Waterpark

Hobgoblin

Hi,

Im curious to know if there is a public waterpark in Phuket (akin to Pattaya Park on Jomtien Beach). I will be travelling to Phuket for a few days in August, and while I love the beach, but I'm not a big fan of seawater, so I am wondering if there such a place in Phuket to have a swim.

Thanks!

No there isnt.. the idea of a massive water park has been trying to get realized since long before I moved here and discussed again and again by active parties many times in the last 5 years.

The way I see it is that the ground is so expensive in Patong (where it would presumably have to be to realize a good return) that it would be a non started based on revnue but that doesnt stop the idea coming round again.

No there isnt.. the idea of a massive water park has been trying to get realized since long before I moved here and discussed again and again by active parties many times in the last 5 years.

Years ago I did see the plans for the waterpark in the making. Beautiful project what would have been a great asset for toerisme in Patong / Phuket.

Several locations have been studied for this. South side of Patong where there is still a lot of open space, between Rat-U-Thit and Nanai on the south side of Patong and Kalim.

The main issue with the project was naturally the funding, it wasn't going to be cheap....

Since last year it seems more and more that it will not happen, a pitty in my opinion.