Australian parents reveal their side of the surrogate baby story: Thailand

webfact

This business of being tried in the press is nauseous. We the public are not privy to details other then salacious data. I first heard/read of one child. Now it is twins. Then one side says they didn't know of the other child. All is printed. Do DNA tests on both infants to see if they are siblings........then do the supposed father and test if he is also.

I read the article saying he was a convicted child molester and spent 3 years in jail. If that is true, why haven't the Australian authorities said or done anything regarding the infant girl in their home? Is all this true? Is it the law protecting him/her?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to tell who's telling the truth, but by the media attempts from the Thai lady, my money is on the Aussie couple.

The Thai is just in for it for the fame and the money (how creepy)

For once we get the other side of the story, and rather than seeing it as typically human ie in all shades of grey on both sides, here you are hurriedly reconstructing a convenient black and white interpretation, with the good guys on the right hand side and the bad one on the left. How.... typically human of you, my friend.

4Pm 7 news, We now have the story that Thai authorities told the Oz parents that the baby only had a day to live and the surrogate mother wanted to give the baby a Thai funeral, there was no mention of downs syndrome there is concern of the fathers criminal history regarding underage girls , because of this the surrogate mother wants the baby returned, the Oz child welfare are now looking into these matters , so as it stands, you can be a pedophile and use Thailand as a breeding ground, so to speak, because of small minded politician's that run Australia, the grand Liberals , 1 Term Tony and his band of oxygen thieves, who balk at anything that the good lord hasn't invented.bah.gif

Errr..its a bit of a stretch trying to link this to Tony Abbott old son. The baby is seven months old...add nine months for the pregnancy....makes fourteen months by my reckoning.

Your hero KRudd would have been running Oz back then or maybe Gillard - I forget the exact date that the Labor party imploded yet again and knifed their own Prime Minister.

Can't you Reds leave politics out of this? Or is it just a DNA thing?

Leaving that aside, there are two kids, twins, involved in this, not just the boy left in Thailand.

This business of being tried in the press is nauseous. We the public are not privy to details other then salacious data. I first heard/read of one child. Now it is twins. Then one side says they didn't know of the other child. All is printed. Do DNA tests on both infants to see if they are siblings........then do the supposed father and test if he is also.

I read the article saying he was a convicted child molester and spent 3 years in jail. If that is true, why haven't the Australian authorities said or done anything regarding the infant girl in their home? Is all this true? Is it the law protecting him/her?

W.A authorities are looking into the welfare of the girl.

The pedophile father is now back peddling against what the Thai lady has said with but but but and more buts confirming the Thai lady's story. You need to catch up with the news. The pedophile father has now admitted full knowledge of baby Gammy and he has been caught out in so many lies.

Never trust a pedophile slime.

• Like 2

Hard to tell who's telling the truth, but by the media attempts from the Thai lady, my money is on the Aussie couple.

For once we get the other side of the story, and rather than seeing it as typically human ie in all shades of grey on both sides, here you are hurriedly reconstructing a convenient black and white interpretation, with the good guys on the right hand side and the bad one on the left. How.... typically human of you, my friend.

Who is the good guy? The slimy filthy pedophile or the decent thai lady who has cared for the seriously ill child since birth? She could have simply dumped him like some Thai mother do but she has loved him since birth. Give me the Thai lady over the slimy child molesting pedophile anyday.

I would like to know who named the poor wee boy??

Gammy is not a Thai word and if the Aussies named the boy Gammy then they are some sick 'bleeps' as Gammy means no good, damaged or useless in Oz.

Anybody know?

I think even if Max Clifford was at liberty to act as publicist for the pair of sick dingo's even he would not have touched it with a "ten foot barge pole".

I'm afraid Mr Clifford's 10 foot barge pole is not currently available as he is in prison on sex offences.

• Like 2

Australian government offers citizenship to Thai surrogate baby 'Gammy'
By Digital Content

14072307937035.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 5 -- The Australian government has granted citizenship to the disabled surrogate baby of an Australian couple to cover its treatment cost.

It is the latest development of the case of the baby identified as "Gammy" who was born with Down's syndrome and heart disease from a Thai surrogate mother serving the Australian couple.

It has turned out that Grammy has a twin sister whom the couple took to Australia while Gammy was left in Thailand. Grammy's story has drawn global attention.

At Samitivej Sriracha Hospital in Chon Buri, the Thai surrogate mother and Vijit Phanayingphaisal, the hospital's marketing and public relations chief, told the press that Canberra offered Australian citizenship to Gammy for lifelong medical well being.

The mother said she accepted the offer but would not have the baby treated in Australia as she already received medical payment from an Australian foundation.

She would not let the baby be treated in Bangkok either. She said the treatment in Chon Buri was good enough. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-05

• Like 2

"Electrician David John Farnell, 56, was sentenced to three years jail in 1997 for sexually molesting two girls under the age of 13."

It's time to start worrying as much about the little girl as her brother.

