Middle East conflict: Need for credible mediator

Lite Beer

I don't think that Israel would accept any of the countries you listed.

You have no idea what they would or would not do. But please provide a specific and detailed explanation of why you think they wouldn't. Just rejecting other's suggestions does not cut it. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Israel would accept any of the countries you listed.

You have no idea what they would or would not do. But please provide a specific and detailed explanation of why you think they wouldn't. Just rejecting other's suggestions does not cut it. whistling.gif

No, of course I don't know what they would or would not do.  That's why I posted, "I don't think...".  You know what those individual words mean, don't you?  You do know what those words mean when they are strung together in a sentence, don't you?  If you answered "yes" to both of those questions,  I'm not really sure why you find this confusing. 

Secondly, I posed the initial question based on the premise of the OP and boomerangutang responded with a list of countries yet didn't included a single reason or piece of information to support his list.  I have already given multiple specific examples of why I think the countries on his list would be unacceptable to Israel.  I then gave him the opportunity to explain to me (and the others reading this thread) specifically why he thinks those countries would be acceptable to Israel.  Again, I'm not sure why you find this confusing.   Is it because you know that Israel wouldn't accept any of these countries as mediators?

Edited by up-country_sinclair

The country is thriving and they just got rid of numerous terrorist tunnels and loads of rockets and weapons. The Senate and the House just passed further funding for Iron Dome. The Arab countries are turning their backs on Hamas and Egypt is going to make it very difficult for them to resupply. Actually, Israel is doing just fine. smile.png

Sorry to disagree.

Israel has just assured herself another war. 

And the price of victories gets higher with every year.

They should have finished Hamas instead of destroying a few tunnels.

With Hamas still in power no negotiations are possible.  Any piece of paper they will produce you can use you know how.

The title of this thread is: 

Can anyone provide a list of five nations and/or international organizations that Israel would accept as credible mediators?

I await the deafening silence.  coffee1.gif

Current negotiations are handled by Egypt, and that seems acceptable (to varying degrees) for all sides.

Personally, I'm not sure that a mediator is any better than direct talks, or that there should be only one country

moderating. Other issues would be with which party negotiations are actually taking place (right now Israel and

Hamas deal indirectly through Egyptian and PA representatives), and what is the scope of negotiations (talks

about an arrangement pertaining to the Gaza Strip is one thing, a wholesale deal inclusive of all issues is another).

Which countries would you see as realistic candidates to mediate between the two sides? (and, well, which sides

are we actually talking about?).

The title of this thread is: 

Can anyone provide a list of five nations and/or international organizations that Israel would accept as credible mediators? I await the deafening silence.

Even one would be promising

Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Denmark, Iceland, Singapore, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Finland, Canada, ....shall I go on?

Should you go on?  I'd suggest you quickly start over.

But OK, perhaps you could explain why you think Israel would accept these countries as mediators because quite frankly, I couldn't get past the first few without literally laughing out loud.........
I don't think that Israel would accept any of the countries you listed.  But please provide a specific and detailed explanation of why you think they would.    Just naming countries isn't going to cut it.

Ok, sure, I'll spend a hundred hours putting together a scholarly white paper for you to read and ponder. Not.

" I couldn't get past the first few without literally laughing out loud........."

...glad I could provide laughing material for you. Seriously though, the six decades of non-stop troubles (interspersed with war) in the the middle east are not (for me) comic material.