retirement visa - how to do

Hi hello,

I am located in Bangkok and want to apply for a retirement visa, but have some questions

1. bank account

A bank account is needed to be funded with 800k Bath, but

- it seems difficult for a forneigner to get a bank account - so how do i get that

- can I still use the 800K Bath or are is that money there for a guarantee ?
- and can i easily resend it to my bank in my homecountry ?

2. does retirement visa block future jobs
-what if I want later / in the future a thai job or start a thai company of my own, is that still possible with a retirement visa (or you have to change the type of visa).

-will Thai authorities make it more difficult as you should here only for retirement and not work?

3. duty free import of house hold

-can you duty free import your funiture and other stuff based on a retirement visa.
Or should you need another documents for this?

4. Reliable agent - to apply from bangkok for retirement visa

-do i need to go to my home country or can i just apply in Thailand for a retirement visa

-any good bangkok (legal/visa) agency that can organize - which you recommend, i really would like to meet them face to face upfront 

Thx for your comments

1. – It is not difficult to open a savings account in Bangkok. If one bank branch refuses, try another.
    – Yes, you can use the money in the account, just have to top it up to 800k and keep it at that level again at least three months before your next application.
    – Yes, you can even transfer the money abroad if you want.
  2. – No, but you have to change to another category of non-immigrant visa to get a work permit.
    – You have to change type of visa.
    – No.
  3. – Not on a retirement extension, but possible on a work extension.
  4. – Your country of permanent residence for the application of a non-O/A visa; consulates in most other countries for a non-O visa followed by retirement extension in Thailand.
    – The retirement extension can easily be done on your own. If you wish to use an agent, Sunbelt and interactive, the two law firms sponsoring this forum, come highly recommended.

maybe i should give Sunbelt and interactive
but it looks a bit

reasonable cost are ok

I believe some legal agency assitance will make it more easy, have the contacts with )foreign) thai embassy / consult
for example when i asked before a business visa it was refused, but when i used an agency for it I had it in 2 days 

and because i do not want to make a failure

- my old visa runs and a retirement visa could harm my future intentions for start a business in Thailand and getting a workpermit

- if possible I want to avoid to travel all the way back to my home country (high costs and will take me more then a week), so if an agency can provide a visa in a near country as he can asure the contacts that is preferred