Just to check...

My folks will arrive at the end of September for a 30 day holiday. Do they need a visa from the UK before they arrive? I think they do but haven't been keeping up with the changes fully.

Also if they do need the tourist visa, how long before the holiday are they allowed to go and get the visa?

Thanks all

:D:D

I thought the visa on arrival rule was being scrapped in August??

I may have got this wrong - but I thought that from August you will not be able to re-enter for another 30 days after your initial 30 day stay by doing an out/in 'Visa Run'?

If you parents have been out of Thailand for a while and they are just making one trip of 30 days max they should be OK?

• Like 1

I may have got this wrong - but I thought that from August you will not be able to re-enter for another 30 days after your initial 30 day stay by doing an out/in 'Visa Run'?

If you parents have been out of Thailand for a while and they are just making one trip of 30 days max they should be OK?
More likely I have got it wrong.
As I said I haven't been keeping up to date with things.

Cheers

Can anyone clarify the VEE changes coming on the 12th? I've only been able to find reports about visas, not exemptions. We (USAers) are working in VN right now, we last visited LOS for two weeks in February on a VEE. My passport has since been renewed but my GF has a few months worth of 2 week border run stamps in the passport from 2013 when we lived in Chiang Mai, which even thouh it is old probably doesn't look good. We just don't want to get turned around at the airport, as we were planning on arriving on the 18th. Thanks!

Jambco98, with a flight ticket out of Thailand with 29 days from arrival, your folks will have no problem whatsoever travelling without a visa. If they plan to stay longer than that, they should apply for a single-entry tourist visa. This is valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from its date of issue, which means they can apply already now, if they wish. Myself, I usually apply about one month before the scheduled flight date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

Jambco98, with a flight ticket out of Thailand with 29 days from arrival, your folks will have no problem whatsoever travelling without a visa. If they plan to stay longer than that, they should apply for a single-entry tourist visa. This is valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from its date of issue, which means they can apply already now, if they wish. Myself, I usually apply about one month before the scheduled flight date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the info

:D:D

You're confusing Visa on Arrival with Visa Exempt Entry. Different beasts.

Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau has announced that of August 29. 2014 you will be able to extend your visa exemption period whilst you're in Thailand by 30 days, instead of the current 7 days, giving a total visa-exemption stay of 60 days.  The fee for extension of stay is 1,900 Baht (unchanged).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/