Using my 2nd entry after new rules in Aug

One key will be is that prior to this visa how many double entry visa or visa exempt entries with out/in entries do you have in your passport.  If it looks like you are using the system to "live" here then you could have a problem, visa or no visa.  It also depends on you using a "friendly" border crossing at the time.

One key will be is that prior to this visa how many double entry visa or visa exempt entries with out/in entries do you have in your passport.  If it looks like you are using the system to "live" here then you could have a problem, visa or no visa.  It also depends on you using a "friendly" border crossing at the time.

Well... let's calculate this... for 2 years starting Aug 2010 when I entered with a 2TV from Los Angeles Embassy, I did a bunch of border runs and one more 2TV from Savanahkhet. Then in Dec 2012 I went to Philippines for 13 months.

Came back to Thailand Jan 14 this year and I got the 30-days on arrival, did 5 border runs for 30 days each, then on Jul 6 of this year I got a 2TV from Vientiane.

My visa company (is it okk to name names here?) says in Jan when this 2TV completely runs out, I should have no problem getting another 2TV as long as I show my income is from overseas (no problem) and I have a rental agreement for a room here in Thailand (have.) Lies and dang lies?

Stats: 43yo USA on SSDI

Now wife has similar situation... she entered first time to Thailand on Jan 14 with me this year. Then she did 6 border runs for 15 days each. Then got the 2TV in Vientiane (they said she would need income proof, letter from me, and lease, but they they just handed them back to her without reading.) Again, my visa company says she can get another 2TV in Oct when her 2nd entry expires after extension. Lies and dang lies? 

Some folks reporting the red stamp or written entry that given number of TV already, they need to show proof of external income and rental agreement. What the embassies do, I seldom find the border patrol to be in sync. So will it matter? Yeah, we may just go to school.

Don't know who to believe any more, and just waiting to find out isn't too safe an option smile.png

Thx!

Edited by SailingHome

As was announced by immigration, and posted on this forum on July 20, 2014:

"If you are traveling on visa-exempt or with a tourist visa, bring these documents for your extension:

1. Your onward flight ticket or eTicket out of Thailand within the 30 days

2. Minimum 10,000 Baht, or rather 20,000 Baht

3. Hotel booking confirmation - and if you have it, your itinerary

4. One photo, passport sized.

5. Application fee, 1,900 Baht"

Excuse the hackneyed statement, but best to be safe than sorry. BTW, don't ask me what the "or rather" means ...

Edited by tookwan cottage

IMHO from review of you passport history, it sure looks like both of you are doing what immigration is trying to put an end to whether you are working here or not.  You both have current histories of back to back out/in border runs.  Nothing illegal about doing it in the past but with the current crackdown you could have a problem!  It's just a crap shoot on a giant we-gee board at this time.  Maybe by the 1st of October there will be more definitive information available.

Since neither of you are Thai citizens, not working here (legally) and are not old enough to retire you don't have a lot of options, the only one being ED visas for both of you if your plan falls flat

"If you are traveling on visa-exempt or with a tourist visa, bring these documents for your extension:

Excuse the hackneyed statement, but best to be safe than sorry. BTW, don't ask me what the "or rather" means ...

There have been recent reports of people getting 30 day extensions for tourist visas and needing nothing more than their passport and copies and of course the fee.

• Like 2

There have been recent reports of people getting 30 day extensions for tourist visas and needing nothing more than their passport and copies and of course the fee.

There are also reports the contrary.  One of my close friends was grilled extensively by immigration at Patong when just trying to do an extension on a valid TV.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn
  • Like 1

I am presuming that this practice, in line with what has been the case prior to the "crackdown", will apply in the majority of cases; but, given the cost, time and effort to get to Chaengwattana (depending upon who and where you are in BKK, of course), I would find it very frustrating to be caught out, for whatever reason.

This is the documents required for a a 30 day extension in the immigration bureau order.

2.4 In the case of tourispurposes:

Each permission shall be granted

for no more than 30 days

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicants passport