Two more resorts in Chiang Rai seized

webfact

I don't think I would like to be one of the people that have built on government land (in Mae Rim around here) all the while planning some day to receive a owner's book or land title.....like a homesteader.....

Looks like those days are gone.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

I don't think I would like to be one of the people that have built on government land (in Mae Rim around here) all the while planning some day to receive a owner's book or land title.....like a homesteader.....

Like i said back during the protests in Bangkok, the Military did a good job during the years i was stationed thruout Thailand.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Good to see....hope it continues with force in all the areas....phuket, khao yai and all over the place.

We have had a lot of helicopter activity out our way over last couple of months...we live on the boundary of a NP.

• Like 2

Yeah, it sure does and right it is.

Edited by Rimbuman

Great news but why is the government so slow in giving land deeds to the areas that do not have any? I do not understand why this is still not resolved in Thailand.

They are doing it. While cracking down on illegal logging on government land in some areas of the Province I live in (Sukhothai), they are also finally issuing deeds on government land granted to locals decades ago.

The OP mentions only one resort. That is the other resort?

My house, that i have lived in for over 15 years is supposedly on Forestry land, as well as half my village. A few years ago, they started surveying, and issueng first time chanotes. They quit when they got to my property line, but said "coming soon", that was 3 years ago. My property was cleared of jungle 10 years before i bought it, and crops planted on it. My understanding of thai law, which is limited, is if you clear forestry land, plant crops,etc., and the forestry dept doesn't kick you off in a certain amount of time--it's yours??--like homesteading?

Great news but why is the government so slow in giving land deeds to the areas that do not have any? I do not understand why this is still not resolved in Thailand.

It's because the land is for the use of local people.

Once chanotes are issued outsiders come in and buy up everything, pushing the land prices way beyond the reach of the villagers.

IMHO, the issuing of chanotes anywhere outside large towns is wrong, and destructive to the local community.

In CR it's not only resorts that are the problem, many foreigners have been illegally buying and building homes on land intended solely for the use of local people, people who were born in the area. Let's see if the Junta really can be of some use to the local Thai community.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

The OP mentions only one resort. That is the other resort?

My house, that i have lived in for over 15 years is supposedly on Forestry land, as well as half my village. A few years ago, they started surveying, and issueng first time chanotes. They quit when they got to my property line, but said "coming soon", that was 3 years ago. My property was cleared of jungle 10 years before i bought it, and crops planted on it. My understanding of thai law, which is limited, is if you clear forestry land, plant crops,etc., and the forestry dept doesn't kick you off in a certain amount of time--it's yours??--like homesteading?

Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better....