recommend I-mobile phone to buy

steveb6

Looking to buy a mobile phone and I see many members use I_mobile. Can someone please recommend  a good model to buy as there are many models and not sure what is a good one.

Also, how does I- Mobile compare with Samsung for price and quality?

i-mobiles tend to be on the cheaper end of the scale. They work pretty well but being cheaper they have lower quality components such as cpu, lower density screens etc. If you just want a basic phone for general use an i-mobile should be fine. However if you want to play games or use intensive apps you  might find it a bit underpowered. Not sure about the cameras but I assume they're not the best either.

I'm more than happy with my HTC One M7 (last years flagship) but if I were to buy again now I'd probably consider Samsung as HTC for some reason decided to carry over the same camera from the M7 into the new M8.

Samsungs break and go south just as any other phone does...they spend 100's of millions on promotion designed to make you think that they are of significantly higher quality and that promotional cost is essentially what you are paying for when you lay out B20,000 rather than half that for less for a lesser name phone that does all the same functions just as well.

Just check out the always no less than one hours wait at samsung Service at Fortune or MBK.

There are a lot of threads on this forum about i-mobile phones...a lot of people are very happy with them and BTW, play games just as successfully as anybody else.

If status is your primary concern, then go for a Samsung or Apple.  If decent functionality is what you want, you have many choices.  One very impressive phone that just hit the market is the ASUS ZEN PHONE 5,  Great specs, beautiful Gorilla glass screen and less than B7000.

It seems to me lately Samsung has too much neglected quality. Issues with the Galaxy S5's camera speak volumes. (although they replaced it free of charge at Samsung in The Mall)

I also abandoned my Note 3 because of frequent lock-ups (freezing) which could only be remedied by removing the battery. Speaking of battery, it has an abysmally low life, hardly enough for a 10 hours day.

So what now?

I decided to try the new Sony Expedia Z2 and I am positively surprised.

It's fast

it has a super camera

after one day of use still about 60% of battery power

great screen

and that would also be my recommendation, if someone needs a powerful Smartphone and can afford to pay THB 20,000 and more for it.

I too have an i-mobile Hitz. Had it for over a year now. It has a camera but the camera itself is poor quality (not a problem for me as I use a camera for photos).

Sound quality is good. Plays mp3's. Has a calendar, alarm and all the basic functions of a mobile phone. Simple press of a key to make it hands free during a call (and very loud it is then too).

2 sim cards (very handy when I am back in the UK and want both Thai and UK sim cards at the same time).

None of the numbers or letters have faded.

I added super loud and other ringtones.

Cost me less than 1000 Baht.

Then again, I use a mobile phone as a phone and to send messages, not to connect to the internet or play games.

Am I happy with it? Yes :)