Russian newspaper prints front-page apology for MH17 disaster in Dutch

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main thrusts of the Pepe Escobar article in the Asia Times article I previously referred to is "who profits?"
What could the separatists hope to gain from shooting down an airliner? Nothing, or less than nothing - the loss of support from sympathisers.
How about Russia? Nothing, again. As we have seen over the last few weeks, and as they could easily have anticipated, they are damned despite whatever conciliatory moves they make.
Kiev, again, had nothing to gain. So common sense says that it was most probably an accident.
But what about the hype? The drum banging. The unsubstantiated accusations and calls to up the ante?
I wonder how much has been spent on the war, so far?
"The blood-thirsty machine that is the US industrial-military complex makes billions at all three phases of the war industry process: the manufacture of ever more lethal and complex weapon systems, the destruction stage, and then finally the occupation and rebuilding phase "
Another excellent article here from Pepe Escobar

He works for Russia Today. Hardly a credible media source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_Escobar

• Like 1

I read this thread, the same with all the others about flight MH17 and I'm getting sick of some stuff people write. It looks like a lot off people are forgetting that there are human remains out there!

They have to come HOME. After that, some of you can play your keyboard game.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One of the main thrusts of the Pepe Escobar article in the Asia Times article I previously referred to is "who profits?"

What could the separatists hope to gain from shooting down an airliner? Nothing, or less than nothing - the loss of support from sympathisers.

How about Russia? Nothing, again. As we have seen over the last few weeks, and as they could easily have anticipated, they are damned despite whatever conciliatory moves they make.

Kiev, again, had nothing to gain. So common sense says that it was most probably an accident.

But what about the hype? The drum banging. The unsubstantiated accusations and calls to up the ante?

I wonder how much has been spent on the war, so far?

"The blood-thirsty machine that is the US industrial-military complex makes billions at all three phases of the war industry process: the manufacture of ever more lethal and complex weapon systems, the destruction stage, and then finally the occupation and rebuilding phase "

Another excellent article here from Pepe Escobar

http://atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/CEN-01-230714.html

He works for Russia Today. Hardly a credible media source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_Escobar

The who profits article is simply intellectual dishonesty and misdirection that does not take in account that this was either an accidental shooting without confirmation or am act done by an individual with an angry terrorist mentality that cares little about public or political perception. Sad that some cannot logically think through this type of argument.

US also cannot afford another conflict and conflicts are devastating to our present economy, but this is another basic concept that some cannot logically and analytically think through.

• Like 1

Russian Times is not a credible media source. I can post all sorts of BS published by the Ukraine media, but I don't trust it either. So credible media sources only, please. Here's an example of what's being reported to the Russian citizens:

Well, it's now been confirmed by the Russian media:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/20/world/europe/ukraine-rebels-weapons/

The Russian website Vosti ran an article the same day titled "Skies of Donetsk will be defended by surface-to-air missile system Buk."

The article claimed: "The anti-air defense point is one of the divisions of the missile corps and is equipped with motorized "Buk" anti-aircraft missile systems."

And yet you choose to resort to the Russian media when it serves your purpose. Or the fact that CNN reported the news makes it more credible? Some integrity, man.

this thread has become a russian news vs the world news. I'll take my chance in believing the world news, russia has a proven track record of putting their own investigators and journalist to bed when they don't like whats being reported or written.

This would be an obvious casus vulgaris when “A lie repeated a hundred times by a hundred countries becomes the truth”.

Edited by Proofreader
  • Like 1

Final warning for posting articles/videos not representing the facts. There are lots of websites out there that cater to conspiracy theories and information like this. Ours is not one of them. If you have a question about this or want to discuss this further, please do so by PM.

Again, show some respect.

If the US had any credible evidence either that separatists or Russians fired the missile they would have presented it. It's the usual smoke and mirrors from them, although that doesn't prevent them from accusing Putin. Putin called for a ceasefire weeks ago, supported by a number of European nations, but Ukraine and America said "No".

In order to get a balanced view you have to look at a number of sources…. try this...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/CEN-01-190714.html

Internet rubbish. Well armed but Incompetent forces shot down a civilian airliner by mistake in a conflict zone. Not rhe first time, not the last. No logical reason that Ukraine, Putin, or Separatistas would take such action. Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 2