Pulled over

rambling

They are waiting for you. They say more photos from now on!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is to photograph people using their phones while driving. Nothing to do with motorbikes.

Making pictures of the people without directly stopping them and talking about their wrongdoings is not good imo. Its the same lazy mindset the thai police always had. And on the long term it leads to a surveillance society where everyone is making pictures of others to send them to police.

Dont get me wrong, i am strictly against telephone in the hands while driving/riding. But please police, get active and not just hide behing trees to make pictures wai2.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is to photograph people using their phones while driving. Nothing to do with motorbikes.

And you believe it? They dont form a team of photo police just to take photos of motorists talking their phones while driving.

And you believe it? They dont form a team of photo police just to take photos of motorists talking their phones while driving.

They photograph you using your phone while driving and they photograph your licence plate.

After this you get a nice letter at home or wherever the car is registered accompanied by your felony.

No more saying it wasn't me. This is in use in Europe for a long time now, too many people saying it wasn't them when they were speeding. Not anymore thanks to this "technology".

They photograph you using your phone while driving and they photograph your licence plate.

After this you get a nice letter at home or wherever the car is registered accompanied by your felony.

No more saying it wasn't me. This is in use in Europe for a long time now, too many people saying it wasn't them when they were speeding. Not anymore thanks to this "technology".

i think they will take the photos of any vehicle breaking the rules. Yep, maybe a license plate flipper?:)

Personally, I use the plate flipper on my bike. I love the thing. I flip it down when passing traffic patrol at high speed or running a red light, then flip it back down later. Or, If I am just traveling on open highway at high speed and am unsure of the presence of speed cameras, I just keep it down, flipping it back up each time I enter a town. It' gret. I have a switch with LED (so I know whether up or down) on my handlebar.

Great for you but your an <deleted> for jumping red lights. If there is one kind of person I hate its red light jumpers on bikes or cars.

You just hate me because I'm beautiful.

and because you are smart too i guess!

Too smart to sit at a red light like a brainless robot when there is no traffic in sight! Red: Stop. Green: Go. No thinking there, is there? I always thought it was silly to blindly obey some inanimate device. Who was it that said: Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools?

• Like 1

Great for you but your an <deleted> for jumping red lights. If there is one kind of person I hate its red light jumpers on bikes or cars.

Too smart to sit at a red light like a brainless robot when there is no traffic in sight! Red: Stop. Green: Go. No thinking there, is there? I always thought it was silly to blindly obey some inanimate device. Who was it that said: Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools?

That is from someone who probably did not jump red lights as there were no in his time. You just have to make one mistake this way and kill an other. No sorry no respect for guys like that. I know plenty of people who got T boned by ..... who do this. I bet you scan carefully when riding towards one of those red lights at high speed.

Edited by robblok

man whatever. i dont. bc there is always another smart a...s on the other side of red light thinking to jump a red light. and voila, you crash each other.

I think I just found my smoking gun.

There is a very interesting addition to sections 34 and 35 stating that section 34 was added and section 35 was repealed in 1992:

Section 34:* Note: This article has been added to the. May. Assoc. Bock. Editing. New to the Road Traffic Act Amendment Act (No. 4) BE 2535.

Section 35"* Note: This article was originally canceled. And all the more New to the Act amendment May. Assoc. Bock. TRAFFIC (No. 3) Act 2535. , Section 3, which is published in the Government Gazette Volume 103 No. 180 dated October 13, 2529."

http://www.kodmhai.com/m4/m4-4/H9/m67-70.html

So that explains the redundancy in the law. The current law, section 34, has all those exceptions in it for when you can be in the right lanes on a motorbike, like when you are faster than the vehicles in the left lane.

All good and nice.. i had this paper with translation with me once when I was stopped. It did me no good at all. They definitely need to change this certainly for the bigger bikes. Fat chance of course as it makes a lot of money for the police.

Were you in a middle or right lane when the left lane was unobstructed or you didn't need to turn right? If so then that is a legitimate violation both here and back home.

It was in BKK ever seen a free lane there ? I was going same speed as the other cars on the right lane the left lanes were full of cars. I and others have often been grabbed for this. I showed them the law with translation made a scene.. did not help. Seriously I got fed up with it and tried this. It did not work they kept going on about section 35 without the exclusions 34 according to him was for the cars.

