Recomendation For Broadband Provider And Also Mobile Line Provider

simontee

Need some recomendation which provider i should subscribe.

1. Which broadband provider are reliable (fast n minimal down time).

2. Which mobile line provider have good coverage with unlimited GPRS accesss.

3. Which cable TV provider have many variety foriegn channels like Discovery, ESPN, National Geographic, STAR TV, CNN, etc...

Please advise.

1. Depends on what "fast" means to you. If you're comparing it to the US, UK, Japan, Korea, etc, then none are unless you pay hundreds of thousands of baht per month. They're all fairly reliable... it's just that even when they're up, they're not useful for much.

2. Only two which have good coverage, DTAC and AIS. AIS is experiencing connection problems right now, but I doubt DTAC will be any better if it keeps up the "promotion fever".

3. There is only actual cable TV provider in Thailand (at least, only one actually worth mentioning and not provincial), and that's UBC. It has all the channels you mention, but also lacks a few (Disney, for example).

I'm pretty much with Firefoxx on this one.

I've had good results with my ADSL from KSC, minimal downtime and full speed international connections.

BUT

I have the 'commercial' 512/256 connection, cost 1900 per month. I can make no comment on their cheap 900 Baht package but I suspect it will suffer from the same international contention ratio problems of all the other 'affordable' providers :o

CAT do a 'domestic' version of their SME package for 2800 which gives you a SYMETRICAL 2M/2M connection (the commercial version of this package costs 7000 per month). We have the SME package in the office, but it's not been installed long enough to have any meaningful reliability data.

• 3 months later...
I'm pretty much with Firefoxx on this one.

I've had good results with my ADSL from KSC, minimal downtime and full speed international connections.

BUT

I have the 'commercial' 512/256 connection, cost 1900 per month. I can make no comment on their cheap 900 Baht package but I suspect it will suffer from the same international contention ratio problems of all the other 'affordable' providers :o

CAT do a 'domestic' version of their SME package for 2800 which gives you a SYMETRICAL 2M/2M connection (the commercial version of this package costs 7000 per month). We have the SME package in the office, but it's not been installed long enough to have any meaningful reliability data.

Do you now have more meaningful reliability data on the SME package?

Was it the 2800 Bath version?

Can you recommend this package for fast international internet connection for IP telephony and VPN?

Is this package also available in Chiang Mai?

I can highly endorse broadband services from KSC who have excellent international connectivity. I always experience fast transfers and in five years I have been a subsriber, I have only witnessed a few hours downtime in total.

For mobile providers with unlimited GPRS, TrueMove (formally Orange) offers a package for 500 baht per month. DTAC offers unlimited GPRS for 999 per month.

Cable TV is provided by UBC here in Thailand. I am not a subscriber but as far as I know they are the only mainstream provider, unless you look into subscribing to the minority services offered by satellite by several companies.