CarWrapter Kevlar

FireMedic

I went last week to see if Carwrapter could do my PCX. The girl wanted 10,000 for the black kevlar carbon fiber wrap. I got there today and the price is now 15,000! I just laughed at her and tried to walk away. She told me to wait because she would call the boss and ask. She grabbed her phone and literally didn't call anyone and just started talking on the phone.....of course the pretend-nonexistant boss said 15,000.  As I was leaving, she was yakking and Mrs Firemedic called her a liar and that's why we will go somewhere else. 

Anyone know where I can get my bike fixed up in Nonthaburi?

Edited by FireMedic

Seriously that material is probably only 2000 baht.

You were quoted the Farang price.

Pay a Thai person to take your bike and ask how much it costs.

I did... I got my Thai coworker to call first and ask how much it would be...then I went the next day and she said the same, so I thought it was legit. Then the 50% increase on the next visit. 

I'd agree, I would have thought 5000 would be about right for wrapping a scooter. I'd get a few quotes elsewhere.

not sure about carwrapter but for 15 k thb , you can get full real carbon fiber fairing set i am sure or get your bike painted all over including the chassis!

vinyl is way cheaper. I know a place but not so close to Nonthaburi but not so far too.

they do a lot of design, not very expensive and not bad work. Even, i am thinking now as seen a cbr300r and zx10r wrapped there and both was looking great.

check it out. little boyish still OK.

https://www.facebook.com/BoyDesignGraphicSticker

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

not sure about carwrapter but for 15 k thb , you can get full real carbon fiber fairing set i am sure or get your bike painted all over including the chassis!

vinyl is way cheaper. I know a place but not so close to Nonthaburi but not so far too.

they do a lot of design, not very expensive and not bad work. Even, i am thinking now as seen a cbr300r and zx10r wrapped there and both was looking great.

check it out. little boyish still OK.

https://www.facebook.com/BoyDesignGraphicSticker

That's what I was thinking as well.... totally ridiculous. I can't even find a new paint shop around here. I know there is somewhere, there has to be. But all we get is smile and the obligatory "mai loo, mai hen". 

Dang, that is a pricey place.

A few years back I had 2 square meters of outdoor vinyl sticker made in BKK and it was about 1200 baht.

That's custom printing; so giant rolls of wrap must be far less in cost.

It just seems very high to pay 10000 baht+ for labor in this country.

That's like 2/3 weeks salary to many Thais.

An engine rebuild sure, but just taking a hair dryer and knife to a body?

Anyway, I see a lot of wrapped cars with the wrap bubbling and working loose.

Maybe it might not be such a good investment to wrap unless they can guarantee a certain time of it not working loose. 

Or watch some videos on it and make a weekend project of it?

Or just pay up and enjoy.

That Boy Design link seems far more reasonable.

Please post pics if you get it done, I think it will look very cool.

Edited by ttakata

I don't want to give bad advice so I just looked up car wrap costs.
Seems it is a pricey enhancement overseas.

http://mobilewraps.net/prices/
http://www.vehiclewrapsuk.com/wrap_prices.html
http://www.itsawrapuk.com/vehicle-wrapping-prices.php

Learn something new everyday.
Must be a very profitable business for both 3M and the laborers applying it.

Easily 10k of material there if it was 3M Di-Noc film.

Oh that's the kicker I forgot to add. I asked specifically for this and when I got there I looked at the backing where is should say 3M and it was just some BS in Chinese... I was over it by then and left. 

I did... I got my Thai coworker to call first and ask how much it would be...then I went the next day and she said the same, so I thought it was legit. Then the 50% increase on the next visit. 

5,000Bt for the co-worker no doubt.

Yes. They are all in on it.

Definitely too high on the price. Spoonman is correct the 3m material runs 3 times as much in the states compared to the Chinese films.The glue I think is the only thing really different on the 2 types. I have used both. #m rocks & some of the cheap shit you get what you pay for. 300 a panel to 500 labor max. You can get a full 650 Kawi painted in Chamelian paint for 7500 labor & 7500 for the paint & clear coat in Pattaya area.