Right or wrong ?

padsterj

OP you did a good thing and that's all that really matters. Your kindness made you put your suspicions aside in the chance that the person may genuinely be in need.

Giving food was a good idea. It can't be used to buy alcohol or drugs, or pay criminal gangs. That's the reason I never give money to anyone on the street. Most beggars here are controlled by gangs. I even heard a story of a little boy being kidnapped by one such gang, having a limb cut off and forced to beg. Besides gangs there's also those lazy, drug addicted parents who force their kids to beg on the street.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One scam that people should look out for if traveling in China is the tea shop scam. Someone will approach you and ask you to take their photo and be really friendly. After a few minutes they will invite you to a tea shop (their business partner's) and you will get fleeced.

Not heard of it in BKK but had it tried on me several times in China.

One scam that people should look out for if traveling in China is the tea shop scam. Someone will approach you and ask you to take their photo and be really friendly. After a few minutes they will invite you to a tea shop (their business partner's) and you will get fleeced.

Not heard of it in BKK but had it tried on me several times in China.

Yes have seen it here on tv. If not mistaken, usually done by women to initiate 1st contact with tourists.