Shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair

inbangkok

I've suffered for years of thinning hair and hair loss. Sometimes it gets bad and then there is longer times that things are back to normal.

I've found that stress and sleeping poorly makes it worse. Also, big changes in diet: I lost a lot of hair when I lost 20 kilos, even if I did that with an extremely healthy foood and over a course of 2 years. Changing climate from cool Europe to hot and humid Thailand has not been so good to my hair, either. I think it's because the water here is different, too hard on my brittle hair. Now I am going to start washing my hair with bottled water to see if that makes any difference.

These steps have helped me. Firstly, start using shampoo that prevents/slows down falling of the hair. Use conditioner, moisture is important for healthy hair and scalp. I brought mine from Europe but Boots here seems to have some good brands.

Start taking vitamin supplements. A multivitamin containing zinc, vitamin B, folate, iron, and calcium would be good. I am taking also magnesium, fish oil and B12. Alternatively, add more foods containing these to your diet.

Sadly, there's no quick fix. It can take 3-6 months to start seeing improvement. Stick with the regime!

Don't waste your money on "fixes". Thinning is natural for us testosterone guys............giggle.gif

Lol....I know its natural, but I don't like it. I have no problem wasting my money on something that will fix this.

Chum, my hair started falling out at 18 years old. tried lots of stuff but looking back it was a rip off. One thing that works is a drug for I think heart treatment, can't think of the name, but if you stop taking it your hair falls out. Just join the rest of us and face it. The airs to the UK throne have a similar problem but l think say "oh <deleted> it"..........smile.png

Yeah, its called Propecia I think. Right now I just use Minoxil, which is a topical. It works, but if you stop using it, the results reverse as well.

I got prescribed A high blood pressure tablet that contains some form of minoxidil about 12 months ago.

My blood pressure was about 170/120 and unresponsive to conventional pills. This pill has dropped my blood pressure to about 130/100 or so. Not perfect but a huge improvement on where it was.

A side effect of either the pill or reduction in blood pressure was a huge amount of hair re growth during the 12 months to the point where I can't believe the difference. Side effect being hairier everywhere....luckily I wasn't a particularly hairy person to begin with. Individuals may see other side effects.

So I now have massively good hair growth and lowered blood pressure. So if any of you have to see a doctor about treating high blood pressure and hair loss then ask about a co treatment plan.

This pill would obviously be very bad for a person with normal to low blood pressure and I wouldn't recommend anyone takes this orally unless under observation from your physician.

Change your diet

So helpful..... Thank you..... Lol

Hmmm yes, how can diet stop the natural phenomena of male pattern baldness.

Hint Hint

Asian people don't get bald half as Western do.

While doing a performance in Africa, a clown was met with a very stern audience.

No one was laughing.

Then he took his hat off revealing a bald cap with side hair.

Everyone got in stitches, they never saw a bald guy in their life!

Don't waste your money on "fixes". Thinning is natural for us testosterone guys............giggle.gif

it is genetic......I just tested with high Testosterone and have full hair.....my father has and my grandfather had with almost 80.

A few days ago I watched on of our customer....almost 70, thin hair but complete black, no white, while my age can be seen clearly in my hair color....

Hint Hint

Asian people don't get bald half as Western do.

While doing a performance in Africa, a clown was met with a very stern audience.

No one was laughing.

Then he took his hat off revealing a bald cap with side hair.

Everyone got in stitches, they never saw a bald guy in their life!

I know Thai bald and balding guys in LOS. Different parts of the globe regarding baldness is different. Thats the way it is. If a farang has lots of hair in old age then look where his family originated from yeeeeeeeeears back. We are all different, hormones are different. Live your life with the cards you were dealt.......thumbsup.gif

Believe this if you will.

Just trying to help.

Good luck !

it is genetic......I just tested with high Testosterone and have full hair.....my father has and my grandfather had with almost 80.

A few days ago I watched on of our customer....almost 70, thin hair but complete black, no white, while my age can be seen clearly in my hair color....

I have had my testosterone tested and it is fine. Clearly that is not the only thing that determines hair loss....otherwise my hair would not be thinning.

