Document notarization in Chiang Mai.

BonnieandClyde

The obvious answer is lawyers and consulates;  but if possible we would like to avoid both... high fees and hassles.

Is there a convenient alternative?  The documents are all for local business transactions and don't require any kind of international acceptability.

In the US a date stamped on a document by a postal employee will serve for copywrite purposes - or so we've been told.  Could that be done here?

Thanks for any information.

Translation office down by the river road on the old city side of the bridge. Crossing from the romping side come over the bridge and turn right at the T junction. Follow the road keeping eyes open to left side, it has a white sign with red letters saying "translation and visa" in English.

I just got a notarised copy of my passport (900bht) and a translated copy of a letter for proof of address (200bht)
I have no idea if best price or not but that's what was easiest at the time.
  • Like 1

Translation office down by the river road on the old city side of the bridge. Crossing from the romping side come over the bridge and turn right at the T junction. Follow the road keeping eyes open to left side, it has a white sign with red letters saying "translation and visa" in English.

I just got a notarised copy of my passport (900bht) and a translated copy of a letter for proof of address (200bht)

Your reply is appreciated, but we were hoping to find a cheaper way to do it.

We have 10+ documents at the moment and will have more in the near future, so it would add up to a lot of money.

Good luck.

Try your bank.  Had a couple of copies of my passport certified recently.  Just asked one of the customer service staff to stamp & sign, with bank address & date.  Zero charge smile.png

Thanks so much for that useful information.  It may very well end up as what we will do.

However, the postal option - if it is possible here - is preferable because it is a government agency.

Lawyers, consulates, and private translators all seem to be expensive.

Whilst were on the subject, can somebody recommend a place in Chiang Mai where I can get a few documents translated for my son's UK passport application? Maybe someone that has recently gone through the new process of obtaining a UK passport for their son or daughter! Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Whilst were on the subject, can somebody recommend a place in Chiang Mai where I can get a few documents translated for my son's UK passport application? Maybe someone that has recently gone through the new process of obtaining a UK passport for their son or daughter! Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

See my post - the second post of the thread. 200bht translation

Your reply is appreciated, but we were hoping to find a cheaper way to do it.
We have 10+ documents at the moment and will have more in the near future, so it would add up to a lot of money.
Good luck.

Maybe you could negotiate a bulk discount if your other options are not fruitful. It is just a little Husband and wife team; not like a big company with set prices. I imagine they would be pleased to take the work rather than not.