simple child's phone

cooked

More than a few times we have turned up at school and either waited 30 minutes or find out that our brat has been waiting for an hour. Let's say the school isn't all too communicative.

If I could find a simple, robust phone that can only be used for calling, say, 4 or 5 numbers, things might get easier. I tried google for an app or phone that would have automatically limited usage but I was probably using the wrong search terms. I'm sure I read about a phone somewhere...?

It all depends which school your kid attends and how old he/she is.

Private high end school= I phone 5 or the other students will look down on your kid.

Sad but true. 

If you ignore above just buy a 1000 baht Nokia and a pre paid sim card and tell your kid 100 baht per week or whatever you are willing to spend. 

My 12 year old daughter is on-line with her phone all the time man (face book) but uses wi-fi in the house and strict weekly budget on her usage (credit gone = no more calls that week). 

Although I do not use myself a keyguard code seems to be an option even on my cheap Nokia 101 so suspect any cheap phone could be used for your purpose (only having the function/menu keys available to call programmed numbers. 

• Like 1

Although I do not use myself a keyguard code seems to be an option even on my cheap Nokia 101 so suspect any cheap phone could be used for your purpose (only having the function/menu keys available to call programmed numbers. 

Thanks, what I need is a phone with Fixed Dialling Numbers settings apparently. You put me on the right track.

Private high end school= I phone 5 or the other students will look down on your kid.

Sad but true. 

If you ignore above just buy a 1000 baht Nokia and a pre paid sim card and tell your kid 100 baht per week or whatever you are willing to spend. 

My 12 year old daughter is on-line with her phone all the time man (face book) but uses wi-fi in the house and strict weekly budget on her usage (credit gone = no more calls that week). 

5-5-5!!  So true!!!  I participated in a video shoot at an upscale elementary school near Thong Lo.  You could tell the disadvantaged kids; they only had I-Phone 3's & 4's...the Creme de la Creme all had 5's; and they weren't "C"'s. 

• Like 1

Sad but true. 

Gee i wonder what my neighbors think when i plod around on my 10year old motorbike in our fancy over priced moo bahn..

Oh wait i don't care and neither do they..

• Like 1