1st smart phone- data plan explanations/suggestions?

kikenyoy

In the past I've used a cheap Nokia phone and bought 12call cards at 7-11 to top it up. I just bought my first smart phone and I'm overwhelmed with all the choices. Can I get prepaid data cards at 7-11 or is it better/cheaper to sign up for a plan? Some say AIS is good some say get DTAC instead. I'll be using it almost entirely in Pattaya and Bangkok. Is one better than the other?

If I get a monthly plan, then how big would I need? My rough guess is I'll spend an hour or less per week on the phone and maybe 10 hours per week on the internet with occasional heavy usage when I'm away from home for a few days. I think I'd prefer a prepaid option if it's as easy as going to 7-11 24 hours/day to fill it up in minutes so I can keep track of my usage. With monthly plans it's really expensive if you go over, right?

Thanks to anyone who will take the time to answer. :)

If you want cheap internet for social networking on phone, AIS has weekly unlimited 384 kbit for 69 baht + VAT

It should work fine for you. Make sure your AIS plan is not freedom 3g or anything comes with some 30-50mb/week 3g package for 19 baht (automatic). They tend to suck down your money without you know it.

If you want cheap internet for social networking on phone, AIS has weekly unlimited 384 kbit for 69 baht + VAT
It should work fine for you. Make sure your AIS plan is not freedom 3g or anything comes with some 30-50mb/week 3g package for 19 baht (automatic). They tend to suck down your money without you know it.

That's actually a pretty good deal .. 384 KB is ok if using apps like TV.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have seen AIS store advertising 100 minutes talk and 750GB data for 219 baht a month...

I have True H prepay plan 199 a month for 1gb data... and calls are 1B/minute 

750 GB are you sure???

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app