Please tell me it's NOT only me?.. (scooter taxis)

Adeeos

OK,,, So, I, as many I think,, have been/ARE thrilled about the, "JUNTA'S" recent, "crackdowns" on various things,,,, MY post, concerns the standardization, of scooter taxi pricing,,, So here's my rant/complaint.... I've lived in the, "Phra Khanong" area for about 3 years.... I nearly NIGHTLY frequent the pool halls along Sukhumvit,,, pretty much between Suk Soi 5,,, and Suk Soi 21,,., Going home, I MANY times, use a scooter taxi... If the weather's nice,, I just really enjoy them,,,, It's ALWAYS,,, ALWAYS $100 baht,,, from anywhere in those Soi's,, to my place in Phra Khanong... Of course recently,,, they've posted, "standard" pricing for fares,,, OK,,, but 1... most all the standard fare posters $$$, have been taped over,, and the, "adjusted" $$$ added,,,, The last few weeks,,, I'm getting quoted $120-$150 baht, for the SAME TRIP.. that weeks ago, was a dead $100!... At 1st,, I figured,,, "OK,,, single scooter guy,,, NOT wanting to go,, etc, etc",,, But I'm NOW.. getting CONSISTANTLY quoted,,, $120-$150 for the SAME TRIP... that weeks ago, was ALWAYS,, ALWAYS $100!!!!,,, Tonight, I argued with them,,, "I LIVE HERE,,, IS ALWAYS $100",,, and attempted to take a pic of the, "official" signage/pricing" (taped over, altered pricing),,, and was accosted by several of the drivers,,, "NOOO,,, NO PICS!",,,, SOOO,,, was the, "normal" fare,,, $80,,, and they adjusted it to $100,,, and maybe NOW.. the official fare is actually $100,, and they're adjusting it $20-$50 baht higher, to $120-$150?????

I'm having communication issues of my own.

Struggling to understand the original poster- tare you saying the official fare was 80 baht but they'd charge you 100, and now that the official fare is 100 they are charging you 120 or so.

Which would just means prices have gone up across the board.

Not sure what the point is.

Arguing with motorbike taxi drivers over a 20 baht fare, I don't get it. As for nearly getting into a ruck with them over 20 baht, I'm guessing you are losing all sense of proportion. How about one of the 8 baht buses they travel down your neck of the woods in the early hours.

Why are you putting the dollar sign $$$$$. In front of the baht. the baht is not A dollar. So when communicating in baht don't

Put the dollar sign in. As far as it going from 100 to 125 baht,it's inflation.Things always go up.Either deal with it or leave.

I used to hop on a baht bus for very cheap.

In earlier times I would go to some of those places in that area...

sit with a gal in a bar for ten minutes and pay 150 for her drink. (she does nothing)

ride a trike home for ten minutes and pay 150 for the trike (maneuvers through traffic and saves you a long walk)

Stay home and save 300.

Pool Halls Eh? Is that what they are called now?

Well ya,, that's what you call places that have 7-10 full sized pool tables,, and great players,,, Not a bar with a few small, coin type tables,, and bar finable "hostess's",,,

Maybe offer them Baht and not $$$? $100 is about 3000 Baht.

So you are complaining about 20 Baht. Go home you cheap charlie.

If the OP was really offering them $100, he shouldn't be at all surprised if next time they ask him for $120 or $150!