No Visa options for the ones who are young and have money?

Thailand Elite is complete crap:

100,000 a year vs 2000 for retirement visa
tourist visa vs non-imm which means 1 year driving licence. seriously you pay 50 times more money and you have to deal renewing your driving licence every year
zero guarantee of what might happen to your visa if there is more political turmoil

I couldn't help but feel like a mug buying the card bah.gif

There has been "political turmoil" since ever...
But I am still enjoying the services of Thailand Elite (after 10 years of membership), as well as its extremely convenient visa :)

To everyone his own opinion, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that I was unable to read Thaivisa anymore, or Facebook. But all the rest of the web was working. I used a VPN which now I am using to post this.
Conclusion, someone has blocked Thai Visa and Facebook for my Thai IP.
These things do not happen randomly.

Yes. We are watching you. You better go quick.

Well I am positive that Facebook and Thaivisa are actually hidden from my Thai IP address while I can see them when using a VPN. This is not random. I have 20 years experience in IT and networking.

Note to the one who put a block on my Thai IP:  have a great day. Do not worry, I will be out of here in a while, no need to worry about my posts, but pass the message so that people <50 have a way to stay in Thailand if they show 60k/month income from outside Thailand. That would be great.

Thanks

But I am still enjoying the services of Thailand Elite (after 10 years of membership), as well as its extremely convenient visa smile.png

1 million for lifetime visa vs 500,000 for 5 years.. not really the same kind of deal. I'd be happy to buy a lifetime visa for 1 million. 

I just noticed that I was unable to read Thaivisa anymore, or Facebook. But all the rest of the web was working. I used a VPN which now I am using to post this.

Well I am positive that Facebook and Thaivisa are actually hidden from my Thai IP address while I can see them when using a VPN. This is not random. I have 20 years experience in IT and networking.
Note to the one who put a block on my Thai IP:  have a great day. Do not worry, I will be out of here in a while, no need to worry about my posts, but pass the message so that people <50 have a way to stay in Thailand if they show 60k/month income from outside Thailand. That would be great.

Thanks

I'll let the general know tomorrow

Thanks

Why should it be cheaper with less money to show for the people under 50, than the people over 50 ?

• Like 2

So a non Thai national should be regarded in the same category as as the richest Thai's?

Really, teachers, retirees backpackers and all!

You haven't thought this through, I can tell.

You haven't read it through, I can tell.

Hey, I'm just trying to challenge your point of discussion!

You state you should be treated in the same way as the richest Thai, your position is not defensible and along with so many of your breatheren these days who can't debate or support their spouting with fact or reasoned argument, you push back on the readings skills of your challenger, You're too funny, really.

what the F are you on about?

you've totally missed my point and gone off on a tangent.

There there Dick, and do tell us all what tangent that might have been! blink.png

But I am still enjoying the services of Thailand Elite (after 10 years of membership), as well as its extremely convenient visa smile.png

1 million for lifetime visa vs 500,000 for 5 years.. not really the same kind of deal. I'd be happy to buy a lifetime visa for 1 million. 

Everybody had the occasion to buy the Elite card for a single million before.
Now the "full option" card has jumped to 2 million, but it's still a good deal :)

Or for those who are not sure yet, there is the Easy Access option for 500,000 that can be tested for 5 years.

I am too young to have a retirement visa. But even if I was old enough, I would still go to for the Thailand Elite option. By far the nicest way to stay in this country :)

the 2mil option has a 20,000 yearly fee and is only 20 year.. and if I had been around when the 1 mil card was around I would have gone for the easy 3 mil investment visa

Edited by yoslim

C'mon, what is 20,000 baht a year nowadays?

Peanuts smile.png

just that it brings the yearly cost to 120,000 baht when a retirement visa costs around 2000 baht. the 20 year is the worst option of all, more expensive than the 5 year card

Peanuts smile.png

just that it brings the yearly cost to 120,000 baht when a retirement visa costs around 2000 baht. the 20 year is the worst option of all, more expensive than the 5 year card

Yes yes indeed...

I understand that for some it is real big money.

This option is not for everyone, nobody would contest that fact :)

I am quite happy not to be among those who have to think hard before to spend 20,000b (a year)... As we said, there is an option for everyone.

