Thailand's NCPO to crack down on date-rape drugs

webfact

I didn't think GHB was the primary date-rape drug.  My understanding is that Rohypnol is the most commonly used one.  Ambien has also been used more recently.  I am pretty sure it is hard to get your hands on Rohypnol (aka: Rufies - sp?).  I know I can (and do) buy Ambien from time to time to sleep.  I am not sure of the legality of Ambien.  It's scary to know GHB can be made so easily.

You need a prescription for Ambien (Zolpidem).  You can get it at most private hospitals, but it is expense as hell.  Effective for sleep, but take too much and you may find yourself waking up on the outside ledge of your 15 story condo without as much of a clue how you got there.  It creates amnesia in many people. (speaking from experience). 

I didn't think GHB was the primary date-rape drug.  My understanding is that Rohypnol is the most commonly used one.  Ambien has also been used more recently.  I am pretty sure it is hard to get your hands on Rohypnol (aka: Rufies - sp?).  I know I can (and do) buy Ambien from time to time to sleep.  I am not sure of the legality of Ambien.  It's scary to know GHB can be made so easily.

Duplicate.

Edited by connda

aren't there some more important things to "crack down"?

Than date rape drugs?

Not many that I can think of to be honest. Some things are worse, but date rape drugs are fairly high on the list of things that need to be eradicated. 

then poppers are a piss poor place to start

Read the OP again. Twice. Talks about date rape drugs and stopping there production by eliminating a key component (apparently).

Are they incorrect in this assumption? Edited by Bluespunk

The only people I see being drugged are the Arabs by Ladyboys LOL last one was a 77 year old Muslim man who took 3 ladyboys back to his room and they drugged him with Xanax and the robbed him

Maybe the NCPO should ban Xanax too since it seems the people that do this have a choice of drugs

As for the 77 year old Muslim man all I have to say is ahhh Islam must be proud Alcohol drugs and 3 ladyboys a helluva party.

As for Islam, i guess it is better than the 77 virgin way!!!! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Duplicate.

forgot you had already posted?

aren't there some more important things to "crack down"?

Than date rape drugs?

Not many that I can think of to be honest. Some things are worse, but date rape drugs are fairly high on the list of things that need to be eradicated. 

then poppers are a piss poor place to start

Read the OP again. Twice. Talks about date rape drugs and stopping there production by eliminating a key component (apparently).

Are they incorrect in this assumption?

Ah, however it also says that alkyl nitrate is a base substance of "the drug" but neglects to mention what "the drug".

to my admittedly limited knowledge, the drug they are referring to is poppers, again an unlikely date rape, though apparently unlikely one given the myriad other choices available.

More crackdowns. I am all for protecting women and children. I am also for protecting the innocent in the Southern provinces. But when will this crackdown-happy administration start to do something that would also save the innocent lives of those living in the South? When will something be done, beyond just moving the lips about and repeating the same babble over and over?

Well there goes tequila and jello-shots in Thailand.  That's the first line date-rape drug during college Spring Break in Cancun, Mexico.  But then again, after the fifth or sixth shot of tequila, I think the Mexican courts would consider all sex as consensual.  puut len

volatile alkyl nitrite, i.o.w. poppers, hardly a rape drug and legal in most countries. Very popular in the gay scene.

And given its effects last about 3 to 5 minutes you would need to be a pretty skilled rapist.

This is more akin to what you'd take for angina or a heart attack.  Blood vessel dilatation and increased of blood to the heart and brain.  Unless the victim passes out from low blood pressure, yeah I agree, you would need to be a pretty skilled rapist.

Personally I think popper are right up there with sniffing glue.