Who's this elite card for?

Point 3, you need to report every 90 days you stay incountry.. Any trip out resets the counter.

The rest of it is correct (as per my understanding) and you dont need a re entry permit.. you get a new 1 year entry each time with only reporting requirements.

Well, if the elite card visa has a 90-day reporting requirement, then there seems to be no advantage over the retirement visa.

Except perhaps: With retirement visa do you have to get a re-entry permit when leaving Thailand? After one year of a retirement visa, do you have to start fresh and re-apply or is it easier?

Hopefully I'm still on-topic here. I'm trying to compare the pros-&-cons of elite card visa vs. retirement visa. BTW, I couldn't care less about the elite's pampering, discounted golf, spas, etc. I do like the golf cart from plane side to fast-track immigration, but I ain't willing to pay $15K for it ... even though I can afford it.

Edited by HerbalEd

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 3, you need to report every 90 days you stay incountry.. Any trip out resets the counter.

The rest of it is correct (as per my understanding) and you dont need a re entry permit.. you get a new 1 year entry each time with only reporting requirements.

Well, if the elite card visa has a 90-day reporting requirement, then there seems to be no advantage over the retirement visa.

Except perhaps: With retirement visa do you have to get a re-entry permit when leaving Thailand? After one year of a retirement visa, do you have to start fresh and re-apply or is it easier?

Hopefully I'm still on-topic here. I'm trying to compare the pros-&-cons of elite card visa vs. retirement visa. BTW, I couldn't care less about the elite's pampering, discounted golf, spas, etc. I do like the golf cart from plane side to fast-track immigration, but I ain't willing to pay $15K for it ... even though I can easily it.

You're right, I don't see much in the way of advantages when it's compared to the retirement visa, when I'm old enough to get the retirement visa I'll switch to that as it's much cheaper, all I want is the easy visa.

The express immigration service and limo transfers can be purchased separately if you want them.

This visa has clearly been designed as the 'missing visa' for people aged under 50 who don't qualify for a retirement visa based on their age but who still want to stay in Thailand for any amount of time they want without needing to work.

With multi-entry retirement visa(O, or O/A) you do not need a re-entry permit to come and go.

With single-entry retirement visa O, you need a re-entry permit.

With extensions of stay for retirement, you need a re-entry permit.

In all cases, before your "allowed until" date, you can get another extension of stay.

Or you can leave and get a visa outside the country.

I have been reading these posts today with interest and amusement. Please dont fall for the OPs bait. For me the card will repay itself 3 times over the 5 year lifetime. I no longer deal with imigration. It suits me and for the privilage of staying in such a wonderful country with such beautiful people its a bargain. Im under 50 BTW. You can buy residency in the UK for a cool million GBP ask any russian or arab living in London. But why when you can live in such a wonderful as Thailand for a fration and have the joy of warm weather and even warmer people. Why would a country like Thailand even cancel it when there economy is so reliant on tourism? The elite card has been around for 10 years and not one has been cancelled. If this 5 year one works out like I expect Ill get the 20 year one. For all the disrespectful comments about Thailand than I ask what are you even doing here. For the Elite sceptics I dont care. Im off to enjoy a glass of merlot in my 7 million bht house. BTW my house in UK cost 6 times this and was a whole. If you have the cash I reccomend it. If not then Im sorry but it suits me and thats all. As for the OP. Man id would like to be you. Go find some love and joy in your life cause me thinks Thailands not for you. I hear Singapore is nice this time or year. Hey the UK having a few days of sunshine as well before the floods hit. LOL

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Im off to enjoy a glass of merlot in my 7 million bht house" - which sits on land that you don't own. biggrin.png

The Elite Card could be pulled whenever they want, of course, after they have taken everyone's money.

Can you 100% guarantee they will never cancel the scheme, especially when many foreign criminals are buying them? No, I didn't think so.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

I have been reading these posts today with interest and amusement. Please dont fall for the OPs bait. For me the card will repay itself 3 times over the 5 year lifetime. I no longer deal with imigration. It suits me and for the privilage of staying in such a wonderful country with such beautiful people its a bargain. Im under 50 BTW. You can buy residency in the UK for a cool million GBP ask any russian or arab living in London. But why when you can live in such a wonderful as Thailand for a fration and have the joy of warm weather and even warmer people. Why would a country like Thailand even cancel it when there economy is so reliant on tourism? The elite card has been around for 10 years and not one has been cancelled. If this 5 year one works out like I expect Ill get the 20 year one. For all the disrespectful comments about Thailand than I ask what are you even doing here. For the Elite sceptics I dont care. Im off to enjoy a glass of merlot in my 7 million bht house. BTW my house in UK cost 6 times this and was a whole. If you have the cash I reccomend it. If not then Im sorry but it suits me and thats all. As for the OP. Man id would like to be you. Go find some love and joy in your life cause me thinks Thailands not for you. I hear Singapore is nice this time or year. Hey the UK having a few days of sunshine as well before the floods hit. LOL

"Im off to enjoy a glass of merlot in my 7 million bht house" - which sits on land that you don't own. biggrin.png

The Elite Card could be pulled whenever they want, of course, after they have taken everyone's money.

