60 million baht luxury wooden home inside natl forest reserve seized in Loei

webfact

The luxury wooden house is believed to be owned by an influential tycoon with close acquaintance with a leading politician in Surat Thani province in the South.

Why this "beating around the bush" while other sources simple name Suthep?

As the house is in Loei I find it hard to believe it is owned by Suthep, as it is a red shirt area. Suthep could not simply walk around there.

Suthep should get his punishment for other crimes - though he did a good job fighting the recent anti yl government-. But for this assumption I would like to see prove.

A Thai article that names clearly and shows some pictures of the wooden home.

สุเทพ เทือกสุบรรณ (Suthep Thaugsuban) under the first picture.

Value estimate is 50 milion "only".

My Thai is not good enough, but there is a chance that the owner is his younger brother!

(เชน เทือกสุบรรณ)

http://tnews.teenee.com/etc/111140.html

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

The luxury wooden house is believed to be owned by an influential tycoon with close acquaintance with a leading politician in Surat Thani province in the South.

As the house is in Loei I find it hard to believe it is owned by Suthep, as it is a red shirt area. Suthep could not simply walk around there.

Suthep should get his punishment for other crimes - though he did a good job fighting the recent anti yl government-. But for this assumption I would like to see prove.

The report says the owner is an acquaintance of Suthep not that he owns it.

A Thai article that names clearly and shows some pictures of the wooden home.

สุเทพ เทือกสุบรรณ (Suthep Thaugsuban) under the first picture.

Value estimate is 50 milion "only".

My Thai is not good enough, but there is a chance that the owner is his younger brother!

(เชน เทือกสุบรรณ)

http://tnews.teenee.com/etc/111140.html

Looksmore like a restaurant tongue.png

• Like 1

doesnt matter who owns it, pull it down and take legal action against them. Just because people are rich does not give them the right to do as they please and yes we all know who the idiot in Surat Thani is along with his wife and their families, all crooked as a dogs hind leg.

The easiest way to find out who owns the place,is to send in a troop of soldiers and tell them to set up camp in the living room and use the facilities that exit.

it is hard to believe the arrogance of some people, but given the corruption that preceded the coup, and will no doubt continue (TIT) it is not surprising work has continued.

As another suggested, dismantle the building and relocate to an area where it can be utilized as a museum, school, community centre or just plain auction the lot. Get it off national forest land.

• Like 1

The easiest way to find out who owns the place,is to send in a troop of soldiers and tell them to set up camp in the living room and use the facilities that exit.

it is hard to believe the arrogance of some people, but given the corruption that preceded the coup, and will no doubt continue (TIT) it is not surprising work has continued.

As another suggested, dismantle the building and relocate to an area where it can be utilized as a museum, school, community centre or just plain auction the lot. Get it off national forest land.

Or perhaps use it as a Field Study Centre, for school-visits, put it to use on behalf of the public-interest where it stands ?

And wait for some deluded hi-so poo-yai, of whatever colour, to dare to object ? rolleyes.gif

If it does end up being seized ... instead of tearing it down they should turn it into a camp for dis-advantaged children

or a family get away for those with children with terminal illnesses

Absolutely! I was thinking the same. Pointless waste to destroy it.The jungle has already been destroyed, the timber harvested. Put it to good use.

If it does end up being seized ... instead of tearing it down they should turn it into a camp for dis-advantaged children

or a family get away for those with children with terminal illnesses

Absolutely! I was thinking the same. Pointless waste to destroy it.The jungle has already been destroyed, the timber harvested. Put it to good use.

They burn perfectly good ivory tusks don't they.

Just take it over for the Thai people and put it to good use, school, study centre, re-hab centre for disadvantaged kids  - there are many uses it could be put to - find the "owner" fine and jail them along with any officials involved in this complete and utter disregard for the law. No if's, but's or maybe's.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

The place should be carefully dismantled and auctioned off. It is far too high-maintenance for the state to keep/keep up. The state can use the money since it lost so much to the Rice Support Scam Scheme. Increase the penalty for encroachment on national forests to 'confiscation of all assets' of the encroacher. Encroachment on national forests is a crime against every Thai and the punishment should reflect the magnitude of the offense.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's why it's hidden in the forests with no neighbors. It's the only place he can sing his yellow songs without anyone complaining. And his new hobby meditating as a monk.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

doesnt matter who owns it, pull it down and take legal action against them. Just because people are rich does not give them the right to do as they please and yes we all know who the idiot in Surat Thani is along with his wife and their families, all crooked as a dogs hind leg.

sorry I don't know and I suspect you don't either.whistling.gif

The fact that people are arrogant enough to believe that they can get away with this sort of stuff is bad enough, but those enforcing it simply don't seem to be able to bring action swiftly against "their own kind".

Give it a break they have only been in power less than 3 months. I suppose next week you will wonder why they haven't landed a Thai on the moon.wai.gif

• Like 2

This maybe considered off-topic, but there is a connection between this report and the recent one about houses built and demolished on land near to that belonging to Tarit's wife.

The authorities have investigated that report and confirmed that, after all the finger-pointing and accusations, mainly by TV posters, those demolished properties were not built on land owned by Tarit's wife

Why did ThaiVisa choose not to report that important and relevant development?

This maybe considered off-topic, but there is a connection between this report and the recent one about houses built and demolished on land near to that belonging to Tarit's wife.

The authorities have investigated that report and confirmed that, after all the finger-pointing and accusations, mainly by TV posters, those demolished properties were not built on land owned by Tarit's wife

"Why did ThaiVisa choose not to report that important and relevant development?"

Perhaps you might post a link yourself, ThaiVisa is after all as you know a site to which we all contribute, indeed you have made some 190 posts in your first month, very commendable.

Regarding who owns this house in Loei, one can hope that it may eventually emerge, but experience suggests that it will be some poo-yai's gardener or maid or chauffeur, such is life here ! rolleyes.gif

"Why did ThaiVisa choose not to report that important and relevant development?"

Perhaps you might post a link yourself, ThaiVisa is after all as you know a site to which we all contribute, indeed you have made some 190 posts in your first month, very commendable.

Regarding who owns this house in Loei, one can hope that it may eventually emerge, but experience suggests that it will be some poo-yai's gardener or maid or chauffeur, such is life here ! rolleyes.gif

I think from memory they reported that the land titles were not in her name but the land was adjacent to (attached to her land).