Machine workshop/machine engineering shop in Thailand?

Does anyone here have any experience of running machine workshop/ machine engineering shop in Thailand?

I have been living in Thailand for 11+ years but i have my business in China. Im a machine, tool and appliance designer and builds all my creations in China together with my Chinese team. And the reason is that i tried to do the same in Thailand 10 years ago but it did not work out for many reasons, some mentioned below. But maybe time has change. I love living in Thailand and I'm so feed-up with all this traveling so I’m therefor reconsidering to bring home the business to Thailand again.

The reason why i moved my business to China 10 years ago was:

• Impossible to find any qualifying Thai engineers and technicians regardless salary level (40-120K/m).
  • Extremely hard to find standard parts without "mai mee, 8-12weeks delivery time". No one seems to holds anything in stock.
  • Extremely expensive parts, SMC pneumatic Thailand once quote us 78,000 baht and 12 weeks delivery time for a vacuum ejector that normally cost 1200 baht. In China it sells for 160 RMB (800 baht) and next day delivery. 10 years ago i ended up to order most from eBay and other online shops abroad.
  • Machines, tools and equipments cost a fortune here but could maybe sorted out with a BOI approval and import them our self or buy someone else shop.

Appreciating your ideas and experience around this business sector in Thailand.

Edited by TramsRepus

I think you have answered your own question very well. Stick to China my friend. Just come he to relax. Working here is a nightmare. wink.png

Another reason is that one of my customers is located in Thailand and they have asked me to move my business location nearer their factory for future projects and support.

• 6 months later...