Well I bet your copy did not state that section 35 was repealed. I only just discovered that myself. Still need to confirm it though. So far only one link I have has the repealed statement noted after section 35. Presumably that's the more recent version.

You are responsible for the laws you break, and bribing a police officer is illegal. It is not how it will always be. Things are slowly changing for the better. Go look up what happened to that officer.

No forum member here broke the law in LOS. You got soemthing completely wrong blink.png

But sometimes confusing things happen in LOS.

One day an officer stopped me and i think he said i did something wrong and i had to pay a fine. I only speak little bit thai and so i am not sure what exactly he told me and what was the problem. So i gave him some money, the only thing i understood was he wanted money. Then after i rode off i realised he had forgotten to give me a reciept for the fine. Its not my fault he isnt doing his work correctly. And i thought i may get the receipt per post as he had checked my license and should know my identity. But the receipt never came. Whatever, if i had a receipt i wouldnt be able to read it. So for me no problem. Sometime life in LOS is so confusing different to my home country. I will never understand it..

Riiiiggghhttt...;)

All good and nice.. i had this paper with translation with me once when I was stopped. It did me no good at all. They definitely need to change this certainly for the bigger bikes. Fat chance of course as it makes a lot of money for the police.

Were you in a middle or right lane when the left lane was unobstructed or you didn't need to turn right? If so then that is a legitimate violation both here and back home.

It was in BKK ever seen a free lane there ? I was going same speed as the other cars on the right lane the left lanes were full of cars. I and others have often been grabbed for this. I showed them the law with translation made a scene.. did not help. Seriously I got fed up with it and tried this. It did not work they kept going on about section 35 without the exclusions 34 according to him was for the cars.

Well I bet your copy did not state that section 35 was repealed. I only just discovered that myself. Still need to confirm it though. So far only one link I have has the repealed statement noted after section 35. Presumably that's the more recent version.

Repealed as in revoked... if true that would mean its all B.S what they are trying to pull. But it also means that trucks don't have to stay on the left and they are still going after trucks also who don't stay on the left. (trucks does make sense, so do buses) Though I have yet to see one of those tour buses staying on the left. If we can find something about that it would make a lot of sense... still you would have to argue about it with the copper on the street with no chance to appeal the fine.

This rule is one of the rules that really drives me nuts combined with the underpasses / overpasses rule for bikes.

Edited by robblok

Now on the Discovery channel is a program called "Don't drive here" where they show the traffic in the 6 most dangerous city's of the world. Bangkok is one of them so let the Thai be proud of that.

The reason why traffic in BKK is so dangerous because there are no rules at all except for motorbikes who have to pay bribes. The motorcyclists are the most vulnerable drivers on the road and they sure don't want to drive between the bahtbus/taxi/big bus/mini bus who stop all the time and should stay left but don't.

I have seen that tv program but the host didn't drive into the real gridlocks of bkk. He drove on some quiet streets in the suburbs. Anyway it gives a good impression to the world about BKK traffic, the BIB can be proud with that, this all is because they don't want to do their job.

• Like 1

Now on the Discovery channel is a program called "Don't drive here" where they show the traffic in the 6 most dangerous city's of the world. Bangkok is one of them so let the Thai be proud of that.

The reason why traffic in BKK is so dangerous because there are no rules at all except for motorbikes who have to pay bribes. The motorcyclists are the most vulnerable drivers on the road and they sure don't want to drive between the bahtbus/taxi/big bus/mini bus who stop all the time and should stay left but don't.

I have seen that tv program but the host didn't drive into the real gridlocks of bkk. He drove on some quiet streets in the suburbs. Anyway it gives a good impression to the world about BKK traffic, the BIB can be proud with that, this all is because they don't want to do their job.

Except in Bangkok drivers are very bike aware (as opposed to the UK) and I feel much safer riding in Bangkok than I ever would on the streets of London or Paris.

• Like 2

Except in Bangkok drivers are very bike aware (as opposed to the UK) and I feel much safer riding in Bangkok than I ever would on the streets of London or Paris.

Come and ride in Chiang Mai. Bunch of suicidal retards on the roads up here.
  • Like 1

In Bangkok, i feel the safest in traffic. Most of the motorists are rider friendly and recognize bikes. But new gen - especially female riders!- riders are not super bike aware as they dont start with bikes like their fathers did.

In Bangkok, i feel the safest in traffic. Most of the motorists are rider friendly and recognize bikes. But new gen - especially female riders!- riders are not super bike aware as they dont start with bikes like their fathers did.

