My book comes a littlebit closer to reality

Considering that one can put any sort of half-assed writing on Smashwords or even Amazon for free as an e-book, why in the world would anyone contribute toward this 38,000 Euro "project"? Am I mis-understanding this story? Here in Chiang Mai it is possible to go to any number of good print shops with your book done up as a PDF file, and they will crank you out all the copies you are willing to pay for, in a high quality paperback,  for a very reasonable price per copy. Then you can go around to all of the farang bookshops and drop off copies to sell on spec, if the shop will accept them, for free.

Nothing against the OP. I hate writing negative stuff about anyone in these forums, Live and let Live. OP sounds like a good man, and his marriage a true love match. But who would buy that, as  a book? Every day on TVF, and on StickmanBangkok.com, (see esp. Readers Submissions) one can read well written accounts of various farang (mis)adventures in life and love here in LOS. It's been DONE, Man, and done well, for free. John Burdette, Stephen Leather, and many others (Donald Battles!) have covered all aspects of "the scene" here, ad infinitum. Your contribution is welcome. But if you score a big pile of Euros from well wishers, please  let us know. It will certainly renew my faith in the essential goodness of mankind.

• Like 1