how do i get utility bills in a rented condo?

tomtom345

hi all , how do i get my electricity , water , cable tv , wifi/adsl internet bills in a rented condo?
do i get them in a mail? or from the condo managment?
and when do i need to pay these bills? is it a month after i move in to my condo apartment? or is there a set date in which everyone in thailand pay these bills? if so what are those dates?
and from what i read on this forum i can pay my electricity and cable tv bills in a 7 eleven , can i pay the water bills and wifi/adsl internet bills in a 7 eleven as well?

It depends on your rental agreement.

They maybe pushed under the door or held at the office for you to collect, as I recall from when I owned a condo many were posted under the door but if your condo was being managed they sent them to the person managing the condo, so it maybe they are sent to your landlord or agent, they may forward them to you or present you with a bill at their own inflated rates.

PS, the Cable TV was included in the management fees, management fees may be paid monthly or annually, these are normally always paid by the owner.  

Edited by Basil B

You can also pay your internet service at 7/11. For water you need to check with the condo management as some will provide individual water bills placed in your box and payment is usually made directly to the condo management. All bills except water can be mailed to your condo box. But having utility bills in your name may not be possible except for internet that you personally arrange.

Always read the meter when you move into a rented condo or apartment. I found that some management companies put a large surcharge on the actual bill and charge the tenant more than the actual bill. You would be smart to rent where you can pay the actual charges. If you are going to be there for a long time you can go to your bank and have the charges taken from your account each month but there is a lag time to set this up.

Always read the meter when you move into a rented condo or apartment. I found that some management companies put a large surcharge on the actual bill and charge the tenant more than the actual bill. You would be smart to rent where you can pay the actual charges. If you are going to be there for a long time you can go to your bank and have the charges taken from your account each month but there is a lag time to set this up.

I own my condo. Electricity, cable TV, landline phone through condo switchboard (that I never use for outgoing calls, so is zero) & water  are included n the monthly statement.  My satellite TV I pay directly once a year and 3BB Internet monthly. The monthly condo bill is placed in my mail box as is the annual assessment. Can't picture someone running around shoving anything under every door with circa 500 units in the building, many of which are vacant during the summer months when their owners head back to Europe until the next cold wave hits.

Unless your management is really gouging you or your a real penny-pincher, I can't see bothering with running around to pay each bill separately. Unless I run the A/C the total for everything including other building related charges < Baht 1800 a month. Hardly worth saving a few baht to have one more thing to be bothered with.

Edited by Suradit69

ok , thank you guys for your'e answers.

I can pay TOT, 3BB and CAT Internet bills at the 7Eleven. Some have a pay by date that if you miss you have to go to the office to pay it. My CAT bill can be paid after the due by date.

PS, the Cable TV was included in the management fees, management fees may be paid monthly or annually, these are normally always paid by the owner.  

Not in my condominium, it's up to the tenant if he wants to have cable TV or not.

"It depends on your rental agreement" 

Yes, exactly!

All my bills land in the letter box, and I pay them cash at the office or 7-11 way, or internet payment.

It has been an issue where the bills coming from BKK have not arrived, I have to remember and go pay anyhow.

I have not set up any direct debit payments. Yes they are convenient, and cover those times you forget. The reason is I recall someone telling me it was impossible to cancel direct debits for state utility bills...... so I avoided it. Important if you rent perhaps.

Where I live, the water and electric bills are delivered to my door by the office. My cable tv bill is also sent to me by the office as they have a contract with the cable tv company. The water is paid to the office monthly with the cable tv being paid annually.

The electric bill is paid at a nearby 7-Eleven before the cutoff date, which is shown on the bll. My internet bill is delivered to me through the post (3BB) and can also be paid at a 7-Eleven. This also shows a cutoff date by which the bill must be paid. Occasionally, I have to go to their office due to the Post office failing to deliver the bill to me.

Alan

I own my condo. Electricity, cable TV, landline phone through condo switchboard (that I never use for outgoing calls, so is zero) & water  are included n the monthly statement.  My satellite TV I pay directly once a year and 3BB Internet monthly. The monthly condo bill is placed in my mail box as is the annual assessment. Can't picture someone running around shoving anything under every door with circa 500 units in the building, many of which are vacant during the summer months when their owners head back to Europe until the next cold wave hits.

Unless your management is really gouging you or your a real penny-pincher, I can't see bothering with running around to pay each bill separately. Unless I run the A/C the total for everything including other building related charges < Baht 1800 a month. Hardly worth saving a few baht to have one more thing to be bothered with.

I know that all buildings are different but your situation seems unusual.

Yes, water and common fees and building wifi and cable TV will normally be billed by the condo, but individual phone lines and individual internet connections and your electricity would normally be billed directly by the utility company. This is certainly what happens in my building and someone does indeed deliver each and every bill by hand to each unit, along with the rest of the mail.

Also I suspect that if you get your electricity billed directly by the condo building then you may well be paying more per unit than the official PEA price that I pay.

Personally my building bills (common fee, water, TV) are deducted from a cash deposit made in advance to the front office, but my electricity is paid by direct debit from my bank account, as is my internet bill. I have better things to do than pay bills in person every month, especially as I may not even be here at the right time and so would run the risk (and expense) of being cut off.