Ko Samui And Ko Pha Ngan? Advice Needed Please..

blandab

First time to Thailand, coming with a group of lads late December/early January, looking to attend a full moon party.

Can somebody please tell me the date on which it is on, confirm that it is on Ko Pha Ngan and suggest some accomodation on the island for that time?

Further we are thinking of a few days on Ko Samui leading up to it, is this a good idea. Alternatively we have been told that maybe the days leading up to the party on Ko Pha Ngan are good times as everybody starts to arrive for the full moon party? Is this maybe a better alternative to Ko Samui?

Finally does anyone have any other suggestions for full moon party like fun in Thailand?

All replies greatly appreciated.

The full moon party is indeed on Koh Phangan. The party is on either the 13th or 14th of every month, usually the 14th. Since you're going on the high season you might want to book a hotel early. The party itself is down at Had Rin Beach so i prefer to stay at a hotel/bungee in Had Rin. (plus the beach and the people there are pretty)Last visit i stayed at a resort pretty far away from the action but it got fully booked anyway and we had an amazing time.

Have a few nights at Samui and take the boat to Phangan some 3-4 days before the party to get a feel for the place.

you dont have to stay on koh pan ngan for the full moon book hotel on samui for the days you want to stay including the full moon night and travel from samui to koh pan ngan by speed boat, pick you up at hotel and drop you off all inclusive of the price, not expensive forget now how much. :o

This is no "right" answer for you. Some people prefer Phangan while other prefer Samui. Here some factors you're probably should consider before planning your visit in the Samui Archipelago's islands:

1. Samui offers better variety of activities. accomodation and night life then Phangan do.

2. Phangan is less touristy, less crowded and more "old school". It's cheaper than Samui as well, and the beaches are better.

3. FMP is a great experience, but you should khow that close to the FMP the southeast side of the island is full of travelers, so consider booking in advance or choosing remote beach (getting around the island during the FMP night is easy).

Have a nice time!FMP - further information

you dont have to stay on koh pan ngan for the full moon book hotel on samui for the days you want to stay including the full moon night and travel from samui to koh pan ngan by speed boat, pick you up at hotel and drop you off all inclusive of the price, not expensive forget now how much. :o

I wouldn't, even tho those boats are now checked by the police before departure they are still full of drunks upon return. Also, if you miss your boat that you are ticketed for you must buy a ticket with another one.

Dec/Jan is the peak time of year to be on Koh Phangan for the party. You must book at least a month in advance if you want anything near the party on Hadrin Beach.

There are several sites devoted to the full moon party, try google.

Listen to SBK... she knows man!! she knows.....

Seriously if you want to do the whole full moon thing, get there a few days before and enjoy the warm up, but do stay on Phangan, you would have to be stupid to risk one of the nightime speed boats between Samui and Haad Rin.

I would recommend staying a little away from Haad rin itself unless you really like the hustle and bustle 24/7 as full moon comes and goes. The absolute best place to stay is somewhere called "Blue Lily" or something...( ha ha ha! ) it has a great location, great mexican, english and thai food, and a truly great hostess...!!!

She knows who she is.... but soooo modest...

Have a good time!!! and if you stay at there say hi to Tigger and Sheba and the gang!!!

You'll know what I mean later

:o

The full moon party is indeed on Koh Phangan. The party is on either the 13th or 14th of every month, usually the 14th. Since you're going on the high season you might want to book a hotel early. The party itself is down at Had Rin Beach so i prefer to stay at a hotel/bungee in Had Rin. (plus the beach and the people there are pretty)Last visit i stayed at a resort pretty far away from the action but it got fully booked anyway and we had an amazing time.

Have a few nights at Samui and take the boat to Phangan some 3-4 days before the party to get a feel for the place.

Note ... the info on the dates given above is incorrect ... the lunar cycle is NOT 30-31 (like the gregorian calendar) days so the dates change ....

Plenty of places online to give you the dates .... BUT beware ... the dates DO change due to Holidays ... (Particularly Buddhist holidays and Royal Holidays where alcohol is banned ... they can be a day before or a day after)

High season it is a must to get there DAYS before if you want a cheap bungalow near Had Riin ...

There are also 3 Big parties during year end usually ... Xmas ... NYE ... and the Full Moon ....