Help Please

erg

Hi boys and girls who have connections in Bangkok

I have a pregnant wife who is an Akha hiltribe, therefour she needs permision to travel outside the province of Chiang Rai.

I am Duch so i came to Bangkok last week to register my unborn child at the duch embassy, therefour i must legelise my paperwork at the ministry of foreign affairs.

But because she didnt have permision to travel to Bangkok they wouldnt legalize my papers and so my embassy was not able to help me on registration.

what i am asking one of you , is there someone who wants to invite us to Bangkok.Maybe someone of you has connections there.

What we need is a tapian baan (bangkok resident house book)(copy), copy id card, and another paper wich i will send to you.

Please pm me for more details.

I hope someone can help me on this, cause otherwise i cant register my child on my name.

thanks erg chiang rai

I don't understand how you would be able to register an 'unborn' child with any authority. As far as I know, that's not allowed with any embassy-authority. First, the child needs to be born at a hospital--Chiang Rai, Bangkok, whatever, it doesn't matter. And no matter if the mom was Akha or Amish, or the dad was Dutch or Danish, the hospital has the obligation to file a birth report-certifcate with the local registrar which will clearly state that you are the father. Legalization for a birth certifcate for use with your embassy is simply a matter of translation from Thai to your native language (Dutch I presume in this case) and then a simple stamp from MFA (800 baht same day, 400 baht 2 business days)

So if it's simply a matter of registering your future child with your embassy, and your future son-daughter to gain nationality-citizen rights, then this is all that is necesarry, unless Holland has some bizarre rules that require you to register fetuses / embroyos ? ? ?

unless Holland has some bizarre rules that require you to register fetuses / embroyos ? ? ?

This is indeed the case! :o

However I am not aware that it is a requirement for the pregnant lady to travel distances just for the legalization of your paperwork. :D Get somebody to phone a higher ranking official at MFA (see MFA website) to explain the situation, as they bare pretty dumb sometimes. :D

Sorry erg don't live in Bangkok. Good Luck!

unless Holland has some bizarre rules that require you to register fetuses / embroyos ? ? ?

I guess I was wrong to assume that all (western) countries would use the same logic and reasoning that the American constitution-bill of rights uses regarding citizenship-nationality. I guess, it does make some sense to register-report an unborn child to prove intent, etc. but in the offchance of a miscarriage or other complications would put it all to waiste.

So if a dutchman found out he was the father after the fact, or simply didn't know he had to register the unborn child, the child would not have any rights to Dutch citizenship ? ? ?

I guess I was wrong to assume that all (western) countries would use the same logic and reasoning that the American constitution-bill of rights uses regarding citizenship-nationality. I guess, it does make some sense to register-report an unborn child to prove intent, etc. but in the offchance of a miscarriage or other complications would put it all to waiste.

So if a dutchman found out he was the father after the fact, or simply didn't know he had to register the unborn child, the child would not have any rights to Dutch citizenship ? ? ?

Apparently, from my Law Papers, he then has to show he has cared for the child for 3 years before the child is 18.

I found it rather strange. Why do you need a Bangkok house registration for? If she is a hill tribe who isn’t even allowed to travel outside a territory, chances are she’s not even Thai. And if she’s Thai, she should have her own H.R. in Chiengrai. You can simply put your name on her H.R., it doesn’t have to be H.R. in Bangkok. And as someone already mentioned, it’s the hospital’s responsibility to issue to you a birth registration. As a matter of fact you don’t even have to have your name on the H.R. to register your new born baby with your embassy.

Yes guys it is a complicated story, i am working this problem (travelpermission) for the last 4 years.

But no worries, my embassy just told me this morning that i can go to any translation office in Thailand, and tell them to SEND the papers to MFA were they be legalised, and send back.

After that i can illigally travel to my embassy were they register the unborn child.

Thanks guys.

Ps Thaiaust not all hilltribes have yet Thai ID cards alltough tey are born in Thai, but this is a different story. thank you dragon man this is indeed what i am to do. :o

Hi Erg,

glad you managed to work it out. I have been through a similar, yet less complicated procedure as my then girlfriend (now my wife) is Thai.

To all, the procedure to register an "unborn child" is required should you want your child to get Dutch citizenship automatically. Registering your child after "it" (sounds terrible, I know) is born and make your child eligible for Dutch citizenship is a real (and unnecesary) pain in the a***. You can get a dutch passport right after your kid is born, no probs.

The procedure is straight forward, get the required docs, translated and legalised, and yes, your wife needs to be physically present at the Dutch embassy as the document is being read out, agrees that she understands the contents, and then sign the "birth certificate".

Tip, but you might know that, across the road of Dutch Embassy about 100 mtrs to the right is "Diethelm towers", on the bottom floor in the back on the right is a translation office that has handled all my paperwork (for our kid, our marriage after she was born, visa etc.) for us, and the will take care of legalisation etc.as well. Never had any problems, a fair price and it saves you a lot of hassle and travel to FA. And conveniently located near the embassy.

Good luck

• 1 month later...