Tourist Visa To Oz

Finally, on the third attempt.

The visa for my Thai GF was granted.

The interview process took over 30 minutes, but the case worker was friendly and polite. Quite the opposite from our previous experiences.

Finally, on the third attempt.

The visa for my Thai GF was granted.

The interview process took over 30 minutes, but the case worker was friendly and polite. Quite the opposite from our previous experiences.

Patience is a virtue Tiz. CONGRATULATIONS. What was it ....a 3 month stay for her ? :o

They have their own way of doing things there Doc, a woman at DIMA in Adelaide told me that. Maybe the new guy is stirring things up a bit or maybe the election it wont be slobstone thats for sure.

The inconsistency is something else. A cynic might ask how the ' ladies of the night ' ( aka. Holesaler's ) get a visa, whilst the bona fides are denied. Yer

about to be found friend, the Oz FM in waiting will fix it all. And the cockie flew away with the cage. :o

• 2 weeks later...

TizMe,

well done. I have just got back from LOS and i am going back in 2 weeks to see my GF. I want to bring her to Adelaide for a holiday. I can get letter from her employer?? to say she has a job when she goes back, i have enough $$$ to support her while she is here.

I plan on going to Embassy as soon as my feet hit the ground, just incase they are shut Easter holidays.

Any hints on what to do/say when i get there, do i need to make appt, or just rock up?

Any advise would be appreciated.

mr bacdoorbandecoot,

I live in Adelaide and have a bit of experience in the visa situation.

Back for easter time in LOS, well the embassy is closed, christian holiday and they close for thai hols as well.

If you want PM me and if I can help with advice, I will.

cheers

BKK BDB,

No appointment necessary, but get there well before midday. They stop processing new applications at 12.

You have to prove three things.

• A reason why your GF will not stay in Oz after the expiration of her visa.
  • An enduring relationship with the Lady.
  • Enough funds for her to support her stay in Oz.

The letter from her employer will certainly help with the first.

For the second, it can be a bit more difficult. But certainly lots of photos of you together, copies of emails and/or letters that you have written to each other can't hurt.

She will need to show banking details to prove that she has enough money.

I have had time to think about my GF's failed attempts. The first one was pretty obvious. I didn't go with her and she just rocked up to the embassy and applied. Of the 3 things the only one that she could prove was that she had enough money in her account and a good history of banking.

The main problem was that she owned her own business, but had never registered it. So she couldn't prove that she had any regular income apart from her bank book.

On the second attempt (3 weeks after the first), although I went along with her, we didn't take any evidence that showed us to have had a lasting relationship. By this time she had registered her business, but I guess to the embassy staff a business registered two weeks prior wasn't any better than a business not registered at all.

The third encounter was totally different. About 10 months after the second attempt. We arrived at the embassy with a stack of over 300 emails that we had sent to each other in the 10 months since the 2nd attempt. They didn't want to look at them. We also took a pile of photos showing us together, they didn't want to look at them either.

The case worker just took us into the interview room and questioned us for about 30 minutes. Asking all sorts of questions about our relashionship and our planned trip to Oz. She would speak to my GF in Thai and then to me in English, so I presume that it helps if you both give the matching answers.

Then to our delight, she granted the visa.

Good luck mate, let us know how it works out for you.

Tiz

mr bacdoorbandecoot,

I live in Adelaide and have a bit of experience in the visa situation.

Back for easter time in LOS, well the embassy is closed, christian holiday and they close for thai hols as well.

If you want PM me and if I can help with advice, I will.

cheers

Bronco The Embassy will be closed 9 and 12 April for Easter, then 13, 14. 15 for Songkran. Only open Friday 16 April that week. All go at the top.