Thai Women Holding Hands

jackspade

I frequently see women of apparently similar age holding hands.  I assume that some of these women are lebians/bi couples, but might it merely an aspect of Thai culture that women occasionally hold hands platonically?

Of course, whenever I see two guys holding hands, I simply assume they're gay, no question about it.  I could be wrong about this though, too.

I think that straight boys in Thialand used to hold hands, but Western influence stopped it. They used to do it in the Philippines when I last visited about 20 years ago.

Boys and young men still hold hands in India, it's quite common.

• Like 1

When you see a Falung holding a Thai boy's hand he's Gay. Although the Thai boy may not necessarily be Gay just being Gay for the money.

That was never obvious to me at all.  Not ever.  Not a single bit.  Totally not obvious.

• Like 1

When you see a Falung holding a Thai boy's hand he's Gay. Although the Thai boy may not necessarily be Gay just being Gay for the money.

No one judges here.........

Thai girls have Thai boyfriends and "Gay" Thai boys have Thai girlfriends. Falungs just can't win.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Or unless the boy is his son, in which case he probably isn't gay...................wink.png

I made that mistake once many years ago, assuming too much.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Or unless the boy is his son, in which case he probably isn't gay...................wink.png

I made that mistake once many years ago, assuming too much.

Was his son gay?

With any travel to France, Italy, Spain, South America, you will see same sex couples arm in arm, hand in hand.  It hasn't got anything to do with sex but with bonds of friendship on a level that many from homophobic, guilt and fear ridden cultures can never understand.

'nuff said

~

• Like 2

You could not be more wrong!

It is very common for two girls or two boys to hold hands in Thai culture.

It does not mean they are gay at all!

I've always thought it a little strange that boy can hold boys hands and girls can hold girls, but an adult hedrosexual couple should not hold hands or show affection in public ever!

I do not know where yo, but where you are from, but where I come from (USA) same sex holding hands usually means gay too.

But not here in Thailand.

Remember....This is Thailand with a different culture and a different set of rules![attachment=277241:images (1).jpg]

I was once with my brother in law on Silom, other brother was in the Christian Hospital, near Patpong. He grabbed my hand as he was upset and there we were walking past Patpong, hand in hand.

Normal Thai behaviour, especially close friends and family.

All I could think, is I hope no one gets the wrong idea!

Usually if they hook the wrists or palm hold loosely it's common and you see school classes do it.... If the fingers are interlocked and one is homelyish and flattish with short hair = different story....

No one judges here.........

Thai girls have Thai boyfriends and "Gay" Thai boys have Thai girlfriends. Falungs just can't win.

No one said it was going to be easyfacepalm.gif

Edited by samuibeachcomber
  • Like 1

Jackspade is just trolling.

60 posts - 19 OP's.

Please don't feed the Trolls ...  coffee1.gif

I OP, then 2 follow-up replies.

That's it.

Guys, we are better then this.

David48 is just in a bad mood.

Yeah guys, you are way better than answering an honest question about Thai culture.  David48, I humbly request that you remind us all what a troll is.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Lets assue if a duck sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck, then it must be a duck, so with, especially if two guys are sashing around holding hands, then they are, and always will be "GAY", end of story. Gay is gay

Sometimes there really is no hope when people move half way round the world and expect to be the same as the place they just left facepalm.gif

its just a carryover from "The sun never sets on the British empire"

If in doubt blame the Brits.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sometimes there really is no hope when people move half way round the world and expect to be the same as the place they just left facepalm.gif

if the shoe fits

if the shoe fits

The stiff upper lip is starting to quiver.