Transit visa.. please help

Hi,

I am Pakistani national but living and working in European union for 4 years. Due to business I am travelling to China shortly and on return I have 20 hours transit through Bangkok (thai airlines). Do I need to apply in china for Transit visa or I can get visa on arrival?

Please help. Thanks in advance

Sabih

If you have a connecting flight and can remain in the transit area you will not need a visa.

If not you would have to apply for a visa. You would not be able to get one on arrival.

I am not sure you would be able to get the visa in China. Normally they only do them for those holding resident visas for China.

You may be able get one before leaving Europe.

If you have a connecting flight and can remain in the transit area you will not need a visa.

If not you would have to apply for a visa. You would not be able to get one on arrival.

I am not sure you would be able to get the visa in China. Normally they only do them for those holding resident visas for China.

You may be able get one before leaving Europe.

From what I just read, a transit Visa is required for a layover of 20 hours or more. Is this not correct?

Indeed if wanting short trip out of the airport you would be best getting a tourist visa while you in europe. Just staying in airport for connecting flight requires no transit visa.

20 hours is a long time at the airport but a short time to do much in the city allowing for airport commute times etc.

20 hours is a long time. If you want to have a nice stay in a hotel, get a tourist- or transit visa in Europe before you leave. Take with of you proof you are residing in Europe and apply in the country you actually reside.

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I just arrived in Thailand with a transit visa of 15 days. Can I apply for a 30-days tourist visa here in Thailand at the Immigration head office at The Government Complex , Chaengwattana. Thanks.

There is no 15 day transit visa. A transit visa obtained at an embassy or consulate allows a 30 day entry.

The only 15 day entries are from a visa on arrival after paying 1000 baht for it or a 15 day visa exempt entry at a border crossing.

A 15 day visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office.