220 Volt to 120 volt convertor , where find

Mahdrek

hi I need a convertor from north American voltage hair trimmers to work at Thailand voltage

I will be at Bangkok airport area and also Canadian embasy

also any idea on price, as not sure if cheaper to just buy new hair trimmers lol

thank you :)

you have a mains-powered, or a mains-charging-battery  type?

A converter would overshadow, outweigh the 'portable' trimmer, wouldn't it?

Are you certain the trimmer isn't multi-voltage? If you are lucky enough that it is, then all you'd need is a replacement cord

Edited by tifino

thank you

its a plug in type , no battery

120 V 60 or 80 hz < lol eyes are getting bad   and 7 watts

def not able to run on thai voltage like my electronic stuff, tried for a second and just made lots of noise

Edited by Mahdrek

thank you

its a plug in type , no battery

120 V 60 or 80 hz < lol eyes are getting bad   and 7 watts

def not able to run on thai voltage like my electronic stuff, tried for a second and just made lots of noise

Me thinks you had be better buying a new one, if you plugged a 110V appliance into 220V most likely you have fried it...

Power Zone. But for a hair trimmer, I buy a local one. The price for a transformer will far exceed the price you will pay.

I wanted to buy an electric blanket from Europe because of the 220 volts. It was much cheaper to buy the American version and get a transformer here. Saved about $75 USD.

• Like 1

Just buy new clippers; they aren't that expensive.  Why have more junk to haul around.

The problem with converters is that they convert voltage, but not frequency.  The US runs on 60Hz and Thailand on 50Hz.  Running some motors designed for 60Hz on 50Hz will damage them.  I don't think hair clippers have a motor.  I think they use some sort of electromagnetic device to vibrate.  If so, a pair of clippers designed for 60Hz will vibrate 17% slower at 50Hz.  Might not cut so well.

Electric blankets and non-motorized heating devices are not affected by the frequency.