Tour buses create fear, loathing in Pattaya

Rimmer

“Sometimes when I want to cross to the opposite side of Beach Road, I have be extra careful because these buses drive very fast or, sometimes, they disrespect traffic regulations, accelerating when a green light is turning to red light,” the writer said. “Many times, driver acts like he owns the road, forcing small vehicles to make way.”thumbsup.gif 

And it's even worse at night because it's more difficult to judge the speed of the vehicle coming when you can only see headlights coming towards you.

• Like 1

They're equally as bad on the bypass road, as many have complained about over the years. Not so many of late, but the aggressive driving is still a problem. I witnessed one bus driver (P.....s) intimidate a traffic police officer by edging right up to him and blaring his horn. Pity it wasn't the officer in Bangkok several years ago who pulled out his gun in frustration and shot the back of a bus.
  • Like 2

Add cement trucks to the list

At least cement trucks can be somewhat forgiven as if they are late they have to chisel out their load instead of pouring it. That -will- cause a little bit of a delay..

At least cement trucks can be somewhat forgiven as if they are late they have to chisel out their load instead of pouring it. That -will- cause a little bit of a delay..

Yes very important to keep in mind when one runs you down...

No need to complain............How else are they going to transport the hoardes of "quality tourists" around  tongue.png ??

Not sure what a "hoarde" is, but I thought all the quality tourists and residents were kept fully occupied posting on TV ... the hub of fear & loathing.

• Like 1

Another pointer for Thailand - quality resorts have the "sea front"  paved/pedestrianised...

I only visited pattaya once and yes the tour busses were going very fast - I actually thought they were late...

When people are on holiday, especially with kids, it's easy to stray into the road.

(Certain sections of that road don't have people access (Pavement/side walk))

• Like 1

What about taking photos of all agressive and posting on forum or facebook, is it illegal under stupid laws and rules?

This is a brilliant idea and one which I have also entertained.

Does anyone know if it is legal to do that here?

It is fine in other countries.

i started a thread 2 years ago,on the arrival of the tour buses,not one reply,i believe they are destroying the country,4 years ago pattaya had over 150 now they have over 600 in high season,they now use the small soi`s to avoid traffic and i have seen them lined up on soi 4 after a alcrataz show from beach rd to second rd ( that i might add has the international hospital) complete disredard for anyone or anything,its A-B for these drivers who now use the new lane on beach rd as a``fast lane`` flashing thier lights to have slower traffic pull over...hurry they have to get thier korean passengers to the buffet so they eat as much shrimp as humanley possible..,it is a complete and totall disaster what they have created,as they belch out smoke and heat and scream around town as if they are on sumkumvit rd.,thyey have no place in a city,i say ``warehouse them in a lot outside of town and shuttle the passengers to the holets...its a f*$ing shame how they have destroyed any sence of beach life in any resort they are used..if i could change one thing it would be ``rid the city`s of tour busses

• Like 1

What about taking photos of all agressive and posting on forum or facebook, is it illegal under stupid laws and rules?

This is a brilliant idea and one which I have also entertained.

Does anyone know if it is legal to do that here?

It is fine in other countries.

but other countries don't have ridiculous defamation laws like here.

• Like 2

I can write endless stories I personally encountered about these bus driving maniacs, even took videos and sent them to the operating companies...of course, no replies!!!

Somebody has to do something about this immediately before a(nother) disaster happens......

Nothing will ever be done to control these bus drivers, never, not a chance.  I was on a bus which was speeding on a narrow two lane road when the driver's side mirror struck a pedestrian in the back of the head and sent him rolling. I could not see what happened to the unfortunate man but the driver did not even slow down

These things are a menace.  Floating Market area used to be horrible.  But with less tourists now, it's better!

If the trucks drum keeps turning the load will not set .I thought you would have known that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Go to soi Umea (next to big c extra on pattaya klaang rd) pegas bus company have their hq there. It's unbelievable what these big busses have done/doing to the roads and traffic in the area.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE Edited by boike

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely.......

these damned things making U-Turns, along with the huge tourist coaches are a problem for traffic and a serious danger to other road users.

One caused me to brake hard as he U-Turned at a major junction on Pattaya Nua only a few days ago, which caused a 6 lane blockage as he had to reverse back. Time to consider a HGV and tour coach ban at peak hours in Pattaya.... but that means each coach will be replaced by 10+ maniac driven white/silver minibuses!