• 10 months later...

I have had my testosterone tested and it is fine. Clearly that is not the only thing that determines hair loss....otherwise my hair would not be thinning.

That your testosterone is fine is causing your hair loss.

If you have the genetic for it (some have some don't have) you loose as more hair as better your testosterone levels are. If they are very bad, you get tits but keep your hair.....

Honestly, not good for guys of a certain age to worry about hair. It's either going to go grey or drop out. Mine dropped out and that was probably better.

mine get blond.....graveyard blond.....other would call it white....

I could color it black and hope no one figure out that I am older than 20 crazy.gif

But usually an old man who colors the hair won't look like a young man he would look like an old idiot....

I could shave it off and hope people think I am a weirdo and not an old man.....but if that is much better?

Or I cut the newspaper into pieces, stuff it into my wallet and the wallet into my trouser so everyone can see it bulging and everyone will call me handsum man and want to marry me on the spot gigglem.gif

I figure my bold head fits in with the rest of me. If I had a full head of brown hair OK it would good, but the rest of me wouldn't .

well if the rest of you would also have full brown hairs it would be too hot in Thailand....

post-12692-0-02858900-1435576928_thumb.j

Yes lets believe there is a gene for baldness.biggrin.png

Ah, if only smiley faces made one into a scholar...

For interest you could consult this non-technical genetics site, supported by Stanford University, for an easy to read explanation of the huge (up to 80%) genetic influence on baldness http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news100

Extracts:

"Scientists Link a Piece of DNA on Chromosome 20 to Male Pattern Baldness

October 17, 2008

No one likes to go bald. Most people don't like to think that something about them caused it. So balding men come up with all kinds of explanations for why it is happening.

They aren't eating right. Their hair follicles are all clogged from their shampoo. Their blood doesn't circulate well on the scalp. Their mom's dad was bald.

Except for the last one, these are all bogus. And the last one is only partially true.

Baldness happens because of the genes people inherit from both their mom and dad. Some studies show that 80% of balding is genetic...

[...]

Two new studies have fingered a small region on chromosome 20 called 20p11 as being associated with balding. This sort of thing could explain people who are bald even though their mom's dad still has a full head of hair.

Scientists don't know how this DNA is involved or even what part is involved. All they know is that people who are bald tend to have a certain version of 20p11..."

Yes lets believe there is a gene for baldness.biggrin.png

Ah, if only smiley faces made one into a scholar...

For interest you could consult this non-technical genetics site, supported by Stanford University, for an easy to read explanation of the huge (up to 80%) genetic influence on baldness http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news100

Extracts:

"Scientists Link a Piece of DNA on Chromosome 20 to Male Pattern Baldness

October 17, 2008

No one likes to go bald. Most people don't like to think that something about them caused it. So balding men come up with all kinds of explanations for why it is happening.

They aren't eating right. Their hair follicles are all clogged from their shampoo. Their blood doesn't circulate well on the scalp. Their mom's dad was bald.

Except for the last one, these are all bogus. And the last one is only partially true.

Baldness happens because of the genes people inherit from both their mom and dad. Some studies show that 80% of balding is genetic...

[...]

Two new studies have fingered a small region on chromosome 20 called 20p11 as being associated with balding. This sort of thing could explain people who are bald even though their mom's dad still has a full head of hair.

Scientists don't know how this DNA is involved or even what part is involved. All they know is that people who are bald tend to have a certain version of 20p11..."

To express it more simple:

The follicles that produce hair are either sensitive to Testosterone or not.

So this doesn't apply to women as there isn't much Testosterone in their system.

If you are sensitive or not is in your genes. If you are sensitive but have a low Testosterone level you loose less hair. If you have a high level or take lot of anabolics you loose them all.

Look at elderly men in Thailand: If they have full hair they are most probably Thai, if they are half bald they are most probably Chinese. Different genetic.

You can be 150 kg heavy and look like a pig with full hair or a fit vegetarian but bald.

(there might be small differences as food and sport influence the Testosterone level.....so actually as better you live as balder you get).

female baldness is something different....