• Like 2

Pattaramon Chanbua, a 21-year-old food vendor in Thailand's seaside town of Sri Racha, is taking care of her 7-month-old surrogate baby, named Gammy, who also has a congenital heart condition.

That would mean the baby was born in December-ish

“All this happened when Thailand was in a military lockdown and very difficult to get around,”

"the friend said.Mr and Mrs Farnell spent two months in Thailand and extended their visas but due to military unrest said they had no option but to leave without Gammy."

Coup happened near the end of May... So the kids are born in December, Mr. & Mrs. Farnell spent two months here and left because of a military crackdown that wouldn't take place for another 3 months? Or is the paper written wrong and they spent 2 months here, then extended their visa's for an additional 3 months?

Also they knew about the boy and that he needed medical treatment, the boy was not suppose to live through the day, they were here for at least 2 months? I would think they would of known if the boy had passed away or not?

I think the 'military lockdown' aspect was covered in an earlier post. In fairness in December - from memory - there was some sort of state of emergency declared but no curfew.

But it is just an excuse as any caring couple going through surrogacy would take great pains to ensure that the surrogate mother was following the guidelines laid out by the IV clinic or hospital, especially with twins. They obviously didn't and just selected the 'good' twin and told porkies about the other one.

The Thai lady may not be well educated but her version has a far more truthful ring to it than the Aussie father's proxy spokesperson. BTW it is good to hear about the fund created for the little boy who I hope will be given a decent Thai name.

The truth is that someone is not telling the truth, the Australian couple or the Thai surrogate mother, no one knows. Add the media into the mix and it becomes a bloody big snake show so that they can sell more newspapers. In the end, the Thai mother gets some money, the Aussies go hide themselves and the media makes all the money.

No....although the Thai woman did this for the money, as she has said,...to pay some bills with the surrogate fee (that she hasn't collected),...she also has said that she has not had contact with the Australian couple who ABANDONED their child....whether they were told it would die in a day or not.

The facts thus far are these. The Australian couple abandoned their child,...and the surrogate has not received payment for services rendered (meaning the Australian couple do have a baby girl that they accepted.

The Thai woman did not plan this out for fame....how ridiculous. But also,...she is not shying away from news reporters.

Not hard to see who's telling the truth at all.

• Like 1

The truth is that someone is not telling the truth, the Australian couple or the Thai surrogate mother, no one knows. Add the media into the mix and it becomes a bloody big snake show so that they can sell more newspapers. In the end, the Thai mother gets some money, the Aussies go hide themselves and the media makes all the money.

The money appears to be administered by a foundation. News reports have stated that it will be administered externally.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Only good news is that enough money wss raised to care for the young boy.

That's not a for sure thing. Many of these fund raising outfits use all the monies donated for administration. I wish the media would make note of that.

But who would have to check on the Farnell's background? What are the regulations for surrogate matters? Do they exist in Thailand? I think the whole story is a scandal anyway. The poor little kid.

Thai people love their families. In Gammy's case, having Downs,...also brings great "merit" for family members.

The Australian couple could have very well been told that the child had one day to live,...but they left. From all I've read,...the Australian couple never met the Thai surrogate. There are no regulations as far as I know for surrogates. Thus far, the only scandal here is that the surrogate has not been paid,...and the Australian couple abandoned their child. Will the media report a scandal if the administration costs for donated monies for Gammy eat up the total donations?

"Electrician David John Farnell, 56, was sentenced to three years jail in 1997 for sexually molesting two girls under the age of 13."

It's time to start worrying as much about the little girl as her brother.

...and what about Farnell's 3 children from a previous marriage, that are now adults ?

I would like to know who named the poor wee boy??

Gammy is not a Thai word and if the Aussies named the boy Gammy then they are some sick 'bleeps' as Gammy means no good, damaged or useless in Oz.

Anybody know?

The Thai surrogates mother's eldest child, aged 7 years, is named Game. There should be a hint in that for you.

Always two sides to a story.

If the Thai surrogate is a liar, and in my experience Thai women are incapable of telling the truth, then she has done untold damage to this couple.

It would seem very odd to me that a multiple child molester would be allowed to arrange and keep a surrogate child.

She has not accused the animal of being a pedo, the Australian media uncovered that and no denials from the rockspider. What the Thai lady said the pedophile denied and now is coming out with excuses and supporting her stories. All but, but but.

The slimey filthy pedophile is the liar in all this.

Thanks Chooka for your intimate knowledge of the whole sorry mess. Seems you have the inside scoop.

By the way you totally miss the point of my post.

• Like 1

Ah, the contortions begin. I see a sleepless night ahead for the haters of all things Thai and female. Let's see how low this can go.

Definitely a hotly contested race to the bottom. Whether "the haters of all things Thai and female" will win, or the paedophile haters will win, who knows. Ya gotta love Thai Visa !. clap2.gif

Edited by tigermonkey
  • Like 1