Can you 100% guarantee they will never cancel the scheme, especially when many foreign criminals are buying them? No, I didn't think so.

How many "foreign criminals are buying them"? You actually know that for a fact do you? Of course you don't and if you actually believe for a fact what you're saying then you're crazy.

Edited by HerbalEd

Who cares if they cancel the scheme. If you already have the visa you can still use it regardless of whether the scheme is still running or not.

This is exactly what happened when the Abhisit government shut it down prior to it being relaunched.

The good thing about the 5 year membership is you get what you pay for on day 1 - the visa, and it lasts for the full 5 years of your membership. There is no uncertainty.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

Who cares if they cancel the scheme. If you already have the visa you can still use it regardless of whether the scheme is still running or not.

This is exactly what happened when the Abhisit government shut it down prior to it being relaunched.

The good thing about the 5 year membership is you get what you pay for on day 1 - the visa, and it lasts for the full 5 years of your membership. There is no uncertainty.

"There is no uncertainty." - the most certain thing about Thailand is it's uncertainty. biggrin.png

• Like 1

How many "foreign criminals are buying them"? You actually know that for a fact do you? Of course you don't and if you actually believe for a fact what you're saying then you're crazy.

I know of two guys on Phuket, who are affiliated with a bikie group, who have bought the card.

Whilst my statement may be gerneralising somewhat, across the country, I have no doubt that other foreigners of questionable background are buying the card.

I wish they dropped the "Elite" thing out of it and just sold it for what it is, a long-term visa. It just sounds too snobby.

Agree,

It does have an unnecessary negative connotation, so would the tentative rename Privileged IMHO.

Something such as Express Access or to that effect would be more appropriate.

Edited by cobra

I know of two guys on Phuket, who are affiliated with a bikie group, who have bought the card.

Whilst my statement may be gerneralising somewhat, across the country, I have no doubt that other foreigners of questionable background are buying the card.

On no! Tell me, do either of these 'bikie group' guys have... tattoos?

Isn't generalizing so much fun?!

You can buy residency in the UK for a cool million GBP ask any russian or arab living in London.

Sent

You are not buying a residency or anything remotely close to it you doofus. God.... is this stuff for realz?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought it from the first post, but this post reveals you as a TROLL!! Get lost loser.

You are green with envy of anybody who is even one satang better off than you, and bitter at the world generally.

• Like 2

Im off to enjoy a glass of merlot in my 7 million bht house. BTW my house in UK cost 6 times this and was a whole.

Oh look....another bragging poster.

And another trolling post. If I was a moderator I'd be sending you on a holiday.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Who's this elite card for? To me, it seems rather obvious.

1. Those with more money than brain cells.

2. Those who like to show off.

There may be some practical use for the card, but after cursory review of the "benefits", I don't see any.

I got a chuckle out of this comment as just a month I was at a table full of German friends and one of them mentioned he intended to get an Elite Card and asked if any of the others had one. Out of the five two had one and were not aware of the other one also having an Elite Card, so clearly not for "showing off". No one considered it a bad deal. These are no high flyers, new Vigo four-door or Fortuner seemed the vehicle of choice (plus one classic Mercedes). Not one of them could be considered a dummy either. Most people with wealth understand it is not PC to flaunt it.

• Like 1

My comments on the Merlot and 7 million bht house where meant as a light hearted dig at the trolls on here. I can see the steam of envy coming from there ears. As for me there is not one extra raised heatbeat from me for there comments. Living in wonderfull Thailand does that to you. Ive met people like this many times. They can post on a forum but would never say it to your face. Me thinks they need a sense of humour and get some love in there life. Money doesnt and cant make you happy. But being here in Thailand changes you for the better. Now get saving for that Elite card. Well worth it. Ching Ching lol

I don't think so.

I was never blasting the Elite card.

