Traffic Police Serious

StefanBBK

Just a little anecdote to share.
The wife was driving with her car and had to stop at a red light. There was a Taxi behind her wanting to make a legal u - turn. Taxi hunked the horn twice, signaling her to move forward a bit, so he could turn.
So she did. Taxi never turned, since he saw the police on the opposite side of the road.
Wife got pulled over for crossing the stop line. Tried to pay the police off, but they said cannot do anymore. We are both happy about it, as it shows things are moving in the right direction.
Will go and pay the correct fine at the local police station tomorrow...
And never again be intimidated by somebody hunting their horn.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 2

You seen the police doing their jobs? clap2.gif

Imagine how unhappy the 5-0 are they cant accept extra income to support their family.

I have not seen one check point or money grab since the army has got here. Why would they bother when they cant accept instant payments..cheesy.gif

I was not ticketed, but a similar thing happened to me on my bike. Pulled up to a red light, the curb to my left and a large truck to my right. A Thai moron behind me on a bike was beeping his horn and shouting Go!, Go!

The light turns and we proceed. I checked in my mirror and sure enough, Mr. Moron stops immediately after the intersection for som tom.

Gotta save a micro second every chance you get :)

• Like 1

I was not ticketed, but a similar thing happened to me on my bike. Pulled up to a red light, the curb to my left and a large truck to my right. A Thai moron behind me on a bike was beeping his horn and shouting Go!, Go!

The light turns and we proceed. I checked in my mirror and sure enough, Mr. Moron stops immediately after the intersection for som tom.

Gotta save a micro second every chance you get smile.png

It's in the genes, something very serious starts to go wrong with functioning if Thai's miss a meal or get hungry.

It's a phenomena that I have only noticed here. Most other people can bear a little hunger pang for a while. 

They can literally go from Jeckyll to Hyde in a heartbeat when this occurs.

Watch how crazy some of the MC drive in the evening with their kaaw mun gai plastic bag on the handlebar.

Nothing to do with the (old) new power.
Had a similar problem 5 years ago leaving Udon Thani's AEK hospital direction out of town.
Got pushed beyond the white marker line for the traffic light whilst red and got fined for "burning red". Rather ridiculous attitude from the cops.

Note I drive a Nissan Teana for 30 months now and have not been stopped by the cops since.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You are allowed to turn left at most red lights when they are red. Always have signs in Thai sometimes in English too.

No need to stop at most T-Junctions if you are in the left lane on the through traffic side.

I just wanted to add that I would prefer getting a ticket.

I just wish they would do their job. At a intersection there was an accident a couple of weeks ago. The offender said he didn't know the though traffic with the green light had the right of way when he made his left hand turn. But the trouble is that twice since then I have seen major infractions with the police sitting there at that intersection in their truck. The worst being a guy who took a right from sitting at the red light into the shoulder of the on coming lane and then cut across. Just couldn't believe they could just sit there and watch and not do anything.

Why would you break the traffic rules just cause someones beeping?
That's what the middle fingers for.

As I mentioned it was a Taxi driver.... here in Bangkok they are capable of some violent behavior. The wife did not react on the first beeping, only the repeat. I just guess she was more afraid of the Taxi, than the police which she did not see anyway.
To add, she crossed the stop line just a little and did not enter the intersection.

You are allowed to turn left at most red lights when they are red. Always have signs in Thai sometimes in English too.

No need to stop at most T-Junctions if you are in the left lane on the through traffic side.

WRONG

mANY NO LEFT TURN IN pATTAYA,IF LIGHTS ON RED.The sign is a red arrow,with a left bend on it, 400 baht fine.