Digital nomads included (which I am not).

Peace :)

Peanuts smile.png

Yes yes indeed...

This option is not for everyone, nobody would contest that fact smile.png

I am quite happy not to be among those who have to think hard before to spend 20,000b (a year)... As we said, there is an option for everyone.

Peace smile.png

It's not about the cost of the visa, it's about the unfairness of paying 60 times more for the same thing...

What option is there for digital nomads (which I am not, just curious) ?

Peanuts smile.png

Yes yes indeed...

This option is not for everyone, nobody would contest that fact smile.png

Peace smile.png

It's not about the cost of the visa, it's about the unfairness of paying 60 times more for the same thing...
What option is there for digital nomads (which I am not, just curious) ?

I find myself quite comfortable in this "unfair world", and don't mind paying "60 times" more for a product that you see as "the same thing" as your retirement visa.

It's a question of perspective and financial comfort.

If your option suits you, very good.
I am sure you don't mind if my and 2799 other members' option is equally suitable for our lifestyle.

As long as you are happy in Thailand, it is the most important !
You are happy, right? Good :)

• Like 2

Yes, most of the points raised by the OP do not make a lick of sense.

However, he does have a point when it comes to the main issue at hand.

Freelancers, offshore workers and young retirees are people who spend a lot of money in Thailand. Much more than your average "true" retiree.

And those people do not "benefit" in any way from the system: there is social security whatsoever in Thailand. The money these people bring in from abroad is pure profit for a country that is still a developing nation.

If the government is fed up of people working illegally for Thai companies, then they should instruct Immigration Bureaus around the country to conduct raids on schools, diving schools, restaurants and what not. That would take care of the problem without driving EVERYONE out of the country.

And, for those of you mentioning the Elite card, I do not think living in Thailand is really worth spending 100K/year for a visa. We're not talking about Japan or Korea here.

• Like 2

I find myself quite comfortable in this "unfair world", and don't mind paying "60 times" more for a product that you see as "the same thing" as your retirement visa.

It's a question of perspective and financial comfort.

If your option suits you, very good.
I am sure you don't mind if my and 2799 other members' option is equally suitable for our lifestyle.

As long as you are happy in Thailand, it is the most important !
You are happy, right? Good smile.png

I'm not 50 so obviously I'm not on retirement visa.

no actually I'm pissed off,I might get denied on my return to Thailand because some immigration officer might think I'm working in Thailand. If I get denied I'll just go somewhere else until I can come back on a tourist visa, no way I'm paying 50 times more for an inferior visa

Edited by yoslim

I have just read dozens of posts on this thread and it still sounds like jealous old farts who wish they could do what the OP can do ... 

How does it go with the old fart brigade -- Let's see ---  I've got mine for cheap and you young guys just go suck hind tit... (because the 'current' rules favor us and NOT YOU... na nana na na ... Such a mature attitude ... (pun intended)...

You seem to be on this rant of people being jealous of the OP & to do what he can do....

actually a few people suggested he look into the "elite " card if he has the money....

and since the OP didn't want an Ed visa to learn Thai..or other languages offered .. he didn't want that option.

he claimed he has money but then he went on about not being able to work..or open a bakery.

Anyone can say anything online..doesn't mean they are providing all the facts or being truthful.

Sounded like a whine session to me ..& basically I got the impression he had a low opinion of Thailand anyways.

He has options...but he sounded too arrogant to explore them..except for his g/f he sounds ready to leave...like go to Cambodia or Philippines.

Unfortunately this issue of "too young to retire with money" is up to the Thai immigration to deal with...

not from a bunch of old people on this forum unless he wanted sympathy.

Jealous he has money?..many people here have money & if their visa is in order obviously they have enough money to live here.

Jealous he has a g/f?.Even old guys can find a g/f here.

Jealous he doesn't want to learn Thai?..Everyone should learn basic Thai to live here.

Jealous he has to leave Thailand because he can't get his visa after 4 years here?..

I don't think too many people are jealous to be in his situation...

And what do all those things you list have to do with the CORE of OP's question? .. You are not only jealous of his lifestyle you resent it ... Just answer the fricken question OP asked ... instead of being wrapped up in his choice of lifestyle or your reaction to it.   Who appointed you as judge and jury ?