Overstay rules start 25 aug

Link removed to news source not on approved list. I will not issue a warning this time even though poster was aware it was a breach of rules. If link to unapproved news sources is posted again poster will be suspended.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum

Link removed to news source not on approved list. I will not issue a warning this time even though poster was aware it was a breach of rules. If link to unapproved news sources is posted again poster will be suspended.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum

Actually I was not aware of your rule for Bangkok Post. The main reason to post the link, was for not breach the copyright rules. Which you normally do if copy the text instead if linking.

• Like 2

Actually I was not aware of your rule for Bangkok Post. The main reason to post the link, was for not breach the copyright rules. Which you normally do if copy the text instead if linking.

It's not 'our' rule check out Rule 26 here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules Bangkok Post are doing the forbidding sad.png

From what I have taken from all the posts about this when the new laws regarding blacklisting those who overstay by over 90 days is accepted it will then take a further 90 days for it to reach the statute books and finally become law ? Or have I missed something ?

So has it already been accepted ?

It is not a law, but a regulation.

It will become into force when it is approved.

Unknown is if they will give a amnesty period. Probably not, as it has been announced well in advance that the rules will be tightened and you should clear any overstay now.

From what I have taken from all the posts about this when the new laws regarding blacklisting those who overstay by over 90 days is accepted it will then take a further 90 days for it to reach the statute books and finally become law ? Or have I missed something ?

So has it already been accepted ?

I know you have another thread about your "diving friend" that have overstayed for more than a year. And he will leave in september. He must be crazy if he wait another 5-6 weeks before he leave. If the article is right and it start the 25th. Then he will be blacklisted for many years. Why would anyone take that risk ?

• Like 1

There is NO date yet for the new over stay regulations to start

This regulation is still pending approval from the powers that be

If and when it is approved it will then take 2 - 3 months for this rule to come into effect

There is NO date yet for the new over stay regulations to start

This regulation is still pending approval from the powers that be

If and when it is approved it will then take 2 - 3 months for this rule to come into effect

So Bangkok post and the commander of immigration told us a lie? Or they where just joking? And the real date will be in Oktober - November? The junta and general is in power. If they like they can start it next week. Edited by larsjohnsson

It's not 'our' rule check out Rule 26 here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules Bangkok Post are doing the forbidding sad.png

In the case of the BP thats true.. In the other.. whistling.gif

I had an overstay and flew out today, after paying the fine the immigration guy handed me a piece of paper with the new 'rules' on it and asked if I knew about this. I immediately asked if this has started already, to which he laughed and said "no, not yet, you are lucky man". So I asked him when the rules would come into effect (because I have friends also on overstay), he told me six days... Then the woman next to him said "no, no, it starts on Friday", before they began arguing in Thai with one another... So I didn't get a clear answer, but I think it is definitely going to happen VERY SOON.

I would suggest getting out this week (before Friday) if you have an overstay.

BTW, this is from a poster who doesn't give a monkeys about the bickering idiots on this forum and has nothing to gain by lying. You can choose whether to believe me or not, I'm just reporting what I was told. Only reason I'm posting is because, unlike some people on here, I'm sure that most overstayers aren't actually scum, and this is going to cause serious problems for people if they don't get it fixed asap!

You have to read very carefully OP. The word "expected" means it is not a sure thing yet.

'nuff said

~

That's why I wrote according to BP. And included the link.

And nothing in life is sure...

Edited by larsjohnsson

Sorry for OT, but it's kind of strange that Bangkok Post sometimes quote from ThaiVisa.com