Why is the visa crackdown happening?

Honoustly!  

I have no clue why this visa crackdown is happening.

Does it have to do with crimefighting?

Is is terrorism?

Was it law already just being enforced now and if so why?

Is it a new rule and if so why?

Really i see lots of downsides, but upsides?

It's so hard to get foot on the ground here, whilst it would be so good for Thailand to have investors with enough rights to feel ensured and  to really want to make something of it.

We are not all trying to colonise Thailand right. But I would never really invest or at least keep too much capital stuck here. How is this good?

Probably there is a bigger picture that i am missing on this, so please indulge me.

gr.

• Like 1

Combination of reasons I guess and have heard.

Need more money through tax after what the last government did, foreign mafia operations, Thailand's image, too many of us here now, making the country more efficient with people respecting the system than abusing it, ASEAN etc.

Spoke to a girl that was given a really hard time at Chaengwattana for a tourist extension last week, being accused of being a teacher etc. So there is certainly a clean up. Don't know her nationality though.

And while this is ethically the right thing to do, it annoys me that they haven't targeted more serious problems here such as the farangs with the boiler rooms who basically own sukhumvit. Surely that is far more disgusting than some guy working on the wrong visa. However, in this world, money and corruption certainly gets you somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app
  • Like 2

well now you know you cant go around slandering thailand without consequences cue human trafficking slander report. also you will note it is a selective crackdown with replacement chinses taiwanese being given greater ease which those despicable whining no good farang are being shown the door.. good thing too clap2.gif

edit: somehow i forgot to put stupid in there toow00t.gif

Edited by antifagasto

well now you know you cant go around slandering thailand without consequences cue human trafficking slander report. also you will note it is a selective crackdown with replacement chinses taiwanese being given greater ease which those despicable whining no good farang are being shown the door.. good thing too clap2.gif

really? are chinese and taiwanese going to be able to do border runs and stay in thailand on exemptions? are you sure?? 

really? are chinese and taiwanese going to be able to do border runs and stay in thailand on exemptions? are you sure?? 

they are getting free visas whereas before they had to pay. in case you didnt notice or just refused to see, nationality is an important part of crackdown. if you say who it is you get banned and deleted.

they are getting free visas whereas before they had to pay. in case you didnt notice or just refused to see, nationality is an important part of crackdown. if you say who it is you get banned and deleted.

so what? $40 is no big deal. I've had free visas to thailand before and it wasnt anything to write home about. what I want to know is are they going to be allowed to circumvent this crackdown?

Well, does it occur to anyone that the military is in charge now? Just stop for a moment and think of the military mind. What their goals are, how they operate, how they are trained, taught to address problems..... Making better sense of the new developments yet?

• Like 1