was a cheap deal, but the chain came off regularly and both pedals broke within a month. Song will help but they need some cajoling, they let me struggle with a peddle by myself for 10 minutes after lending me a spanner. I had a broken rib and was pouring with sweat, they didn't care until i forcefully said they promised me 3 months free servicing. If you need repairs there is an amazing bike shop in the center of the moat but i won't mention name in case the idiots think i have an agenda to promote it.

What did you pay for it and which bike?

If for some reason someone wants a LA Bike and doesn't want to shop at the store on the moat, as I did as I didn't like their customer service, there is another one on the road from the moat going towards Airport Plaza who were much more friendly to me. I would not really recommend the brand but also I don't know what the other choices are in the same price range.

Hey eyecatcher what kind of ride were they selling for 150K? Funny as a bike that cost that much should be able to handle being handled, this is the kind of attitude, a police state like customer service policy, which I disliked there, fining customers?? why not just keep it out of reach. All the better quality bike shops sell bikes in this price range and can some can easily go for double as much.

This is what you get for 150k

post-150623-14063636076637_thumb.jpg

I thought it was cannondale but its a look, never heard of it.

The photo against the back wheel appeared to me to be of miguel insurance not sure though.

They certainly didn't want anyone fondling their ride.

• Like 1

Went to LA and bought a good euro hybrid for 9000, been riding it hard everyday for the last 2 months for 2 hours a day at least

Only thing i had to get replaced were the shitty stock plastic pedals, also had a link in the chain go stiff but they sorted that out for free

Just have to ask in the center of the moat.

do you swim to them or do they send you a boat?