I have to use UOB?

A while ago I started a new job and my employer was kind enough to open up a bank account for me. I thought it was great because I hate BBL and wanted to switch anyway. But as it turns out UOB is pretty bad and I just don't like them.  The only major perk is that there is nobody at the ATM ever because no one uses the bank. BUT.... I just asked if I can close my bank account and not use UOB and my workplace told me NO.

Are they allowed to do this? and yes I know I can just take my money out/transfer it to another bank, but i don't want that.  I just want to have it appear in my bank account every 28th of the month.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Assuming your employee direct deposits your pay, myaybe what your workplace is trying to say is they only direct deposit pay into UOB because they have a special deal with them (i.e., lower cost for the company).

Kinda like how Thai old age pensions can only be direct deposited into KrungThai Bank which is partly owned by the govt...expect the KrungThai Bank gives the govt a better deal since the govt partly owns them.

Costs a company more cash to transfer to accounts at different banks. When I pay people who bank with the same bank as my business it costs me 10 baht to transfer. Elsewhere it can cost up to 150 baht. Times that by the number of employees and it adds up.

If you want to continue to use bbl, then just set up a recurring tranfer from uob and then forget about it.