Yup, stay clear from Hello Kitty stickers or other very small brand new cars.

But also the other bikedrivers in Bkk are feared by me, i don't want them behind me or next to me at all. Especially when i'm driving inbetween lanes in traffic jam and they are behind me. Sure they will try to pass in a dangerous way so i always give way so they can race full speed inbetween the cars and i will follow them.

Girls on scooters in the BKK traffic are also dangerous but i 'm always amazed they have the guts to drive there.

• Like 1

Although I never crashed a bike in America (other than closed pocketbike racing) I feel safer in BKK because the traffic is slow and cautious.

Americans just don't remember bikes exist and traffic is very fast there.

Some little girls in LA drive Escalades and other giant SUVs so death potential is much greater.

I agree; the super slow scooter riders are dangerous too.

Not only girls, but the old blind guy on his old 2 stroke.

Same &lt;deleted&gt; BS again today. This time didn't ask for money. Took license card out of my hand and gave me a ticket. Seemed quite aggressive / pissed off. No way to 'miss' them, they covered all lanes standing in the middle of the road, and spread over a couple hundred meters, yeah a dozen of them in total. This is right after Kaset junction, towards Nawamin. My whole area is now crawling with this type of check points every day almost.

Same <deleted> BS again today. This time didn't ask for money. Took license card out of my hand and gave me a ticket. Seemed quite aggressive / pissed off. No way to 'miss' them, they covered all lanes standing in the middle of the road, and spread over a couple hundred meters, yeah a dozen of them in total. This is right after Kaset junction, towards Nawamin. My whole area is now crawling with this type of check points every day almost.

they are usua'ly there after kaset nawamin junction.

so o take the lest lane for a km just in case for some time.

Same BS again today. This time didn't ask for money. Took license card out of my hand and gave me a ticket. Seemed quite aggressive / pissed off. No way to 'miss' them, they covered all lanes standing in the middle of the road, and spread over a couple hundred meters, yeah a dozen of them in total. This is right after Kaset junction, towards Nawamin. My whole area is now crawling with this type of check points every day almost.

Yes i do the same have been caught there a few times.

> what your passport has written on it does not excuse you from your responsibility as a human being

> ...

> Congratulations, baby killer.

Strong words. Still doesnt bother me at all. Why should i be responsible for others breaking the law? Yes, thais are not happy with it (junta says), but still there are policeman asking for bribes and taking them. Thats not my fault. Thats how it always has been and always will be (i guess).

Here is what happens if you start making video of police. What will happen if its not a woman holding the camera?

You are responsible for the laws you break, and bribing a police officer is illegal. It is not how it will always be. Things are slowly changing for the better. Go look up what happened to that officer.

NomadJoe wrote:

> Go look up what happened to that officer.

It seems the same officer is still very active in his "job":

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/foreign-tourists-complain-pattaya-traffic-police/

But maybe NomadJoe knows more what "happened to that officer"? I am honestly interested.

Edited by wantan

Repealed as in revoked... if true that would mean its all B.S what they are trying to pull. But it also means that trucks don't have to stay on the left and they are still going after trucks also who don't stay on the left. (trucks does make sense, so do buses) Though I have yet to see one of those tour buses staying on the left. If we can find something about that it would make a lot of sense... still you would have to argue about it with the copper on the street with no chance to appeal the fine.

This rule is one of the rules that really drives me nuts combined with the underpasses / overpasses rule for bikes.

Even if section 35 is repealed (not as in revoked, repealed is the correct word) that does not mean bikes don't have to keep as far left as possible. They still do, as do all vehicles. The only difference is the section which appears to have replaced section 35 allows for all those exceptions for when motorists of any flavor can use the right lanes to pass slower traffic. Section 35 prohibited the use of any lane except the far left lane for buses, trucks (lorries for those speaking the queens English) motorcycles, and other slow moving traffic. It seems the police are still using the old law, further evidenced by the fact that the fine stated is 400B. Section 35 was 400-1000B according to the translations I have read. The newer sections start at 500B.

> what your passport has written on it does not excuse you from your responsibility as a human being

> ...

> Congratulations, baby killer.

Strong words. Still doesnt bother me at all. Why should i be responsible for others breaking the law? Yes, thais are not happy with it (junta says), but still there are policeman asking for bribes and taking them. Thats not my fault. Thats how it always has been and always will be (i guess).

