Courses in establishing a company in Thai.

JulinTbg

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a course in establishing a company/business for my Thai spouse. Anyone have an idea where to look or what to look for?

Getting to know the leagal system, papers, taxes. A quick course, not a year(s) long school education.

I have good experience in this from my home country, and have read some books on how to do it here in Thailand. But I want my spouse to get more info on the subject before we go ahead with it.

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

The Thai government have lots of small business courses to help nationals get active in the workforce.

The Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Industry have these courses among others.

If your wife is interested in doing a course, she should do a google search in Thai and see all the government programs that are available.

• Like 2

Julin, trust me you don't need a course to know how to start a business. Most rules and regulations are quite simple and clear. I started my business by just following the guidance provided by the relevent ministries. Took me about 3 months from approving the company name to registration. I now in my 7 years of business. Not sure your wife is Thai citizen. If she is, then you have less problem in fulfilling the foreign 49%/local 51% requirement. However important you get a good lawyer to do all the registration processing. Good luck.
  • Like 1

Thanks Eric.

We're going ahead with the business anyway. But I want to be as prepared as I can, and thought she could take a course or such, for avoiding unnecessary hiccups and start trouble..

The rules seems quite "clear" to me, but giving her a course would give her(me) a sense of involvement in all of the aspects of this.

She is a Thai citizen and the 49/51% seems to be the option we are going for, or maybe all in her name. And like you said, I to, think it's very important to find a good lawyer, who can show us the ropes and the do's and don'ts in all this.

It's not a big investment, but that doesn't mean that I don't want it to work for years to come.

Thanks for taking the time, Eric.

Have a great day!

I am in the same situation, American with 20+ years of corporate experience, Thai wife and I'd like to establish a Thai company.  Can you drop the name of a good Bangkok law firm for companies?  Also, can your provide an idea as to the legal cost of establishing a Thai company?  For example, in America, to establish a simple C Corp I will pay as low as 15,000 THB.  

I am in the same situation, American with 20+ years of corporate experience, Thai wife and I'd like to establish a Thai company.  Can you drop the name of a good Bangkok law firm for companies?  Also, can your provide an idea as to the legal cost of establishing a Thai company?  For example, in America, to establish a simple C Corp I will pay as low as 15,000 THB.  

I can connect you with a trustworthy lawyer. Please send me PM.

Sunbelt Asia can help you , I didnt go through them myself when starting up as we are primarily based in Phuket .

However a number of friends in Bangkok that own buisinesses did and they were all pretty happy with the service.

From recall if your including yourself with WP figure around 80k to 100k.

If not and just the company formation circa 30k would be about right for the cost of set up

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by N47HAN