Buying direct from the Thai Apple store online.......

Franky Bear

Has anyone done this?

My MBP is 4/5 years old and lagging a bit now plus i spilled water on it and some of the keys don't work. I'd like the new MBA when it comes out with some extras in it to make it more powerful. I'd like to buy it online as then i know i am getting exactly what i want.

Has anyone bought from Apple online in Thailand and did everything go smoothly? 

Recently bought a new Imac from Apple online. 100% excellent transaction. The only way to go. Prices are comparable to US, and the education store will save you a few bucks. No taxes, VAT, or customs. Best of all, no counterfeit software!

• Like 2

Can I buy with my UK credit card or via my iTunes account if I put the right money for the MBA in there?

I used a US credit card with no problem. Give them a call or email about Itunes account.

Edited by curtklay
  • Like 2

Dont buy from apple franchise stores in Bangkok . a bunch of cheats . screwed up the paperwork for tax refund for a friend and he lost 6000 baht because of.Like most of the stores in Malls.A Big Thai Rip Off

That would be really annoying for your friend - but it sounds as if the store staff were incompetent (with the paperwork), rather than being cheats (no motive or gain for them).

• Like 1

I very recently bought MBP 15" thought the online store - arrived promptly, properly configured, great service.

I've bought several items from apple Thailand online and always had the same good service.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

yes and it works very well..... it gets shipped from Singapore or Hong Kong.... arrives in a few days, you can track once shipped.

Every thing is paid... no taxes etc on arrival. thumbsup.gif

Same experience when I ordered a new iPod. It was sent from Singapore (or Malaysia?? can't remember). Delivered by courier service with tracking number. All custom duty, etc. taken care of. No problem.

I very recently bought MBP 15" thought the online store - arrived promptly, properly configured, great service.

I've bought several items from apple Thailand online and always had the same good service.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cheers. I'm looking at getting a fully loaded 13" MBA, although i might hang on to see if they do this 12" that's been reported.

Dont buy from apple franchise stores in Bangkok . a bunch of cheats . screwed up the paperwork for tax refund for a friend and he lost 6000 baht because of.Like most of the stores in Malls.A Big Thai Rip Off

"a bunch of cheats . screwed up the paperwork"

Screw-ups by salesclerks ( and/or your friend) don't qualify as cheating. It seems whenever someone doesn't get exactly what he wants when it wants it in Thailand, he/she starts announcing it's a scam or someone is cheating him.

Usually paperwork screw-ups are remedial one way or another. If it is a genuine Apple dealership and if the fault was theirs rather than your friend's, complaints can be lodged with Apple directly

Edited by Suradit69

What annoys me about the Apple online store is , Aus. UK. U.S.A. have some great accessories to choose from.

I tried ordering 3 items off the U.K. online store as they are not on the Thai Apple online store.

I was told that as i live in Thailand i could only buy off the Thai store.

The alternative was to buy off the U.K. store , get it delivered to an address in the U.K. then have it sent over here. ( + import duty , taxes etc )

To me an online store is a cyber store , why wouldn't all the Apple stores through out the world sell the same items ?

Although I have never had a problem with Apple online Thailand , it has the worst selection of online stores.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the keyboard. Order the 'international' one and you'll be fine.

Like everyone else in this thread (so far), my experience with the Thai Apple Store was really excellent (November 2013). Shipped from China with absolutely no issues.

I don't know the situation now, but at the time I ordered my MBP last year the price was 80K on the Thai store. The price for exactly the same spec on the UK store was £2,500. Quite a price diffrence. So you may well want to compare the prices before you decide.

• Like 1