New rule! Immigration now makes house calls?

ozsamurai

Put the extension in yesterday at Nakhon Pathom Immigration for Spouse Non-O, 6th year at it......all fine.  10 mins ago, we get a cal saying new rules (apart from the new overstay form I had to sign as well) they are on their way over within the hour, and will be interviewing neighbors as well.....  If only doctors were this diligent!  Its just getting better and better.  Wonder if they need refreshments or snacks as well, maybe a cheese platter?

Oz

• Like 1

Nothing new, they have done that over the years with many people, usually for visa extensions based on a Thai wife.

Thats why many choose "retirement" option (subject to eligibility) as its less hassle and nothing to do with the wife.Also less paperwork and verification for them. Edited by RolandRat
  • Like 2

If they have any doubts about the genuineness of your marriage (I, for instance, said 'nothing', which is the truth, when they asked me how much I give my wife a month)  they may well come and visit. They get bored sometimes. We were asked for a petrol money donation and cooked food.

Nothing new, they have done that over the years with many people, usually for visa extensions based on a Thai wife.

Thats why many choose "retirement" option (subject to eligibility) as its less hassle and nothing to do with the wife.Also less paperwork and verification for them.

Spot on Roland. Normal practice in most countries.

• Like 1

A dose of lactose might help some of themlaugh.png .  I did the form at the office yesterday... pretty bad copy of a copy of a poor copy, but just readable...

Oz

So why did they rock up with a printer today? Where do you live by the way... Bangkok?

Title is a bit misleading as there is nothing "new" about home visits.

They sometimes take pictures and print them for you to sign and they file away, usually pictures of you with them, or around the home etc.

Nothing to be alarmed or excited about. 

• Like 2

I am on my 2nd yr of Non-O. We had a visit after my first application and had to pay some tea money. I hope this does not mean they will be coming every year expecting tea money everytime, they can go and fornicate with themselves if they think they will get it.

They sometimes take pictures and print them for you to sign and they file away, usually pictures of you with them, or around the home etc.

Unless one is hiding in Issan,or even working without a work permit,and god forbid big overstay

I am on my 2nd yr of Non-O. We had a visit after my first application and had to pay some tea money. I hope this does not mean they will be coming every year expecting tea money everytime, they can go and fornicate with themselves if they think they will get it.

if everything was in order, why did you have to pay?

• Like 1

A dose of lactose might help some of themlaugh.png .  I did the form at the office yesterday... pretty bad copy of a copy of a poor copy, but just readable...

Oz

They love chocolate cake, I'm sure someone can bake up a really nice for them!

if everything was in order, why did you have to pay?

This sounds like a newbie's comment. Everybody else pays and you don't?. What happens then?

Nothing new is right.

4 of them came to my house all filming with their iPads taking live video of me and the wife and kids.

The boss interviewed a neighbor and took copies and details of his papers and he had to sign a statement.

They were simply verifying my marriage wasn't a pro forma one.

The OP should not have paid tea money. These guys are all scared of the army now. My inspectors got a free bottle of water and use of my toilet.

Edited by 96tehtarp

Ok, I think its been firmly established this is nothing new, its not a 'new rule' and is in fact quite standard immigration practice.

So, we'll draw a line under this topic and close it.

CLOSED.
  • Like 1