Apartment rental prices in Koh Samui

Hi, 

I plan to go to Koh Samui in September and I wondered for what price I can expect to rent an apartment monthly.

I have stayed before in Bangkok, in an apartment for 8.800 Baht near Onnut.

In Pattaya, I had a much better apartment for 7.000 Baht, with a double sized bed, fridge, air-conditioning, ... in the area of Soi Buakhao.

Is it possible to find such a good deal in Koh Samui as well, around the same price? Where to look for?

Thank you for any tips!

as pattaya has more available condo units then people to stay in them, you get alot more for your money there

If you are after an apartment, best to go chewang , prices start from around 10,000, you can get more luxury western fitted apartments with pool for around 12-15 K

You can always pick up a bargain bungalow / Thai house in lamai for under 10 K

Orchid Residence offers basic studio apartment with aircon for 6000bt/month. It's 300m to Chaweng Beach.

I presume you will be charged extra for your usage of water and electricity.

So with aircon on every night for say 8 hours, the total may be around 10 000 bt. Edited by Mole

Thanks. According to my last experience, condo owners require 6 or 1 year contract, might be different in ko samui. In Pattaya I was in an apartment, could pay monthly, go whenever I want, only 7k baht for all I need. The thing is that those deals seem not to be accessible on the internet for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...