Maximum Notes Per ATM Transaction

All,

I know there is lots of information about amount of cash per day, ie, set up with the bank and you sit there and do one after another transactions until you get what you need. My question is, and I keep getting about 20,000baht per transaction, ( I got 30,000 from TMB once) is, does anyone know of a bank that allows, say 50,000 per pull? At 150 baht a pull, it adds up. Also my cards do not work by going inside and requesting a withdrawal from the counter, they are ATM only.  In Chiang Mai, Thanks

It boils down to your card maximum daily limit I thought. Most cards set around $1000, or perhaps 30,000 baht. Never seen 50kbaht taken out in one hit.

I usually get 20k to 25k out in one chunk. The 150 baht isn't that much really, and if your using a debit card run by Mastercard or Visa, and press the credit button on the ATM, there's no overseas withdrawal fees.thumbsup.gif

No. 30 notes is the maximum now.

Famous AEON has limited to 20 notes recently and introduced the 150 Baht fee too, although their ATMs are technically capable to dispense 100 notes (as experienced in the past).

So no more escape from this fee trap.

30 notes at Krungsri (Bank of Ayuthaya), the yellow one.

But beware of the DCC trap.

Never accept to be charged in your local country.

Baht only!

Edited by KhunBENQ

The downside of the Bank of Ayuthaya ATM's is that they charge 180 THB per pull versus other banks that only charge 150 THB.  

You are correct though that TMB used to dispense 30,000 THB per pull but reduced it to 25K a couple of months ago but left the charge at 150 THB

Have heard the UOB does allow a 30 K pull but have not verified it personally 

LM, that's news about TMB....

I have been regularly using them to pull 30K for the 150b fee... And the last 30K withdrawal I did with TMB was the beginning of July, no problem.  But, I haven't tried them again since then.

As for the OP's question, AFAIK, there are no Thai bank ATMs right now that will dispense more than 30K per withdrawal -- even if your home bank's card will allow withdrawals of $1000 or more.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I have been regularly using them to pull 30K for the 150b fee... And the last 30K withdrawal I did with TMB was the beginning of July, no problem.  But, I haven't tried them again since then.

As for the OP's question, AFAIK, there are no Thai bank ATMs right now that will dispense more than 30K per withdrawal -- even if your home bank's card will allow withdrawals of $1000 or more.

Hope you are right TallGuy, read about the reduction in TMB here at Thai visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742316-tmb-atms-now-only-give-you-25k-max/

Can any other members verify whether or not TMB has reduced their pull amount 

From what I've seen it ranges for 20K to 30K at Thai ATMs.  But for banks allowing 30K, I know Bank of Ayuthaya allows 30K with a Bt180 fee based on an actual withdrawal a couple weeks ago...and I put my card in a TMB ATM a few weeks ago and it showed a 30K limit although I didn't follow through with the withdrawal as I just want to see what the upper limit was since I heard it fee was only Bt150.

• Like 1

Bangkok Bank ATM's are 25K max, with an additional pull (and fee) of 20K to a daily 45K limit. I don't know if it's possible to arrange to have this increased. On the other hand, it does give you some protection and you can go into a branch counter if you need more.

Hope you are right TallGuy, read about the reduction in TMB here at Thai visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742316-tmb-atms-now-only-give-you-25k-max/

Can any other members verify whether or not TMB has reduced their pull amount 

That's my thread above and its based on my experience at the TMB branch in Pattaya Central. I did manage to puil 30K out of another TMB machine out on Second Road a week or so ago but I'm less than comfortable using a machine that is available to the public 24/7. For those who can still get 30K from a TMB ATM, more power to you, I wont touch either of my Thai accounts until after my next 90-day report so that means the CITI card still gets a workout.