Single day tooth implant.

bananafarang

My son needs an tooth implant but cost is very high in USA. It would be much cheaper in Thailand but problem is time. I did some research and found One day implant or Immediate Implant where implant is done within a week. Usually two visits. There is hospital in Bangkok who does this but can't find anything in Chiang Mai. Anyone know of any place in Chiang Mai?

I suggest you try Elite outside Panthip Plaza - we have both had very good experience there- but not yet with implant. I have had root canal etec etc

They are very professional and will advise you of your safe options.

GF has just had some gum reconstruction there with an oral surgeon who also teaches dentistry here. Back for stitches out this week. Not pleasant but we feel we are in very good hands there

Good luck

Yes it can be limited due to bone density and sinus issues but believe in most cases it is an option. But not sure how much cheaper it will be here as still costs a lost due to the actual cost of implant and in general dentistry is not that cheap in Thailand at international standards facilities.

Yes it can be limited due to bone density and sinus issues but believe in most cases it is an option. But not sure how much cheaper it will be here as still costs a lost due to the actual cost of implant and in general dentistry is not that cheap in Thailand at international standards facilities.

I think the cost of a tooth implant at Elite is around 45,000 THB

A lot cheaper than UK average

COST SUMMARY FOR PARTS IN UK:

1. Implant placement (single) is £1000 – £1500

2. Abutment: £350 – £600

3. Crown: from £450 – £1000

Edited by uptheos

45k and upwards is there posted price and do not believe many would be less. Not sure what US prices are but other services were quite reasonable at store clinics when I last used them. Google says as low as 30,000 baht in US but average about 70,000.

45k and upwards is there posted price and do not believe many would be less. Not sure what US prices are but other services were quite reasonable at store clinics when I last used them. Google says as low as 30,000 baht in US but average about 70,000.

I don't know how representative this site is of the USA in general, but with possible add-on's an implant looks pretty expensive in the states.

http://www.dentalimplantcostguide.com/

It's not as safe to do it in one day. I think they like to wait 3 months.

Believe you are thinking about healing period after extraction but even that is not anywhere near that amount of time anymore unless bone regrowth is required.

I had a friend's brother in the US tell me he got some implants there and the price he paid seemed comparable with the prices here in Thailand. The only drawback was he got his done there at a dentistry school... If I recall I think it was somewhere in Michigan.

It just concerns me about the possibility of having inexperienced (or little experienced) students doing the work.... Kind of like going to a cosmetology school for a haircut....

It's not as safe to do it in one day. I think they like to wait 3 months.

Believe you are thinking about healing period after extraction but even that is not anywhere near that amount of time anymore unless bone regrowth is required.

I'm seeing Dr Min late this week at Elite, I'll ask her a few questions.

Anything anyone else wants asking?

you'll have problems in the future if you do a single day implant. Any ethical dentist will tell you they need to put in a temporary first so that the gum can heal. They wan the gum to heal first so that when the permanent goes in, it will fit the gum line.

I had a friend's brother in the US tell me he got some implants there and the price he paid seemed comparable with the prices here in Thailand.

The reason is that the implants are imported and they are the biggest cost. You are paying Western prices ++ as that is where they come from.

My son is 33.

I found a hospital in Bangkok. http://www.bangkokdentalimplant.com/dental-implant-cases.htm

Just got an email response. They seem to treat many foreigners on medical vacation. According to them, it takes two 10 day visit spanning about 2 month.

I will look into it more deeply. Meanwhile, thanks to all who provided some useful info.