Here is what happens if you start making video of police. What will happen if its not a woman holding the camera?

NomadJoe wrote:

> Go look up what happened to that officer.

It seems the same officer is still very active in his "job":

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/foreign-tourists-complain-pattaya-traffic-police/

But maybe NomadJoe knows more what "happened to that officer"? I am honestly interested.

There is no evidence he is still very active in his job, but it's possible after whatever disciplinary action might have been taken.

"Pol.Col. Suwan Chiawnawinthawat, Chief of Pattaya Police Station, told our correspondent that he has ordered an investigation commission to probe the matter. He vowed to punish the office in the most severe manner possible if he had been found guilty,"

No news after that point.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693544-police-officer-in-pattaya-denies-slapping-russian-tourist/

Even if section 35 is repealed (not as in revoked, repealed is the correct word) that does not mean bikes don't have to keep as far left as possible. They still do, as do all vehicles. The only difference is the section which appears to have replaced section 35 allows for all those exceptions for when motorists of any flavor can use the right lanes to pass slower traffic. Section 35 prohibited the use of any lane except the far left lane for buses, trucks (lorries for those speaking the queens English) motorcycles, and other slow moving traffic. It seems the police are still using the old law, further evidenced by the fact that the fine stated is 400B. Section 35 was 400-1000B according to the translations I have read. The newer sections start at 500B.

I understand that.. but in BKK that would mean they cant fine you as its always busy. So can you find proof its repealed.

I understand that.. but in BKK that would mean they cant fine you as its always busy. So can you find proof its repealed.

I can try.

Same BS again today. This time didn't ask for money. Took license card out of my hand and gave me a ticket. Seemed quite aggressive / pissed off. No way to 'miss' them, they covered all lanes standing in the middle of the road, and spread over a couple hundred meters, yeah a dozen of them in total. This is right after Kaset junction, towards Nawamin. My whole area is now crawling with this type of check points every day almost.

Yes i do the same have been caught there a few times.

Gee I feel for you guys, no bloodly fun at all, up here in the Mid North no problemo, so far. laugh.png

^

The traffic police do an issues and answers section on their website. Playing with various online translators, I see this question seems to be asked by Thai's quit often. They are complaining about it too and seeking an explanation. I think our answer is in here, but without a solid legal translation I cannot be sure. There does seem to be some wording in the traffic police's answers backing up the position that motorcycles can use the right hand lanes to overtake slower traffic. No time now to investigate further.

http://www.trafficpolice.go.th/qa_answer.php?id=15188

http://www.trafficpolice.go.th/qa_answer.php?id=11602

http://www.trafficpolice.go.th/qa_answer.php?id=34142

This page announces the amendments to the traffic code, including sections 34 and 35. http://phanthong.chonburi.police.go.th/road/prb2522.html Then it refers readers to here: http://www.kodmhai.com/m4/m4-4/H9/m31-43-4.html which is the link I provided earlier which shows section 34 added and 35 repealed.

Here is another government source showing section 35 repealed:

http://www.div18.highway.police.go.th/file/lawtraffic2522.pdf

And another:

http://www.rsp.go.th/rsp/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=144:---2522-&catid=37:2009-01-19-11-37-46&Itemid=61

Here is a whole conversation in Thai on FB about the laws started by a transport official in Chantaburi. Oddly nothing about 35 being repealed that I can see.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=663040083724536&id=519620474733165

So basically I am no closer to solving this.

Those roadblocks are always before 3pm and mostly before noon. They have special days for that, sometimes i pass 3 roadblocks and other days none at all.

Well i m happy to read the Bib also go to the righthand lanes now, let them work for their money. One day i got stopped and had to speak to the officer at the roadside where he had 1 small orange pilon on the road but then a huge sandtruck passed me at 10 cm distance on full speed so i told the officer to move the pilons more on the road. I almost got hit by that truck. He gave my papers back and let me go. What if that truck really had hit me while i had to stop there from the police? They should do it at fuelstations where it is safe to stand.

Also i want some official emblems on my bike like many thai cars have. Maybe it works against Bib who are collecting teamoney.

This video is from a Ducati club member riding towards Ladprao / Ratchada:

He was clearly on the left lane, maybe they expected him to scrape the pavement? My Thai isn't good enough to figure out exactly how he talked his way out of it but they finally let him go.