Dental World, Chiang Mai ?

radka

Dental World seems to be a modern, competitively priced clinic. However, I haven't been able to find any online reviews.

If you have first-hand experience with Dental World, how would you rate it for quality of work, professionalism, etc ?

Many thanks in advance.

If you mean Dental World on the SE outer corner of the moat, my wife and I have been several times and would consider them one of the better dentists in CM. There are several full time dentists there and the prices are not ridiculous, they speak English just fine, and you can email them for a quote and they actually reply same day.

If you mean Dental World on the SE outer corner of the moat, my wife and I have been several times and would consider them one of the better dentists in CM. There are several full time dentists there and the prices are not ridiculous, they speak English just fine, and you can email them for a quote and they actually reply same day.

Hi clokwise,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I'm not at all familiar with Chiang Mai, so I don't know where the clinic is located, relative to the moat. On Dental World's web site, the address listed is on Rat Chiang Saen Rd.

Can you recommend any dentist in particular at Dental World, or did you use more than one ?

I did email them 4 days ago, requesting information as to whether they carried a particular veneer product, and was impressed at the quick response (less than 12 hours).

Thanks again !

The owner did a 4 at a time wisdom tooth removal and it went well, his name is in the website. We have had several crowns done well there by Dr. Boonchai. They have several female dentists who are good with kids.

Good place, reasonable prices, competent staff, they explain alternative choices well.

near the SE corner of the moat

The owner did a 4 at a time wisdom tooth removal and it went well, his name is in the website. We have had several crowns done well there by Dr. Boonchai. They have several female dentists who are good with kids.

Good place, reasonable prices, competent staff, they explain alternative choices well.

near the SE corner of the moat

Many thanks for the information about your experience at Dental World, Dante99.

I require some fairly extensive dental work, including crowns, so it's really beneficial to get feedback from someone who has undergone the same procedure.

On a broader, it's a good idea to get recommendations about dentists.

In Bkk (not so sure about here in CM) there are numerous fake dentist clinics.

Just a few months back a very large modern clinic near our old condo in Bkk (in tourist area) was exposed as totally fake, with about 10 'fake dentists'.

They had completely renovated about 4 old shophouses and spent a lot of money on the very modern renovation, professional equipment, etc.

They offered many services but their main income was tooth whitening, at very expensive rates. All fake.

The appropriate government dept., discovered them and sent in a team of demolition men who quick smart ripped it all apart, pulled down and destroyed their very big advertising banners across the shop front, etc.

• 10 months later...

I thought it might be useful to others who are in the process of researching Chiang Mai dental clinics to provide a follow-up to my experience at Dental World.

I wish to thank the thaivisa members who took the time to respond to my initial post. This forum proved to be an invaluable source of information to me, as Dental World has a much lower profile than other dental clinics.

I'll preface my review by stating that I am not receiving any financial remuneration or future considerations from Dental World.

Overall, my experience at Dental World was an extremely positive one.

About me : having played hooky from the dentist for a few years, I knew it was reckoning time. I realized that there was a distinct possibility for a fair amount of work to be done, but I was also seriously considering getting veneers for the "front grill." In the end, I wound up getting a couple of teeth extracted, a couple of root canals, some root planing, a filling, and a round of teeth whitening.

One of the things that impressed me about Dental World on my initial visit was that they recommended I focus on preserving a couple of my teeth and extracting a couple of more, instead of the veneers. This recommendation not only saved me a few thousand dollars, but also demonstrated that they were more concerned about my dental well-being than boosting their profit margin.

Their premises was modern, clean, nicely decorated, and about as relaxing an environment as I have ever encountered in a dental clinic.

The receptionists were friendly, professional, and spoke excellent English. Additionally, they went out of their way to re-schedule appointments.

The dentists ( I had 3 ) were highly professional. They each took the time to explain the dental procedures, as well as suggest treatment options. Effective communication was never an issue, as each dentist was very proficient in English. Two of the dentists had Masters degrees in specialized areas of dentistry from the U.S. and Australia. The quality of their work was certainly on par with their credentials.

I was very impressed with the quality of their work. For starters, they administered enough anesthetic (which appears to be an issue for many Thai dentists ) to ensure that I didn't hit the ceiling during my root canals and extractions. Mild discomfort yes ; pain, no. Each dentist was quite gentle while poking and prodding around my mouth. They frequently asked me how I was doing. Additionally, I came away with the impression that they took great pride in their work - as evidenced by the one dentist who repeatedly grinded down a newly placed filling until she was satisfied with the result.

From a pricing perspective, Dental World is competive with other clinics that cater to foreigners.

In the end, I was extremely satisfied with the quality of dental work at Dental World, and intend to go back in the future for any major dental work. During the course of my research, it was evident that there were some highly recommended dental clinics in Chiang Mai. While Dental World may lack the high profile of other cliniics such as Grace or Elite, I feel it Is a clinic worthy of consideration for those seeking an above average dental clinic in Chiang Mai.