Help! Very confused about my visa situation

Hi,

I hope this is the right section to post in?

I really need some advice about my visa situation please.

I was teaching at a school In Thailand for two years with a Non-Imm B, I had a valid work permit until September 2014 and was allowed to stay here on 90 day extensions until September too. However, I was meant to report to immigration on June 6th, which I didn't do as I went to Vietnam on holiday. When I returned I was stamped back in again until September.

In July I decided to leave my job and go to teach in China to try to get some savings together. China was a horrible experience and I was cheated by the school, so I decided to return to Thailand two weeks ago. When I went to Vietnam, I got a multiple re-entry permit/ visa, so when I arrived from China they just stamped me back in until September. However the school I was working for cancelled my work permit in July. I didn't know I was supposed to hand it back so I still have it,and, as previously stated, I also failed to report in June. What is my present situation? I'm so worried about all of this? What do I do to make everything ok? If I find another job now, can they do anything to update/ maintain the Non-Imm B, or must I leave the country immediately and get a tourist visa? Am I going to get fined? Am I in trouble about not returning my work permit?! Any help/ advice very gratefully received!!!

Your other thread you posted asking a similar question several months ago: 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707938-can-i-keep-my-non-imm-visa-valid-here-while-working-in-china-on-a-z-visa-for-a-few-months/#entry7509452

Makes what has happened rather ironic considering what you planned to do in China.

Edited by liamstevens111
  • Like 2

So you broke your contract to teach here?  You went to China and got cheated?  sheesh

Ever heard of karma?

We need more info from the stamps in your PP.  What type of visa you have RIGHT NOW?

'nuff said

~

Yes listen to ubonjoe. Imagine if he got a dollar for every bit of free advice he gave here on TV! Or better still a $1 for each of the hundreds or thousands like me who read and absorb Joes words without ever commenting or contributing. Go Joe!!!

You don't need to worry about the report in June because you left the country. The report is for staying longer than 90 days in the country.
You do not have to return your work permit. It only needs to be cancelled.
Technically you are now in the country illegally because the extension of stay you had ended with your job.
You need to leave the country and return with a tourist visas and tell them not to use the re-entry permit.

Looks like he might have a new visa from the embassy in Vietnam. We need some clarification on what visa you have now? Was the visa from the Thai school and it was an extension of stay or do you have a new multiple B visa from Vietnam? Can you scan what you have?

So you broke your contract to teach here?  You went to China and got cheated?  sheesh

Ever heard of karma?

We need more info from the stamps in your PP.  What type of visa you have RIGHT NOW?

'nuff said

~

Another one of TVF's helpful and considerate posts.

• Like 1

Call it karma if you like but I handed in my notice before I left and didn't take the holiday pay. After two years in Thailand I still didn't have enough to go back home to see my family, I just tried to be sensible for once -life can't be a beach forever! Anyway yep China certainly served up a big stinky tofu-laced plateful of something for me!

I have a Non-Imm B extended until September. I got a multiple re-entry visa before I left for my Vietnam trip, which is valid until September....except that it isn't really as the Non-Imm B is now void, right? When I re-entered from both Vietnam and China they stamped it and gave me until September.

So anyway it looks like I'm headed for Cambodia asap then? No other way to sort it? Go easy on me, I'm still recovering!!

Am I going to get fined for overstaying at any point? If so, will it be at the border when I leave, or when I go to the embassy to apply for a tourist visa, or at some other point? Would it be 500 baht per day?...If so, I'd better get to Cambodia pretty quickly!! Do I face time behind bars if I can't pay it?! Wow -my family are going to be so proud!!

• Like 1

Call it karma if you like but I handed in my notice before I left and didn't take the holiday pay. After two years in Thailand I still didn't have enough to go back home to see my family, I just tried to be sensible for once -life can't be a beach forever! Anyway yep China certainly served up a big stinky tofu-laced plateful of something for me!
I have a Non-Imm B extended until September. I got a multiple re-entry visa before I left for my Vietnam trip, which is valid until September....except that it isn't really as the Non-Imm B is now void, right? When I re-entered from both Vietnam and China they stamped it and gave me until September.
So anyway it looks like I'm headed for Cambodia asap then? No other way to sort it? Go easy on me, I'm still recovering!!

If you have a Multi-non B then you are ok. If you have an extension of stay then yes you need to leave. Did you get a re-entry permit when you left Thailand and used that to enter Thailand?

The visa and tourist policy appears more and more unstructured, haphazard and ill-conceived.
Result: Confusion and bad press.

For me only counts what they stamp in my passport:
Admitted until:....................
So no overstay, no problem.
If your boss kick you out, yes you need some time to 
pack your things, and to be clear with your landlord.
You can come back with a tourist visa or
with a new job and a New B-Visa
or with a stamp
Admitted until.................

Edited by tomacht8

The visa and tourist policy appears more and more unstructured, haphazard and ill-conceived.
Result: Confusion and bad press.

Maybe, but starting 29th this month it will become easier to change jobs, and it will become possible to extend 30 days a visa exempt entry.

Not everything is negative unless you want to look negatively.

• Like 1