I was blasting members like yourself who pretend to be internet rich by constantly bashing newbies who shouldn't be in Thailand because they don't have enough money..... ya know.... people like you who like to brag because you feel richer in Thailand then your own country.

But it seems like many of these hiso Thai Visa members can't scrape a partly 10mil baht for an investment visa.

I don't think so.

I was blasting members like yourself who pretend to be internet rich by constantly bashing newbies who shouldn't be in Thailand because they don't have enough money..... ya know.... people like you who like to brag because you feel richer in Thailand then your own country.

But it seems like many of these hiso Thai Visa members can't scrape a partly 10mil baht for an investment visa.

Then I guess those also with less money are also richer in Thailand than there own country. But your right I am richer in Thailand, spiritually. I chose the Elite Card because it suites me. Ive already invested 10 mill in Thailand. And thats all life is, a choice. A choice between love or fear. No ones bragging about anything but the OP posted something to get a reaction and he got it in spades. It contributed nothing to enlighten anyone about what the Card and Visa is just fullfil hes own need for attention which unfortunatley he got. Any contrustive posts about the scheme will help those to make an informed choice if its right for them. It wont be right for everyone. And correct me if im wrong but am sure ive read here that the Investment Visa no longer exsists. Anyway whatever you choose in life be happy.

I mentioned that if you have 500k to drop on a visa, you certainly must have 10 million to invest. With 10 million you can stay in Thailand "for free" and Thailand will even reward you - in my case more than a Canadian bank which pays half the interest of a Thai bank.

Again, who bought this 500k visa? Raise your hand

On what basis do you assume if one is willing to spend 500K on a visa they automatically have 10 million? Maybe they just want the piece of mind and think differently than you. OMG!

• Like 1

I don't think so.

OK, this pathetic mambo-jumbo confirms your loser status. And you are still yammering about the 10M. Never picked up a calculator, eh? (Assuming you know which way to hold it) Enough of your BS, gotta go to work now.

My comments on the Merlot and 7 million bht house where meant as a light hearted dig at the trolls on here. I can see the steam of envy coming from there ears. As for me there is not one extra raised heatbeat from me for there comments. Living in wonderfull Thailand does that to you. Ive met people like this many times. They can post on a forum but would never say it to your face. Me thinks they need a sense of humour and get some love in there life. Money doesnt and cant make you happy. But being here in Thailand changes you for the better. Now get saving for that Elite card. Well worth it. Ching Ching lol

Don't worry mate he'll never say it to your face on account he can't afford to eat or drink in the places you hang out anyway. he has to make do with the steps of the 7-11 outside his Studio at the end of the BTS line, seeing if he can catch a bit of free wifi from one of the neighbouring shitholes

• Like 2

Don't worry mate he'll never say it to your face on account he can't afford to eat or drink in the places you hang out anyway. he has to make do with the steps of the 7-11 outside his Studio at the end of the BTS line, seeing if he can catch a bit of free wifi from one of the neighbouring shitholes

Who's he?

I love you prose :)

You should join us on Facebook :)

I feel like more and more people join the program to become Thailand Elite members.

All the bitterness found on this forum, against people who bought the card - and the great services associated to it -, only makes the Thailand Elite program better known to those who can afford it but did not know this option was available.

We should be grateful to those who create these threads :)

Happy member since 10 years... I can only recommend it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

If I was not already covered visa wise I would most certainly buy the Elite Card - at least the 5 year one. Then use that until hit retirement age. $260/month for staying here without hassle would certainly be worth it for me.

A friend bought the original 1M Baht version, do not pay any monthly/annual dues (you do on the new 2M Baht 20 year elite version), and even still have the massages, golf Etc. privileges (some in reduced form though). He is on the 7th year. Damn I should have bought one too then! :)

To each their own though. :)

Cheers!

• Like 2

When I first looked at this, I thought it might be the perfect solution to all the visa hassles.

Looking at it more closely, it looks like the issuing company has liabilities (thousands of members entitled to spas, golfing outings, limousine service etc) and no assets. Therefore I assume it is using the payments of new members to fund its historic liabilities. If the supply of new members dries up, there is every possibility it will wind up due to insolvency again.

You can understand then why so many current members speak of it in glowing terms and encourage new members - who else is going to pay for the golf trips and massages?

If it does wind up again, the visa may well be honored . . but maybe begrudgingly . . I wonder if I'd find myself at the end of immigration line in three years, being quizzed by a hostile immigration officer trying to establish if I was one of the criminals who bought into the card while it was on special offer.

So thank you, but no thank you. I'll wait for a better offer.

• Like 1