Most Thais blame LINE, Facebook for wrong usage of Thai language

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they worry? As mentioned already, in every line/facebook/sms message around the world slang and shortcuts are used, that´s kinda normal!

And why do people love to take the shortcuts? Because it´s a pain in the ass to type everything correctly and in full lenght with this damn smartphone.....it has nothing to do with the people becoming more stupid or lazy, it´s just more convenient.

And especially the Thais have one more reason to use slang and "wrong" Thai. Even the Thai people know and admit theirself that their language is complicated and annoying sometimes, specially when you use a keyboard. It´s not half as convenient and fast as english. I remember such headlines from Germany too, came up every year on slow news days coffee1.gif

Line,whatsapp , Facebook and others, are the sum of most Thai people life centers around now days,

the hell with real knowledge, real learning, world's events, Nope, it's all about gossip,

frivolous, mindless information exchange, I feel sorry for this generation's dependency on these

gadgets for every aspect of their life...

What makes me wonder: why nobody starts a campaign to diss these shit things like Facebook etc. I could imagine, that a movement to show, how un-cool this virtual world versus the real world is could gather momentum around the world. People are wasting time of their life in order to make the Suckerbugs et al richer than ever...

If Devo couldn't do it, I doubt it can be done

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL327BA5A7F8815C0A&v=K0VKOCAZ6Sc

Just about every language constantly evolves and it inevitable that a complex language such as Thai will be dumbed down to cope with lightweight social media applications.

It's not complex at all-most older languages are very simple, hard to pronounce for some yes, but not complex